are perfume samples okay to put in cache

garynlyssa

add to that the fact that some of us will have bad reactions to perfumes.

i can't predict which scents will send me home for the day. most scents people wear have aired out sufficiently by the time they leave the house to make a serious difference, but those little samples are fresh enough that they could kill me.

if you've ever had to miss a day of work because somebody wore fresh perfume into your workspace, you'd prefer not to see samples in the caches you visit.

And anything that's liquid will eventually leak during the heat of summer or freeze during winter. I had the entire contents of a cache destroyed by a bottle of bubble solution.

Yep ... that happened to me too. Someone put a little bottle of bubbles (like they give out at weddings nowadays) into my cache and a local critter sniffed it out and chewed open the container (a decon) to get at them.

Are you referring to those one-inch long thin vials with the plastic lids?

4021.jpg

I have seen (er, smelled) more than one cache that was essentially ruined because somebody left one of those little perfume vials. My personal experience has been that they always leak in caches, probably due to expanding/contracting air spaces when the temperature changes. The smell permeates anything in the box, as well as the hands of anyone who touches the contents.

Dont Mosquitos like perfume and smelly stuff.... How bout a DIVERSION cache about 50 feet away from GZ with spilt perfume sugar and a human finger... so as to atract the mosquitos to the dummy CACHE so I can log my visit without needing a transfusion after the hunt...

What do you all think??? good idea huh :)

And anything that's liquid will eventually leak during the heat of summer or freeze during winter. I had the entire contents of a cache destroyed by a bottle of bubble solution.

Yep ... that happened to me too. Someone put a little bottle of bubbles (like they give out at weddings nowadays) into my cache and a local critter sniffed it out and chewed open the container (a decon) to get at them.

Oh dear... :)

I'm guilty... it didn't even cross my mind. Maybe I ought to go digging around in my logs to see if I can figure out where I left them.

My sincere apologies to anyone affected by my two wedding bubble vials.