FS: BRAND NEW MAGELLAN TRITON 400 WITH 1 GIG SD CARD!

ethanbl

I have for sale a BRAND NEW Magellan Triton 400, and 1gig SD card. It has only been removed from it's box once, to just to make sure it works. There is no cosmetic damage to the unit. I am asking 150.00 plus 10.00 shipping. Photos and more info are availible up request from bobcatboy56@AOl.com. I will also include 6 AA batteries for the unit (3 Sets, Unit only takes 2 AA's at a time.)

I have for sale a BRAND NEW Magellan Triton 400, and 1gig SD card. It has only been removed from it's box once, to just to make sure it works. There is no cosmetic damage to the unit. I am asking 150.00 plus 10.00 shipping. Photos and more info are availible up request from bobcatboy56@AOl.com. I will also include 6 AA batteries for the unit (3 Sets, Unit only takes 2 AA's at a time.)

Ethan,

Still waiting for that extended warrantee on the 500 LE, and it's been months now. Also, I know it's "buyer beware" but you didn't mention the fact that the 500 wouldn't get wass.

"buyer beware"

Jim, thanks for the heads up about this seller. Was this the 500 you're talking about?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...howtopic=193282

Yes, that was the posting I purchased the 500 from...kinda confusing too, bobcatboy has the info, when you order, comes from some one else...never got the batteries either ...not a big deal but truth in advertising?

Jim,

I am very sorry, I am looking for the info for the warranty, I have found most of it, but I am missing one page with most of the info on it. I'll send it to you as soon as I find it. I am very sorry for not contacting you about the delay. As for the order coming from someone else, my relative has the title to the paypal account. It's the same address, but her e-mail, and name on the account. I use my e-mail for the forums.

PS: There should have been batteries in the unit.

I am sorry for any inconvieniences I may have caused you.

Ethan

Edited by ethanbl

Also, about the WAAS problem. I used the unit with WAAS, no problem, and I believe Magellan made a firmware update, which you have to have to use WAAS now.

PS: Jim I am sending you some of the warranty info now.

ok,thanks As far as waas, it's one of those sol things...unit had to be turned on during a certain time period in 07..

cannot be firmware updated as it is the last and latest up date and is not able to be reverted to an older waas capable . Lots of postings on the subject...Not happy about it, and not sure I'd want a Triton in exchange from Magellan. Batteries no big deal...upgraded to rechargeables any how.

Jim,

I had an Explorist 210 with no WAAS, then an Explorist 500 that I upgraded to the European firmware that gets WAAS, and got a Trioton 300 that I played with for an evening. I'd take the 500 with no WAAS any day over the Triton. WAAS gives me a more consistent low average reading but it is not really causing me to find any more caches then my 210.

Edited by jeffbouldin
WAAS gives me a more consistent low average reading but it is not really causing me to find any more caches
Good point. For many users, having WAAS doesn't improve things much. In fact, if you search back a few years in the forums, when WAAS started to be widely available in handhelds -- a lot of folks were asking how to turn it off, thinking it didn't add enough to accuracy but DID cost in battery life.

Still, when selling (or buying) an Magellan, I'd want to be very clear on the serial number grop and the installed firmware version. And while we're at it, the date code that's also on the serial number sticker (e.g., a GPS with date code 2507 was built in the 25th week of 2007).

Caveat Emptor... :D

Edited by lee_rimar

Jim,

I had an Explorist 210 with no WAAS, then an Explorist 500 that I upgraded to the European firmware that gets WAAS, and got a Trioton 300 that I played with for an evening. I'd take the 500 with no WAAS any day over the Triton. WAAS gives me a more consistent low average reading but it is not really causing me to find any more caches then my 210.

OK, so we'll use Cheryl's 500 WAAS-less (consistant 20-30 ft) to get into the vicinity, and my 500

w/ WAAS (usually 7-10 ft unless under tree cover, then 20) to get to GZ.

Is it possible to wipe out the firmware then re-install a WAAS capable upgrade?

My luck as usual...SN: 133
Not entirely. Call Magellan, complain, you'll get a comparable Triton.

Then sell the Triton, new in box, on eBay or Crailgslist, and probably recover more than you paid for the Explorist. So you haven't lost anything except time. Call it a learning experience.

OR -- realize that your Explorist, even without WAAS, is a good general purpose GPS, and just go out and use it.