COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Just wanted to say the word is getting out about biking safety thanks to this idea. In the last few weeks and I don't know why I have encountered about three of these geocoins (travelers) either in person, by scrolling through geocache descriptions of various geocaches I am planning to visit or otherwise, including one retrieved from Driver's Rest T.B. Motel near Detroit Metro airport. This campaign applies worldwide and is critical to raising awareness. I wish it much success. As a professional driver we can all heighten our driving skills. I know my skill level has improved as a professional driver from what it was at one time; and like most people I always considered myself to be a good driver. Now I am an even better driver.

:laughing:

Chartmaker

By the way, my 300th trackable logged was the Todie's Wild Ride (Army Man 4) geocoin owned by usyoopers which was found at Driver's Rest T.B. Motel outside Detroit Metro Airport. Incidentally, I drive a vehicle larger than most cars and in the past year have almost been sideswiped at least three times by people in cars. Look ahead, look to the side and look behind. Use the mirrors but most important when windows (or no windows in the case of motorcycles) do a shoulder check; i.e.: look over the shoulder before changing lanes - and keep space all around you whenever possible, even if it means slowing down or changing lanes and on occasion even speeding up - especially so you are not riding beside a tractor trailer with large blind spots.

By the way, my 300th trackable logged was the Todie's Wild Ride (Army Man 4) geocoin owned by usyoopers which was found at Driver's Rest T.B. Motel outside Detroit Metro Airport. Incidentally, I drive a vehicle larger than most cars and in the past year have almost been sideswiped at least three times by people in cars. Look ahead, look to the side and look behind. Use the mirrors but most important when windows (or no windows in the case of motorcycles) do a shoulder check; i.e.: look over the shoulder before changing lanes - and keep space all around you whenever possible, even if it means slowing down or changing lanes and on occasion even speeding up - especially so you are not riding beside a tractor trailer with large blind spots.

I very much appreciated your log on the last coin you moved, THANK YOU!! Reading it this morning, it really made me smile! Here's the log:

Log Date: 3/11/2009

What a unique idea for spreading a message concerning motorcycle safety. I took the time to read the message and even as a non-motorcyclist it contains very useful information. As a professional driver it is always amazing what I see on the road. Unfortunately not all drivers know as much as they should to maintain highway safety while driving. For those reasons it is necessary to always look well ahead, keep space ahead and try to always have an escape route. The same applies to all vehicles on the road; and don't tailgate - I can't see you if you can't see my side mirrors. Thanks for sharing this unique geocoin and the safety information. I am certain it may save some unknown person's life. A life has been saved today thanks to this geocoin; we just don't know about it because a non-accident does not get reported in the news. Well Done!

It's GREAT to know the message is getting around, we really enjoy seeing the logs and reading of the experiences people have had! You'll never realize just how happy this has made me, bike awareness, driving safely is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE to me, you could say this project is all that keeps me going some days!!

Keep up the safe driving, my friend, THANK YOU! Also, if you'd lke to enter the race, we've room for one more (or 100 more, or 1000 more or.....)!!

Drive safe,

WSR you should have recieved your Cachin' Crow coin by now, it's been a month, did you?

And Roddy, Have you recieved the coins I sent for your event ?

Opalsns

Yes, I did get that. Thank you so much. It was in my mailbox in SLC when I stopped there for a few days last weekend! I can't remember if I sent out prizes to you yet, but if they don't arrive soon, I'll be working on another batch.

Woo Hoo! Work is a little slow lately, but they just put me on a load that is over 1700 miles...I'm off to work, and will be on the road until the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully I'll have tons of answers to check by the time I stop?? Here's another question...What state are the sending me to??

I don't know, but it sounds like you could be coming close to me (if you come up north that is)...if so, I'm not doing much in the morning! :laughing: ooops, scratch that...I'm having lunch with Sally (geopigs).

Edited by Rockin Roddy