COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

I have been pretty busy with a few bike awareness projects, a talk with some local youths at their club in Addison MI proved fun and educatonal, I even handed out a few helmets for the needier kids! The smiles and the fun we had....these are easy to do, you can be as simple as just having a discussionary presentation or go all out and set up what we did, a course of learning with rewards for those who particpated and passed!!

What we did this time was set up an obstacle course much like you'd take for your motorcycle endorsement, we had the kids practice safe riding skills with a chance to earn a free meal at their favorite resaurant (McDonald's of course lol). Those who came without helmets were made to either go get theirs or could get a free one if we deemed them in need (6 helmets were given out all told).

I strongly recommend anyone with the ability to set up one of these events to PLEASE get involved and help out the youth!! The smiles alone made the time and expenditure worth it, knowing some kids are that much safer was just icing on the cake!! Anyone wanting more info can contact me anytime!!!

Congratulations Joe!!!! :cool:

Robert... Bravo!!! Great video!!! Excellent job!!! I witched it!

....to tell you the truth... I didn't see any, with an exeption of 1 or 2 probably from far away! I saw only one light on so... it was a bike or a car that one of its lights was off!! :unsure:

I also realised something..... some cars were going fast.... in a road like that... I do not think it is....

I think I saw something else..... a truck driver even if the lights were orange, he continued his way! Isn't that... I mean that orange light tells you to slow down and stop...not go faster to pass before the red light!! I thought that was happening only in Greece!!! :D

Hmm.... can I ask something else?? The Bingo numbers are fir a new game or for the one that is already on??

RIDE SAFELY

1) 1482 miles!

I have been pretty busy with a few bike awareness projects, a talk with some local youths at their club in Addison MI proved fun and educatonal, I even handed out a few helmets for the needier kids! The smiles and the fun we had....these are easy to do, you can be as simple as just having a discussionary presentation or go all out and set up what we did, a course of learning with rewards for those who particpated and passed!!

What we did this time was set up an obstacle course much like you'd take for your motorcycle endorsement, we had the kids practice safe riding skills with a chance to earn a free meal at their favorite resaurant (McDonald's of course lol). Those who came without helmets were made to either go get theirs or could get a free one if we deemed them in need (6 helmets were given out all told).

I strongly recommend anyone with the ability to set up one of these events to PLEASE get involved and help out the youth!! The smiles alone made the time and expenditure worth it, knowing some kids are that much safer was just icing on the cake!! Anyone wanting more info can contact me anytime!!!

great job Rod!! education is the way to go!!

Pay Attention Save a Life!!

WINNER in the Drawing... catsnfish

Let me be the first to congratulate CatsnFish!!!

#1 - How many miles did we drive on our roadtrip?

2483 miles

Your brains want you to wear a helmet

Thanks!! I like this one :unsure:

your helmet is not just a seat decoration

OK, here's the info for the latest release drive:

From today until Aug 12th 2009, we're going to push for 700 coins OR MORE, so lets make it a cointest and see who can release the most. Usyoopers have won this every time we've run it, maybe we'll see some stiff competition on this run? Coins must conform to the Todie's Wild Ride guidelines outlined in the first post of this thread please!

ALSO, a side cointest, lets get some more interest in bike awareness, lets see who can invite the most newb participants! You can gift coins, you can invite friends and anyone else, even if they must make a new account for this purpose (we're not talking making an account for an existing participant either, please play honestly here)! I want to get more people to help us spread the word, so invite someone who shows interst in a log on one of your coins, invite someone you meet at an event....invite anyone and everyone! This too will end on the 12th.

What are we playing for? Well, I do have some AE Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom personals which have not been seen by anyone save KAboom, Mike Atwell and myself! :unsure:

Remember, I will be gfting coins here as well, so there are ways to get involved in the latest push even if you can't afford a coin! Also, anyone who relases at least one coin in this latest push wil be included in a drawing for a prize edition glitter yellow Todie's Wild Ride coin!!oh, and pay attention

Edited by Rockin Roddy

who will win this cointest....the bee or the cat?

i am a little partial to cats.

watch for bicycles on the road

Yep but this bee doean't sting at all!!! :unsure:

2439 miles

Look twice and you may save a life

The BEE got it. Correct answer. Please send an e-mail. Now we got the mileage and a few states - there have some very close answers recently on the # of finds and DNFs.

Congratulations Joe!!!! :cool:

Robert... Bravo!!! Great video!!! Excellent job!!! I witched it!

....to tell you the truth... I didn't see any, with an exeption of 1 or 2 probably from far away! I saw only one light on so... it was a bike or a car that one of its lights was off!! :unsure:

I also realised something..... some cars were going fast.... in a road like that... I do not think it is....

I think I saw something else..... a truck driver even if the lights were orange, he continued his way! Isn't that... I mean that orange light tells you to slow down and stop...not go faster to pass before the red light!! I thought that was happening only in Greece!!! :D

Hmm.... can I ask something else?? The Bingo numbers are fir a new game or for the one that is already on??

RIDE SAFELY

1) 1482 miles!

Thank you for watching!! Mor important than the actual number of Motorcycles is the excercise in WATCKING and LOOKING for them. Even I find myself looking very hard in the video. In the Big Trucks, it takes so long to stop, that sometimes there is no choice, since you would end up stopped in the middle. There is a "Point of no Return" if you're already past it, then you must keep going. The Amber light is supposed to be 4 seconds before turning Red. It takes 7 seconds or more to stop the truck, so You can see that Trucks have to follow the rules of Physics. If the light turns red, I should blow the horn like a train if I cannot stop in time. For the speed...This is where a Freeway Exit turns into a Highway, I think the limit here is 50-55 Miles/Hour. Exit from Interstate 15, onto US Highway 395, in Hesperia, CA

The Bingo Numbers are for the game already running. I will not have Numbers Everyh day anymore, but just on random days

I forgot to mention, so far, 37 "LOOK TWICE" yard signs have been handed out to anyone with an interest to put it in their yards, we see them all over and this makes me very happy! Seems the word has traveled to, I had a lady from across the lake (several miles on down the road) stop in asking if I had any more available...I gave her my last one whci I hope to replace later when I can afford to pick up the next 20!

Anyone interested in a yard sign should contact their local GoldWings club safety coordinator, the signs are $5 each (or at least this is my cost, I don't know if I'm getting a discount or not so you might see a different price??).

Cointest

Our first cointest - About our Roadtrip

Rules :

1. All answers must have a safety phrase - No phrase and your answer will not count even if it is correct

2. No back to back answers in less than 15 minutes. Someone else needs to post an answer between your posts or 15 minutes have elapsed between posts. If there are no other quesses, you can not answer the same question unless it is the only question left.

3. All correct answers will be placed in a hat and one of the seekerkids will pick the winner.

4. Rules may change as needed - any questions please ask.

5. You may continue to answer other questions once you have a correct answer.

6. No editing your posts.

And now for the questions

Correct LadyBee4T - 2439 Miles

#2 - How many states did we visit and name at least 1/2 of the states? (example if you say 2 states you would only have to name 1 but if you say three you would have to name 2 of them)

#3 - We rented a car for this roadtrip, what was the make and model?

Correct anne.and.eli - Ford Edge

#4 - How many caches did we find while travelling and how many DNFs?

There will be some follow-up questions once these have been answered. Good luck and have fun.

Hints may posted depending on how people are doing.

Seekerfamily

#5 - Safety question. Since we have started reading and posting on Todies Wild Ride we have become much more aware of motorcyclists on the roads. When our trip started we were very happy to see that most riders were wearing helmets on the roads. We only saw maybe 3 or 4 riders without helmets. That changed after a few days. We were in one state and saw about 100 riders during the day. Only a small number were wearing helmets - about 10%. What state were we in?

Answered by LadyBee4T - Iowa

#6 - Our road trip was one-way. We flew back home. What city/airport did we fly from?

#7 - What state did we find the most caches in?

#8 - What did we visit/do/see during our roadtrip? There are 5 answers here, you only need to get one not all five.

#9 - This question will come once part of #8 is answered.

Have posted some hints and the answer to #5 may help with some others

No one has yet gotten the number of states correct. Lots of close guesses on the finds and DNFs, the correct answers have been posted for both finds and DNFs but not together in 1 post yet.