COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

No but you are close... it is not meat for sure! :)

How many are playing??? Where is everybody???

Lets give a hint here.... you need spoon for the food! :D

Pay attention, save a life!

I am forgeting the safety motto! Oh boy... and I want others to post it!!! :D

SgtMikal your coin is on its way to you. Sent it this afternoon with delivery confirmation. My last two coins sat at the Scarbourough sorting facility for 3 days but hopefully you will get it by te end of the week. Congratulations.

Pay Attention - Save a Life!

Awesome! Thanx so much!! I am really looking forward to seeing this one in my anxious lil' hands!

:D:):D COINTEST….COINTEST…COINTEST!!!!! :D:(:D

STAGE 1

Questions about me as a geocacher!

1) I) What does my geocaching codename means

II) What is the national Greek food???

2) I) How I found geocaching? What was the reason I found this game?

II) In which geocache I am officially maintainer? (it says my name that I am maintainer!) *** HINT*** If by the way I am going to be officially maintainer in another cache tomorrow or the next days, I will let you know and the new cache will not count!

Pay attention and wear your helmet

Pretty sure I know the answer to 2 II and I don't like it either!! LOL

You found geocaching. You collect currency and coins from Greece and international. One day while searching you found a geocoin--(I think it was Greek) mentioned on your google serach. You went further and traced this great coin down and then found geocaching.com. The rest is history....

The cache that you help with

From Lighthouse to Lighthouse

A cache by pasternak & GATOULIS GC1CF7F

In the end of the cache description "Team pasternak supported by GATOULIS"

GATOULIS is a male kitten

Fasolada (Bean Soup)

Look Twice For Bikes!

:D:):D I was sure you would find it!!! YES!!!! it is Fasolada! It is beansoup! That's the national food of Greece!

Pita, Gyros, souvlaki, tzatziki etc, are not real food! they were created as a fast meal when you were working or you were travelling, being on the road etc! It was mostly for poor people who didn't have enough money to eat in a tavern or a restaurant and of course didn't have enough time to sit and eat! It was a good and cheap fast food, with meat, to "hold" you while you were working!

My codename is male kitten! :( My girlfriend gave it to me because she loves cats! I love all animals, and of course I love cats too!!!! :D

BTW... my girlfriend read my column today!!! She found my story funny!!!

Oh... I posted in the greek foroum too, and they asked me if I want, to post the story there too!

Do I have the permission? :D

Catsnfish, you are in the final!!!!

:):D :D COINTEST….COINTEST…COINTEST!!!!! :(:D :D

STAGE 1

1) I) What does my geocaching codename means

II) What is the national Greek food???

II) In which geocache I am officially maintainer? (it says my name that I am maintainer!) *** HINT*** If by the way I am going to be officially maintainer in another cache tomorrow or the next days, I will let you know and the new cache will not count!

Pretty sure I know the answer to 2 II and I don't like it either!! LOL

You found geocaching. You collect currency and coins from Greece and international. One day while searching you found a geocoin--(I think it was Greek) mentioned on your google serach. You went further and traced this great coin down and then found geocaching.com. The rest is history....

From Lighthouse to Lighthouse

A cache by pasternak & GATOULIS GC1CF7F

In the end of the cache description "Team pasternak supported by GATOULIS"

You are so close!!!! The cache you mention says supported...not maintained!!! :D

Ok, I admit that unofficially I maintain all or almost all caches in my island! but only one says in the place where the maintance is.... that I have agreed to maintain the cache.....

Pay attention save a life!

Little Green Tree

A cache by Elja & Sara GCKZ44

Small note on cache maintenance: local geocacher Gatoulis has graciously agreed to help with maintenance if needed.

Yes!!!!!! :)

I collect coins, banknotes (local currencies too), medals, phonecards, militaria, antiques... I love fossils, etc! My sister calls me crazy archeologist! :D

Well.. I am trying to collect at least one banknote from every country now, and I also try to collect the greek coins and notes! One day I saw the first greek geocoin and I had to know more about it!!! I searched and I found this game! It was like the treausure hunt I loved to play when I was a child! So... here I am!!!! :D

In the lighthouse cache, it seems that I am half owner... :( The little green tree was in a bad condition when I first found it! I contact with the owner, I fixed the cache and I agreed to help!

LadyBee... you are in the finals!!! :D

Stage one is completed! all questions were answered! I hope it was not so difficult!!!

hmm... shall I post stage 2 now or tomorrow??? :D

Thanks Nikos!

If there are several still around playing then go for it now but if some have signed off then wait until you see more people signed in. JMHO

Pay attention, safe a life!

Hmm.. yes! Not many are here now!!!

Was I helping a lot in stage 1??? :D

I did it so all of you get to know how the game is going to be! The other stages...... :)

Edited by GATOULIS

GATOULIS is a male kitten

Fasolada (Bean Soup)

Look Twice For Bikes!

:D:):D I was sure you would find it!!! YES!!!! it is Fasolada! It is beansoup! That's the national food of Greece!

Pita, Gyros, souvlaki, tzatziki etc, are not real food! they were created as a fast meal when you were working or you were travelling, being on the road etc! It was mostly for poor people who didn't have enough money to eat in a tavern or a restaurant and of course didn't have enough time to sit and eat! It was a good and cheap fast food, with meat, to "hold" you while you were working!

My codename is male kitten! :D My girlfriend gave it to me because she loves cats! I love all animals, and of course I love cats too!!!! :D

BTW... my girlfriend read my column today!!! She found my story funny!!!

Oh... I posted in the greek foroum too, and they asked me if I want, to post the story there too!

Do I have the permission? :D

Catsnfish, you are in the final!!!!

is it any surprise I would get a food answer correctly? :( I'd prefer souvlaki any day :D

yes, go ahead and post a link to the story and let everyone know that if they want to write, we will publish it!

in Greek, English or both!

Thank you my friend! They already read the story and liked it a lot! so the magazine probably had their first Greek readers!! :D

I'd like to read it so post the link!!

Pay attention, save a life

Gatoulis story is written in both Greek and English, the English follows the Greek

Μυρωδάτη....Περιπέτεια σε Αναζήτηση Γεοκρύπτης!!!

Feel free to read the rest of the magazine and Rod's stories too. It is free!!

Practicing Safety is the Same in Any Language!

Edited by catsnfish

The magazine is the Online geocacher magazine!

My story is this one: http://onlinegeocacher.com/articles/Smelli...,24,09,10,05,43

you probably know the story! I had posted it a long time ago in a cointest! First you will see the greek version and under it its the English one! The Greek one has more detailes but... :D

The photo was taken that day! if you see clearly you will see the people siting and eating (in the middle of the church....)

It is so great to wrtie about your adventures and other can read them! If you haven't write anything there, give it a try! You will see! :)

you can also read other stories too! Rod is writing there! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

Have a good evening??? WOW this time difference is....

...before you go to be.... so you have night........??? :D

Well, here it is 3 in the morning so I have to salute everyone!!!

My dear friend, I hope I will meet you too! Well.. you never know how life is! I might come to USA or you may come to Rhodes! :)

Good night to all and I hope to see you in stage 2!!! :D

Pay attention, save a life!!!

I like that tag Sunset, nice one!

I had a dirty secret up until just last week and I hid it pretty well...I bet no one here would have guessed that I...well, I'll keep the secret a bit longer...

G'night Nikos!!

Oh, that is so not fair!

Rod, send me your address again and I'll send you one of the lion tags

Thank you my friend! They already read the story and liked it a lot! so the magazine probably had their first Greek readers!! :D

I'd like to read it so post the link!!

Gatoulis story is written in both Greek and English, the English follows the Greek

Μυρωδάτη....Περιπέτεια σε Αναζήτηση Γεοκρύπτης!!!

Feel free to read the rest of the magazine and Rod's stories too. It is free!!

Practicing Safety is the Same in Any Language!

YEAH! Bookmark it...and, I think there's a way to get notifications of new stories!! I'm working on one right now!

The magazine is the Online geocacher magazine!

My story is this one: http://onlinegeocacher.com/articles/Smelli...,24,09,10,05,43

you probably know the story! I had posted it a long time ago in a cointest! First you will see the greek version and under it its the English one! The Greek one has more detailes but... :)

The photo was taken that day! if you see clearly you will see the people siting and eating (in the middle of the church....)

It is so great to wrtie about your adventures and other can read them! If you haven't write anything there, give it a try! You will see! :D

you can also read other stories too! Rod is writing there! :D

Thanks for the link. I do remember that story! :D

Yep, voices... lots and lots of voices! I tends to happen after spending a combined total of over 11 hours searching for one cache. Nah, I'm not nuts!

Pay Attention - save a life!

Wow! 11 hours? And I thought 90 minutes at one time was excessive!!

G'nite all!

Yep, voices... lots and lots of voices! I tends to happen after spending a combined total of over 11 hours searching for one cache. Nah, I'm not nuts!

Pay Attention - save a life!

Wow! 11 hours? And I thought 90 minutes at one time was excessive!!

G'nite all!

I sure hope that the 11 hours wasn't all in one day!!

LOL! The 11 hours was spread out over 7 days and 8 or 9 visits. Our longest stretch at once was 2 1/2 or 3 hours, shortest was about 15 minutes. It was an incredibly hard 5/1.5 that stumped something like 15 people in the first 3 days. Most of us literally had our hands on it several times and never knew it.

Good luck with your logging LB! I got behind on 800 caches once. Took me 3 days to get caught up so now I make sure to log every day!

I have been logging all evening and still have over 40 more to log including the LHD event. :D I don't want to ever get this far behind again. Nite all I think its time for bed

One thing I truly LOVE about the PN-40, it keeps track of your finds or DNFs and uploads them to the field notes so all you have to do is go on and complete the logs! Can't forget which was found or at what time or what order, this is all kept track of for you and you can't lose your notes since they're aren't any needed!!

GOOD MORNING ALL!! In a better mood this AM even though it's cloudy outside, KAboom gave the GO on a weekend camping event in Newaygo on the 20th...pig roast, night cache and KAYAK CACHE!!! Camping is rustic, but cheap, so we can afford this one, and it's only 120 or so miles from us?? YIPPEEEEE! Top that off with that being my off weekend, NICE!! I feel a new story coming on for my column!!! :)

Lights On For Safety!!!!

rubber duckie, your the one.

you make bathtime lots of fun.

rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you!!!!!!!

We'll be sure to pack a few rubber duckies as well LOL, the lake this park (and kayak cache) are on is 6 miles in size....YEOW!!! Sounds like a full day to be spent just on the water?? Should be a GREAT time for us! I need something like this to recharge my drained batteries!

I think we've reached the number of PAY ATTENTION posts, I'll tally these up after I get out of work (and golf league) tonight...before the RED WINGS game!

Drive Safe!!!!

Rod,

you got me watching the wings too!!!!

I absolutly LOVED the

"Pig Pile In The Net"" The other night. LOL!!

I thought That they were gonna plow the ref into the glass!!!!!!!!!

Hey,

What are they chanting, I can't make it out.

Opalsns

Good Morn be on ya, SM and the Jr.s 1 +2

Did you read Rod's stories!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah!!!!!

Pay Attention, Save a Life!!!

Opalsns

I saw the first story, but can't find the link again to look for the others. Can you put the link here so that I can bookmark it?

Pay Attention - Save a Life (some habits are hard to break, huh?)

Good Morn be on ya, SM and the Jr.s 1 +2

Did you read Rod's stories!!!!!!!

Oh Yeah!!!!!

Pay Attention, Save a Life!!!

Opalsns

I saw the first story, but can't find the link again to look for the others. Can you put the link here so that I can bookmark it?

Pay Attention - Save a Life (some habits are hard to break, huh?)

http://onlinegeocacher.com/ My stories are in the columns section under "Roddy's World"...lol

Drive Right.

Just Click on "Roddy's World" at the top of the page and it brings you to the list.

Woops, I'm wrong,

All the links, even the pic links are stories.

It was my COMPUTER that got lost, SHEESH!!!!

santababy, i'vebeenaverygoodgirl,santabay,bringacomputer