Cache riddle help

Hi There

I am relatively new to geocaching (only have 20 under my belt)

I have recently come across a local cache which consists of a riddle that I need to solve in order to find it. Am I alllowed to ask on here if anyone else has had any lucky or whether or not someone can help us with the riddle??

The cache has been there for nearly four years and it would seem hardly anyone has found it!!

Looking forward to getting some help so I can finally get some sleep!!! :P

Coxandclan :yikes:

Hi There

I am relatively new to geocaching (only have 20 under my belt)

I have recently come across a local cache which consists of a riddle that I need to solve in order to find it. Am I alllowed to ask on here if anyone else has had any lucky or whether or not someone can help us with the riddle??

The cache has been there for nearly four years and it would seem hardly anyone has found it!!

Looking forward to getting some help so I can finally get some sleep!!! :P

Coxandclan :P

Welcome to the sport/game/addiction - it's too late now! :yikes:

Rather than ask for help on here, where everyone will be able to see the answers, I would contact the cache owner and then it is up to him how much help he wants to give on his cache.

Edited by Just Roger

Welcome to this Forum, CoxandClan :yikes:

I think it's usually best to contact the cache owner for assistance with a puzzle cache. I think it's also a good idea to tell them what ideas you've had for solving it, or what methods you've tried out so they know you have actually tried to work on it a bit. :P

Most owners are sympathetic and will give you a "nudge" to get you thinking in the right direction, especially as you're fairly new to Geocaching.

Good luck!

MrsB

We often think that there needs to be more than one hint associated with a cache.

We have seen several mutli's where you get a seperate hint for each stage. Excellent

The next step though is to have more hints for completing the puzzle. Perhaps a series of hints giving stronger and stronger clues for puzzles needs to be developed but how would they be controlled?

Peter