COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

#9. The Screamin' Eagle at 6 flags, St. Louis?

Always look, never assume!

(I think I may like more intense rides than others. :( )

Look twice - save a life

No - We watched from the ferris wheel as this one stopped near the top of the first incline.hill. They had to get maintenance guys to walk up the tracks and let the people out who then had to walk down. The ride was closed for the day after that.

#9. Tony Hawk's Big Spin? o.O

(At 6 flags, St. Louis. Forgot that last time!)

Always look, never assume!

Look twice save a life

Correct - one of the twins loved this ride - it is cool with all the spinning the ride does while you are on it.

No other rides were among our favorites at 6 flags St. Louis

WOW, this slid waaay down the page, where did everyone go?? Is the latest cointest now over? if so, I could be swayed to give a few coins away! :(

Sad news though, the Nebraska event has ben canceled due to lack of planning time, it will be re-thought about come fall and we hope to hear something for spring!! Now....what on earth shall I do with my week off? I'm in road trip mode and no where to go??

I think you need to take a trip to MT, I can offer you a free place to stay!

Rolling stops kill!

Churchill Downs in Louisville?

Helmets save lives!

(and now I know I'm way too tired, for a minute I thought you were telling me to wear a helmet to bed!) :(

Hope you don't need a helmet to go to bed but your answer is correct. It was very cool.

Helmets save lives - even in bed

Lucky you! I never made it over to Churchill Downs but I love Keeneland and the Horse Park. Someday I'd also like to go to The Red Mile. :lol: Did you get to tour any of the horse farms while you were there?

Look twice, save a life

Churchill Downs in Louisville?

Helmets save lives!

(and now I know I'm way too tired, for a minute I thought you were telling me to wear a helmet to bed!) :(

Hope you don't need a helmet to go to bed but your answer is correct. It was very cool.

Helmets save lives - even in bed

Lucky you! I never made it over to Churchill Downs but I love Keeneland and the Horse Park. Someday I'd also like to go to The Red Mile. :lol: Did you get to tour any of the horse farms while you were there?

Look twice, save a life

Actually try to stay away from horses unless at the track. They are beautiful animals but I am very allergic to them up close. We got some really good pics of some when in TN for Geowoodstock and we have seen them at the farms down here in FL. Have a family member that works at a horse track.

So what is left to answer? As near as I can figure it's 1 (or is it 2?) rides and 1 attraction, is that correct?

Don't text & drive

correct - 2 rides and 1 place that we visited. Will post it at the top of next page.

Will give some hints in the am and finish this tomorrow night. If no other correct answers will pick from the names we currently have.

Don't drive distracted

Edited by seekerfamily

I have a bunch of the newly activated tokens ready to mail out so they can start their journeys in different areas. They should be going out to all who offered tomorrow. To keep their mileage accurate, I have not logged these into any local caches, you'll have to grab them from me and place them in a cache near you to start them.

Of the ones I'm starting, I will be dropping some here today and hopefully a few next week. One started yesterday when a cacher from Missoula took it but he hasn't had a chance to log it yet.

Rolling stops kill, come to a complete stop!

A lot of great rides being mentioned, I would love to visit those areas and have some fun...some day!

Sunsetmeadowlark, I would LOVE to come out and visit with you, I very much appreciate the offer! however, that's a touch too far for me to travel at this time! It is a very tempting offer, I do appreciate it!! THANK YOU!! I do plan to hit the road, I have the week off and KAboom will be gone, so I should get away and try to unwind a little...but I will likely stay in Michigan unless I see someting I just can't pass on! I was thinking maybe of heading over the bridge and hitting the UP on bike, should be interesting!

Plans are not made, I am still looking. Anything within around 1000 miles is fair game at this time though!!

Since only 2 people attempted the questions on the coins' travels etc, both will get the prize, one of our personals in the AE version! SeekerFamily, plase shoot me your addy!!

Just making sure we're all PAYING ATTENTION!!

Pay attention!!!

By the way - how many miles did you have?

We got 834442.5 miles and I think Gatoulis had over 1 million

E-mail on the way

Pay Attention!!!

Ok 3 answers left - 2 rides - name the ride and the park - not at Six Flags St. Louis

1 attraction/site that we visited.

We travelled through 10 states on our trip - Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and then back to Illinois.

We travelled through Florida, Indiana, and Illinois without stopping to sighsee except to find at least 1 cache in each state but Florida. We visited 3 Six Flags Parks total (4 total visits) - no other rides are on our list from Six Flags St. Louis.

Sorry, I posted yesterday that hints would be this morning but we have not had internet service for most of the day today.

New hints in 1 hour if no correct answers.

Pay Attention!!!

Cointest

Our first cointest - About our Roadtrip

Rules :

1. All answers must have a safety phrase - No phrase and your answer will not count even if it is correct

2. No back to back answers in less than 15 minutes. Someone else needs to post an answer between your posts or 15 minutes have elapsed between posts. If there are no other quesses, you can not answer the same question unless it is the only question left.

3. All correct answers will be placed in a hat and one of the seekerkids will pick the winner.

4. Rules may change as needed - any questions please ask.

5. You may continue to answer other questions once you have a correct answer.

6. No editing your posts.

And now for the questions

#1 - How many miles did we drive on our roadtrip?

Correct LadyBee4T - 2439 Miles

#2 - How many states did we visit and name at least 1/2 of the states? (example if you say 2 states you would only have to name 1 but if you say three you would have to name 2 of them)

Correct - LadyBee4T - 10 total states visited - Florida, Iowa, Missouri, Tennessee, Illinois and 5 others #3 - We rented a car for this roadtrip, what was the make and model?

Correct anne.and.eli - Ford Edge

#4 - How many caches did we find while travelling and how many DNFs?

Correct LadyBee4T - 26 Finds and 4 DNFs -- The kids would rather do other things.

#5 - Safety question. Since we have started reading and posting on Todies Wild Ride we have become much more aware of motorcyclists on the roads. When our trip started we were very happy to see that most riders were wearing helmets on the roads. We only saw maybe 3 or 4 riders without helmets. That changed after a few days. We were in one state and saw about 100 riders during the day. Only a small number were wearing helmets - about 10%. What state were we in?

Answered by LadyBee4T - Iowa

#6 - Our road trip was one-way. We flew back home. What city/airport did we fly from?

Correct - LadyBee4T - Chicago

#7 - What state did we find the most caches in?

Correct - LadyBee4T - Wisconsin

#8 - What did we visit/do/see during our roadtrip? There are 5 answers here, you only need to get one not all five.

a. Saw the St. Louis Arch - Answered by LadyBee4T

b.Went to an amusement park - actually we went to 5

c.Went to Winconsin Dells - 2 waterparks

d.Churchill Downs - Sunmeadowlark

e.

#9 - What rides were our favorites at the amusement parks we visited. Same as question #8 there are 3 rides we are looking for names and park name - only need to guess 1 (example Space mountain at Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom)

a.Tony Hawk's Big Spin - anne.and.eli

b.

c.

Hints - check back 8 posts

Pay Attention!!!

Ok 3 answers left - 2 rides - name the ride and the park - not at Six Flags St. Louis

1 attraction/site that we visited.

We travelled through 10 states on our trip - Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and then back to Illinois.

We travelled through Florida, Indiana, and Illinois without stopping to sighsee except to find at least 1 cache in each state but Florida. We visited 3 Six Flags Parks total (4 total visits) - no other rides are on our list from Six Flags St. Louis.

Sorry, I posted yesterday that hints would be this morning but we have not had internet service for most of the day today.

New hints in 1 hour if no correct answers.

Pay Attention!!!

Another hint - we did go to Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - twice but none of the favorite rides were there.

We stayed overnight in Iowa and in Tennessee but no sightseeing in these states. Leaves only 5 states