Geocoinfest: What coin are you bringing to trade?

tsunrisebey

Got me a few of these, headed my way :blink: Plus some GCF Earth Turtle pins to give away and slowly starting to go through some of my collection to bring also.

GCFDTRESIZE.jpg

oooooooohhhhh!! I hope I hope I hope I hope I have something you'll trade for :ph34r: That's gorgeous!

Me, I'll be bringing my little box of traders....if I can find the box they're packed in! I just, rather suddenly, moved! and if I find some free time, I'll also make some more of my new plastic sig chips

I love the colors on the dragonfly coin!

In general, will it be worth making a trip to geocoinfest if I don't have anything to trade? Will some people be selling coins?

If you're close, you should go. It isn't required to bring trader coins. There will be plenty of coins to buy and look at. I think you will find a few people are very generous with their coins (nomrally the people who bring event only editions), many of us will trade but will also give them away to those who ask. If anything, you'll learn alot, meet new people and see how crazy the coiners really are :ph34r:

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't make as many of these as I did the ET for GW6, so make sure ya hunt me down and ask for one :blink: Cause when they are gone, they are gone. Btw.... it's nontrackable (my favorite kind of coin :)) and the back say's 'TSUN'. It's also antique nickel, the 1st time I've used this metal.

2 weeks, wooohooo :P

I've been packing up lock n locks all last week and today. Got so much to bring that I am flat rate priority shipping some to the hotel to arrive the day before me. Spoke to the girl at the front desk who instructed me how to do this. Got all the info on how to label shipments if anyone else who is flying is interested in doing the same.

Edited by AtlantaGal

If you're close, you should go. It isn't required to bring trader coins. There will be plenty of coins to buy and look at. I think you will find a few people are very generous with their coins (nomrally the people who bring event only editions), many of us will trade but will also give them away to those who ask. If anything, you'll learn alot, meet new people and see how crazy the coiners really are :ph34r:

It sounds like a lot of fun. As long as nothing unforseen happens I'll be there :blink: Sunday is the day when everything takes place, right? (or am I reading the schedule wrong?) I think I'm close enough to drive up and not have to stay overnight - unless there is something cool I'm going to miss on Saturday then I could make it a two day trip....

I've been packing up lock n locks all last week and today. Got so much to bring that I am flat rate priority shipping some to the hotel to arrive the day before me. Spoke to the girl at the front desk who instructed me how to do this. Got all the info on how to label shipments if anyone else who is flying is interested in doing the same.

Don't forget to label them Avroair :)

Don't forget to label them Avroair :)

I thought she was shipping them to Ohio for pre-inspection. Hmmm. Something's afoot.

Got me a few of these, headed my way :D Plus some GCF Earth Turtle pins to give away and slowly starting to go through some of my collection to bring also.

GCFDTRESIZE.jpg

*droooooooolll*

Niiiiice! maybe someone (nudge, nudge Fox and the Hound... :) ) will pick one up for me! :D

It's also antique nickel, the 1st time I've used this metal.

Ant. Nickel is quickly becoming my second fav finish! :D I'm always impressed with how cool it turns out.

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

I will be bringing a pile of coins to trade from my trading list (click here).

And also, a personal coin.

This is a GeoPix V1 coin that Jake was so kind as to produce for me. I can't really decide which I am more passionate about, geocoins or finding caches! This was a nice little match of both: the picture on this coin is from a very special milestone, our 500th find with the whole family on top of a mountain in the spectacular Sequoia National Forest.

0e43cf65-2a2d-4e26-9f8b-05f423590a05.jpg

I'm really looking forward to CGF and meeting many of you in person.

I will be bringing a pile of coins to trade from my trading list (click here).

And also, a personal coin.

This is a GeoPix V1 coin that Jake was so kind as to produce for me. I can't really decide which I am more passionate about, geocoins or finding caches! This was a nice little match of both: the picture on this coin is from a very special milestone, our 500th find with the whole family on top of a mountain in the spectacular Sequoia National Forest.

0e43cf65-2a2d-4e26-9f8b-05f423590a05.jpg

I'm really looking forward to CGF and meeting many of you in person.

Vanelle, wow those look so beautiful, to bad we cant make it to GCF , This must of been so fun and a great way to mark a milestone. These coins look so nice and what a way to celebrate your memory. Congrads and you have a very nice looking family.

Reading the thread with the Kids earlier...

Looks like they will be able to buy one or two as their funds are liimited...

mostly to DAD.....GIVE ME SOME MONEY......

The kids each just bought a HERE COMES THE SUN for the SANTA MISSIONS, thought their giving should be rewarded.

Will there be multiples of many of the coins?

Will this be a barter situ?

Looks as if there will be an auction, possible door prize situ?

My Son has been after a Dressel Dragon coin for quite some time, I have missed many on E-bay.

Looking to get one for a Christmas gift for him.

He is also looking forward to meeting one, two, or all of the Dragons in person since we circle the same areas, just never bumped into each other.

Looking to get the Daughter one of the Fairy coins... If I could just find a FallOut Boy Coin I would be GOLDEN...

Any tips let me know, this will be our 1st event and we do not know what to expect, bring, etc.....

Also seeing all of the dropped coins are these for discover only? Or are these to be picked-up and moved?

We have had a few TB's and Coins dropped at events, seems they made it into the basket, some have made it out some appear to still be there...

Thank for all of the help.

The Finding Irish 4

I'll try my best to answer...

Will there be multiples of many of the coins? There will be many coins for sale and trade...those for sale by vendors will have multiples available. Those for trade may be available in multiples or not.

Will this be a barter situ? Vendors will have coins for sale at a set price...individual will have coins avilable for trade (typically for other coins)

Looks as if there will be an auction, possible door prize situ? There will be a silent auction and some goodies given away to lucky attendees

My Son has been after a Dressel Dragon coin for quite some time, I have missed many on E-bay.

Looking to get one for a Christmas gift for him. I am flattered that you seek our coins...unfortunately, we no longer have any of the trackable coins left, and have retired that design.He is also looking forward to meeting one, two, or all of the Dragons in person since we circle the same areas, just never bumped into each other. We hope to meet you too!

Looking to get the Daughter one of the Fairy coins... If I could just find a FallOut Boy Coin I would be GOLDEN...

Any tips let me know, this will be our 1st event and we do not know what to expect, bring, etc.....Bring any coins/TBs that you have for discovery...money (if you want to buy anything)...and enthusiasm. There will be a coin seminar, pathtag bingo (for the kids), geocoin poker (partipants have already been notified...it is entertaining to watch if you are not playing), and some other fun stuff.

Also seeing all of the dropped coins are these for discover only? Or are these to be picked-up and moved?

We have had a few TB's and Coins dropped at events, seems they made it into the basket, some have made it out some appear to still be there...Some of the coins/TB will be moved along...some for discovery. There will be a trackable station set up for those that need moved. We hope that no coins/TBs go missing!

Thank for all of the help. See you in less than a week!

A List of Items I am bringing.

Approximatly 50 pathtags bagged with coin flyers including the Summer meltdown flyer I sent out previously to help buid some excitment for the cointest, the pathtags are mostly form the pathtag club for August and september with a few Indiana jones.

I will have the Keystone minis group project coin minimum of 75 to trade.

I will have about 10 trackable coins to trade (Not a very good collector)

Some ca$h (Hope to be a better collector)

I have 8 Replicoin Proxy copies left over from my venture into the proxy thread on these forums (Will make a great humorous paper weight for your desk) they cost about $6.00 to produce. I will reserve one for AvroAir so he can have something lame to look at on his desk.

Also I have produced 100 Event cards placed in PKK plastic card holders that will make a nice coaster for beverages. Pic below.

I will be at the meet and greet the night befor and at the event between 10:00 - 2:00 pm if there is any interest in any of the above items. You will have to find me because I do not know any of you.

I will be the one prickly all over. (don't get to close).

GCFO8.jpg

Calling all owners of older geocoins!

I mentioned somewhere around here that I'd be very limited on trading, but I still have a major hankering for some of the older coins that have eluded me. So if you have some older coins along the lines of Geometeacher, Champoeg, Buck Snort, Snowmann, Ray & Rose (to name a few), stop by my table? I'll have a "Wanted Poster" at my table, and a "nefarious" YYv2 that's a lot different than the others. :huh:

I'll be set up as a vendor with YemonYime, Alien Compass Rose and Geocache America "GCF" versions, as well as pins and other neat stuff!

Stop by, and tell me I sent you. :)

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but Helena is under a Severe Winter Storm Warning. From midnight tonight until Sunday 6pm. I may get snowed in and not be able to go :laughing: It's snowing now and I've been hauling wood close to the house to keep the woodstove going (I know, I know.... how rustic, lol). Anyone else under the same Winter Storm Warning? Man if I can get outta here, it's gonna be a bumpy ride over the mountains, man I hate that crap.

Can't believe I'm gonna say this but Helena is under a Severe Winter Storm Warning. From midnight tonight until Sunday 6pm. I may get snowed in and not be able to go :laughing: It's snowing now and I've been hauling wood close to the house to keep the woodstove going (I know, I know.... how rustic, lol). Anyone else under the same Winter Storm Warning? Man if I can get outta here, it's gonna be a bumpy ride over the mountains, man I hate that crap.

I had that happen last year. :blink: This time it's sunny and 76 degrees forcasted. :)

Gosh Steph that bites :blink: I hope it all works out for you and you can get out safely.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be really sad if you couldnt' go...BUT I will do you a favor and take a few of those traders off your hands if you can't get to GCF to do some trading!! LOL

Tsun, not to rub it inor anything but is is been nice and going to bein the high 70's this weekend and nice and sunny. We feel for you. Please travel safe to GCF. We wouldn't want anything to happen to you friend. We know what it is like there when it snows, remember how you didnt want us to go over that pass that night and we stayed? Be careful.

Barry and Val of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife