Palm m515

Does anyone know what the largest Memory Card is that will work with the Palm m515? Any where can I get one?

Can not find the info on the "Palm site" :wub: Preparing to go paperless (using Cachemate).

From what I understand you can use up to a 128mb card out of the box. Larger cards can be used but you will need to run this update. As far as the largest card I'm not sure.

Does anyone know what the largest Memory Card is that will work with the Palm m515? Any where can I get one?

Can not find the info on the "Palm site" :wub: Preparing to go paperless (using Cachemate).

From what I understand you can use up to a 128mb card out of the box. Larger cards can be used but you will need to run this update. As far as the largest card I'm not sure.

:wub: This is certainly a great help! I have not been able to find memory-cards below 2mb.

Also does any one know if I can replace the rechargeable battery (can find no info from Palm), or know where I can get the battery.

:wub: This is certainly a great help! I have not been able to find memory-cards below 2mb.

Also does any one know if I can replace the rechargeable battery (can find no info from Palm), or know where I can get the battery.

GOt an e-mail from one of the Groundspeak members and pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks folks. I am now PAPERLESS :wub:

GOt an e-mail from one of the Groundspeak members and pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks folks. I am now PAPERLESS :wub:

Could you post it here as I just got an m515 and was waiting to hear the battery answer.

Just a reminder that others usually want to know the answer to posts so it is appreciated if everyone posts the answers here and not just email the person.....thanks!!

Also, I see lots of them on ebay but not sure which one: 850Ahm, 1000, 1350..... (don't even know what Ahm means!) ??

You know - google exists right? with one search, I found listings for batteries, and even a you tube video showing you how to replace the battery.

1. You don't need a huge memory card for your palm M515 unless you have a lot of other apps installed, or you are running around with THOUSANDS of caches downloaded from cachemate. I have had a M515 for years and still have no extra memory in the unit. 1000 caches will generally run you under 2 MB of memory.

2. You can replace the battery - but it wil void your warranty. :yikes: I don't think these things have warranties any more.

3. For replacement batteries, instructions and the tools required: You can go here (what I did last year) Or here, they have a large selection Or you can use my Google search here and start your own quest.

4. Final notes - to open the palm's case you will need two things, a torx driver and a slim blade, like a small flat tip screw driver. Once you remove the torx screws, you will have to pry the back cover off. Also, the battery is held in place with strong glue or double sided tape. Also, when puchasing, I would go with the 850 (original) or 1000 mAh battery. Just my preference.

hope this helps.