Your email system only HALF working

mtbikeroz

At 6am local time (AU - Canberra) I sent via the Geocaching.com site several emails to cache owners about various matters. I TICKED the feature (its defaulted to tick anyway) that says "send me a copy of the email". I click send.

My email in box DOES NOT receive a copy of the 3 emails. I check regularly for 2 hrs - NOTHING.

To my surprise, one of the cache owners then contacted me by phone (I left my no. in one of the emails), and we discussed the cache in question. He received the email OK. I didn't receive my copy.

EIGHT and a HALF hours later, I receive ALL 3 emails copies, as a batch at the same time, 2:30pm local time. ( I was on the pc the whole time, checking regularly, and they appeared within a 10 minute window between my checking).

Also, I noticed a cache on my watchlist had a find, and THREE hours later, I received the email notification.

Is something wrong???

Could you as a matter of courtesy when something is wrong like this, surely/please could the website say when I click send, we are experiencing delays in emails etc etc.

PS - There was NOTHING wrong with my email account - I sent myself emails from a couple of non-geocaching, outside different accounts - instantly received.

Edited by mtbikeroz

I've noticed that the PQ generation each day is quite erratic. Some days I'll get them by 11:00 am. Other days, it's not until late afternoon. Just this past week, one set didn't come until 12:30am of the following day. Then, today, they showed up before 9:30 am. I know there is a priority set for those PQs that are "new" versus "scheduled" but I can't believe that's the driver in this case - too much difference.

E-mail notices seem to be OK for the cache log types (owner, watchlist, etc.).

When I drop my geocoins, I no longer get email notification of them being dropped like I used to. I do get them when someone else logs them. Is this a new feature or is the system broke. I looked at the release notes for the past couple months, but I don't see where they made that change.

At 6am local time (AU - Canberra) I sent via the Geocaching.com site several emails to cache owners about various matters. I TICKED the feature (its defaulted to tick anyway) that says "send me a copy of the email". I click send.

My email in box DOES NOT receive a copy of the 3 emails. I check regularly for 2 hrs - NOTHING.

To my surprise, one of the cache owners then contacted me by phone (I left my no. in one of the emails), and we discussed the cache in question. He received the email OK. I didn't receive my copy.

EIGHT and a HALF hours later, I receive ALL 3 emails copies, as a batch at the same time, 2:30pm local time. ( I was on the pc the whole time, checking regularly, and they appeared within a 10 minute window between my checking).

Also, I noticed a cache on my watchlist had a find, and THREE hours later, I received the email notification.

Is something wrong???

Could you as a matter of courtesy when something is wrong like this, surely/please could the website say when I click send, we are experiencing delays in emails etc etc.

PS - There was NOTHING wrong with my email account - I sent myself emails from a couple of non-geocaching, outside different accounts - instantly received.

The proof is in your statement the e-mail is sent out right away. Comcast has been known to throttle email coming from Groundspeak and it wouldn't surprise me if your ISP did the same thing. Being a Comcast customer i had the same thing happen to me. I changed my email address to a gmail address and all is well.