Move coisn out of inventory

splitti

Hello!

I have quite a lot coins in my inventory. I bought the coins and they are not placed in caches. I show the coins on events, or if I meet other cachers.

Is there a way, to delete the coins of my inventory list?

Or should I make a secosn account and transfer the coisn to that account?

Greets

splitti

Hello!

I have quite a lot coins in my inventory. I bought the coins and they are not placed in caches. I show the coins on events, or if I meet other cachers.

Is there a way, to delete the coins of my inventory list?

Or should I make a secosn account and transfer the coisn to that account?

Greets

splitti

You can create a dummy cache, just be sure to tick the box before submitting it - that it does not go to the reviewers for publishing. Then you can drop all of your coins into your very own virtual coin cache.

Actually an easier way is to simply use the Mark as Missing feature. Without going to all the trouble of using up all the GC #s, you simply go to the top right corner of the page and in the drop down menu where it says "recalculate Distance" you'll find "Mark as Missing. this puts it in an unknown location, but the trackable can always be brought back into circulation simply be "grabbing it" back. You can do this if you are the trackable's owner, or the cache owner, if they are in cache. For more information about trackables, check out the link in my signature to the Groundspeak Knowledge base.

Actually an easier way is to simply use the Mark as Missing feature. Without going to all the trouble of using up all the GC #s, you simply go to the top right corner of the page and in the drop down menu where it says "recalculate Distance" you'll find "Mark as Missing. this puts it in an unknown location, but the trackable can always be brought back into circulation simply be "grabbing it" back. You can do this if you are the trackable's owner, or the cache owner, if they are in cache. For more information about trackables, check out the link in my signature to the Groundspeak Knowledge base.

I don't agree that it is easier to mark the coins as missing - then you have to go to the page of each of the coins and mark them as missing. This can be a lot of work instead of dropping them in an archived or not published cache.

Groundspeak have been asked to make a collectors inventory, but nothing has happend on that subject yet...

And at last a question - what will happend to a coin that is marked as missing when it gets dicovered? Will it stay marked as missing or will the owner need to mark it as missing after every discovery?

And at last a question - what will happend to a coin that is marked as missing when it gets dicovered? Will it stay marked as missing or will the owner need to mark it as missing after every discovery?

You can still Discover a coin when it is out to an Unknown Location and it will stay there. Taking it out requires it be Grabbed.

I prefer placing travelers there instead of a fake cache as it doesn't add false mileage.

Dude, I love your avatar! Way funny.

While I understand and respect Eartha's point of not using up GC#s I also take the point with a whole lot of salt since reviewers are so quick to archive disabled caches. I submit that this arbitrary practise by Groundspeak volunteers uses up way more GC#s than coin stashes since a replacement cache is best set up as a new cache to provide a new find and a new FTF opportunity. If archiving caches is so easy and meaningless, setting up fake stash caches should be just as meaningless.

But then someone with 764 Finds and only 2 Hides ought to be placing more caches out there to contribute to the sport rather than create fake caches for his coins.