Where can I find battery holders?

snatiep

These are great! I got 12 for AA and AAA. I put the purchase date of the batteries (rechargeable) on the box with the Ptouch. After a year or so of recharging I see which are the odest and replace them as the begin to discharge faster. I can put them in a pocket in my backpack and know that my flashlight or anything else is not going to cross the ends and discharge them. I put them in the case with the positive end to the right. Once used and I change the batteries out in a device I turn the positive end to the left. I know which ones I need to charge at a quick glance.

These are pretty nice. I've seen a few geocachers with them.

Clicked the link and got the following:

Store is permanently closed.

We've not been active in the geocaching community for some time now. The store is getting to be more trouble than it's worth so we're closing it and moving on. The stock will be put on eBay some time in the future to give another store the opportunity to offer the items to the community. Thanks to all who have patronized our store.

Depends on how many batteries you have - I found that a pill container will hold 2 AA batteries just nice - the larger ones might hold more.

I also learned the hard way to ID old batteries - once they get put in the GPS, they need to have some sort of mark on them - I dropped the two old batteries on the ground with a new one when I was changing them out. I think I mixed them up. I must learn lesson...

Old thread, common problem still.

I recently was in a 'The Bargain Shop' locally (Canadian) near here and found such a device on sale.

I don't know if they are something that can be found at will, however, TBS! Buys stuff that is 'old stock' sometimes. What is on the shelf is it. Not always junk, but sometimes it comes close. Mostly stuff that didn't or wouldn't sell elsewhere. They do have other new products as well. I do well there most times.

Anyway I picked one up to try out for a few bucks.

It is a Slimline Battery Traveler, a travel case w/battery tester. Given the price it was worth a try. Depends on how many you need to carry. So far it seems useful if overkill. 6AA + 4AAA storage.

Hope that is useful to someone.

Doug 7rxc

These are pretty nice. I've seen a few geocachers with them.

Clicked the link and got the following:

Store is permanently closed.

We've not been active in the geocaching community for some time now. The store is getting to be more trouble than it's worth so we're closing it and moving on. The stock will be put on eBay some time in the future to give another store the opportunity to offer the items to the community. Thanks to all who have patronized our store.

That sport of stuff happens when 5 year old threads are resurrected.