COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Ok Folks,

You know the rules of play on this thread ....

Answer all questions in one post.

no back to back untill 15 mins

No editing

Safety Slogan

And NO Copying and Pasting of someone elses post!!!!!! I hate That!!

1. Who developed the first motorcycle helmet to absorb shock ? I know this one, so I'll withhold the info

2. What did he do in 1953 ? Yep, this one too!!

3.The inner layer of padding absorbed shock. What did the outer layer do ? Hold the inner layer together

4.What's a Rubie ? A red gem? :blink:

5 What 2 things does every safe helmet have ? A rider inside and a shell outside? :blink:

6. What was introduced in 1966 ? Wasn't me, I was born in 1965 :P

7. Which country sets the best example of Motorcycle Safety ? Switzerland?

8. When was the first Facial Helmet introduced ?

9. What is the one and only injury I got, while riding a motorcycle ? Broke an ankle

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? No idea here!!

GOOD LUCK !!!

Well... I can only guess... but I will give a try!

1) professor C.F."Red" Lombard

2) He applied for a patent for his helmet

3) The outer layer of padding not only absorbed, but it spreads out the energy created by impact

4) Rubies: A sector of motorcyclists (Rich Urban bikers) who (as I understood - but Imay be wrong) actually believe in that: As people get older, they feel a stronger need for freedom, which includes the freedom to ride their motorcycles without a helmet! Well....

5) Snell sticker and Dot approved sticker

6) In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet.

7) Canada

8) 1967

9) You broke your ankle? Hey that's not a copy! :blink:

10) Honda 1985 Nighthawk ???

Ride safely!

Roddy,

You silly, silly man!!!!

Careful, someone will copy your answers. LOL!!!!!!!!

Hey Rod, Where is that SAFETY SLOGAN??????

Don't make me stop the bus!!!!!!!!!

I would ask the same...I copied your post! :blink::blink::P What, my answers weren't close?? I'll have to go back to checking the info!! :D

No, but really....

STOP YAKKING AND START DRIVING!!!!!

Roddy,

You silly, silly man!!!!

Careful, someone will copy your answers. LOL!!!!!!!!

Hey Rod, Where is that SAFETY SLOGAN??????

Don't make me stop the bus!!!!!!!!!

I would ask the same...I copied your post! :blink::blink::P What, my answers weren't close?? I'll have to go back to checking the info!! :D

No, but really....

STOP YAKKING AND START DRIVING!!!!!

DON"T MAKE ME STOP THE BUS ! is my safety slogan, LOLOLOL!!!!!! :D

1. Professor C.F. “Red” Lombard

2. In 1953, Mr. Lombard applied for a patent for his helmet.

3. Spread out the energy created by impact.

4. rich urban biker

5. Snell sticker in it. DOT-approved sticker inside.

6. the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets

7. Canada

8. 1867

9. A broken finger.

10. A '98 Harley Davidson Fat boy

Chance takers are accident makers! Drive safely.

1. Who developed the first motorcycle helmet to absorb shock ? Professor C.F. “Red” Lombard

2. What did he do in 1953 ? In 1953, Mr. Lombard applied for a patent for his helmet.

3.The inner layer of padding absorbed shock. What did the outer layer do ? it has to do with the shell spreading the load so that the liner can absorb the energy.

4.What's a Rubie ? Another sector of motorcyclists is increasing in number – what’s known as “Rubies” (rich urban bikers). This category of riders also has an increasing number of motorcycle fatalities. As people get older, they feel a stronger need for freedom, which includes the freedom to ride their motorcycles without a helmet. Again, the results speak for themselves – no helmets, more deaths.

5 What 2 things does every safe helmet have ? Snell and DOT STicker

6. What was introduced in 1966 ? Then the safety agencies really got into the act. In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet. The following year, the U.S. federal government introduced the Highway Safety Act of 1966 that required states to have mandatory helmet laws if they wanted to receive federal funds for highway maintenance and construction. This plan had its desired effect – by 1975, 47 states had complied

7. Which country sets the best example of Motorcycle Safety ? Netherlands

8. When was the first Facial Helmet introduced ? 1967

9. What is the one and only injury I got, while riding a motorcycle ? Severly burned leg on muffler

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1973 Honda CB100

Watch those Mirrors

4. rich urban biker

7. Canada

8. 1867

9. A bruised ego from severe helmet hair.

10. A '06 Kawasaki Ninja

1. Sir Hugh William Bell Cairns

2. He died in 1952, SO NOTHING

3. Spread out the energy created by impact

4. rich urban biker

5. Snell sticker in it. DOT-approved sticker inside

7. Canada

8. 1967

9 broke your leg

10 1994 Harley davidsom Road king

4. rich urban biker

7. Canada

8. 1867

9. A bruised elbow.

10. A '98 Harley Davidson Fat boy

1. prof. lombard

2. made first helmet

3. preveny penetration by objects and provide support to the inner foam

4. ? rich urban biker

5. a dot and snell sticker

6. highway safety act --started requiring all states to mandate helmet for motorcycles.

7. austrailia

8. 1968

9. you broke your wrist

10. 1988 honda

ride awake not drowsy

Well... I can only guess... but I will give a try!

1) professor C.F."Red" Lombard .... YES

2) He applied for a patent for his helmet .... YES

3) The outer layer of padding not only absorbed, but it spreads out the energy created by impact ... YES

4) Rubies: A sector of motorcyclists (Rich Urban bikers) who (as I understood - but Imay be wrong) actually believe in that: As people get older, they feel a stronger need for freedom, which includes the freedom to ride their motorcycles without a helmet! ... YES

5) Snell sticker and Dot approved sticker .....YES

6) In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet. .... YES

7) Canada .....YES

8) 1967 ....YES

9) You broke your ankle? Hey that's not a copy! :blink: ....NO

10) Honda 1985 Nighthawk ??? ..NO

Ride safely!

1. Who developed the first motorcycle helmet to absorb shock ? Professor C.F. “Red” Lombard

2. What did he do in 1953 ? In 1953, Mr. Lombard applied for a patent for his helmet.

3.The inner layer of padding absorbed shock. What did the outer layer do ? it has to do with the shell spreading the load so that the liner can absorb the energy.

4.What's a Rubie ? Another sector of motorcyclists is increasing in number – what’s known as “Rubies” (rich urban bikers). This category of riders also has an increasing number of motorcycle fatalities. As people get older, they feel a stronger need for freedom, which includes the freedom to ride their motorcycles without a helmet. Again, the results speak for themselves – no helmets, more deaths.

6. What was introduced in 1966 ? Then the safety agencies really got into the act. In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet. The following year, the U.S. federal government introduced the Highway Safety Act of 1966 that required states to have mandatory helmet laws if they wanted to receive federal funds for highway maintenance and construction. This plan had its desired effect – by 1975, 47 states had complied

9. What is the one and only injury I got, while riding a motorcycle ?Severly burned leg on muffler ...YES

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1973 Honda CB100

Watch those Mirrors

Is there a Winner yet? I just cvame home from my volley trainning!

In case there is no winner yet, I will give a try again!

3) The outer layer of padding not only absorbed, but it spreads out the energy created by impact

4) Rubies: A sector of motorcyclists (Rich Urban bikers) who (as I understood - but Imay be wrong) actually believe in that: As people get older, they feel a stronger need for freedom, which includes the freedom to ride their motorcycles without a helmet! Well....

6) In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet.

7) Canada

8) 1967

9) you burned your leg on the muffler

10) Honda CB 100, 1972

Ride safely!

1. Who developed the first motorcycle helmet to absorb shock ? The first motorcycle helmet was invented by Prof. Charles F. Lombard who developed a unique energy absorbing helmet for the United States Air Force. So, the first motorcycle helmet was not designed as a motorcycle helmet but it was rather designed for aviation. Dr. Lombard patented his unique invention which was applied not only to aviation but also automobile racing, motorcycles, hockey, etc…

3.The inner layer of padding absorbed shock. What did the outer layer do ? Along with the layer of comfort padding in a helmet, this helmet also had another outer layer of padding that not only absorbed, but spread out the energy created by impact.

4.What's a Rubie ? Rich Urban Biker. A term usually used by real Harley Bikers to describe the weekend wannabe accountant types who buy a Harley ''cause they can and the status of it, but couldn't tell a camshaft from a brake pad. Bikers that ride with more money than knowledge, experience, and ""street saavy"".

5 What 2 things does every safe helmet have ? Helmets that meet FMVSS 218 must have a sticker on the outside back of the helmet with the letters DOT, placed there certifying that the helmet meets or exceeds FMVSS 218. In addition to the DOT sticker, a label located inside the helmet showing that a helmet meets the standards of a private organization like Snell is a good indicator that the helmet meets the federal safety standard.

6. What was introduced in 1966 ? In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet. The following year, the U.S. federal government introduced the Highway Safety Act of 1966 that required states to have mandatory helmet laws if they wanted to receive federal funds for highway maintenance and construction. This plan had its desired effect – by 1975, 47 states had complied.

7. Which country sets the best example of Motorcycle Safety ? Canada

8. When was the first Facial Helmet introduced ? In 1967, the first full facial helmet was introduced, providing improved vision.

9. What is the one and only injury I got, while riding a motorcycle ? Burned leg on muffler

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1974 Honda 350

Wear an approved helmet

(disclaimer these are my own answers copied and pasted from http://www.thehistoryof.net/the-history-of...le-helmets.html :blink:)

Well I guess its more than 15 minutes so I an guess again....

1. Who developed the first motorcycle helmet to absorb shock ? The first motorcycle helmet was invented by Prof. Charles F. Lombard who developed a unique energy absorbing helmet for the United States Air Force. So, the first motorcycle helmet was not designed as a motorcycle helmet but it was rather designed for aviation. Dr. Lombard patented his unique invention which was applied not only to aviation but also automobile racing, motorcycles, hockey, etc…

3.The inner layer of padding absorbed shock. What did the outer layer do ? Along with the layer of comfort padding in a helmet, this helmet also had another outer layer of padding that not only absorbed, but spread out the energy created by impact.

4.What's a Rubie ? Rich Urban Biker. A term usually used by real Harley Bikers to describe the weekend wannabe accountant types who buy a Harley ''cause they can and the status of it, but couldn't tell a camshaft from a brake pad. Bikers that ride with more money than knowledge, experience, and ""street saavy"".

5 What 2 things does every safe helmet have ? Helmets that meet FMVSS 218 must have a sticker on the outside back of the helmet with the letters DOT, placed there certifying that the helmet meets or exceeds FMVSS 218. In addition to the DOT sticker, a label located inside the helmet showing that a helmet meets the standards of a private organization like Snell is a good indicator that the helmet meets the federal safety standard.

6. What was introduced in 1966 ? In 1966, the American National Safety Standard for Motorcycle Helmets was introduced, requiring performance standards for helmets that manufacturers were obligated to meet. The following year, the U.S. federal government introduced the Highway Safety Act of 1966 that required states to have mandatory helmet laws if they wanted to receive federal funds for highway maintenance and construction. This plan had its desired effect – by 1975, 47 states had complied.

8. When was the first Facial Helmet introduced ? In 1967, the first full facial helmet was introduced, providing improved vision.

9. What is the one and only injury I got, while riding a motorcycle ? Burned leg on muffler

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1975 Honda CB400

Wear an approved helmet that fits well!!!

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) Honda CB 100, 1971

Ride safely!

4) Rubies: A sector of motorcyclists (Rich Urban bikers)

7) Canada

8) 1967

9) burned your leg on the muffler..OUCH

10) 1972 Kawasaki 750

Helmets save lives, Wear one!!

Well I guess its more than 15 minutes so I an guess again....

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1974 Honda CB750

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1972 Kawasaki 750

1-9 correct # 10 very close CeDo !!!!!

9. What is the one and only injury I got, while riding a motorcycle ? Severly burned leg on muffler

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? Honda Mini bike 50 1970

No matter How uncool it is WEAR YOUR HELMET

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1974 Kawasaki 750

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? Kawasaki 650 1977

WEAR IT OR ELSE YOUR HELMET OF CORSE

4) Rubies: A sector of motorcyclists (Rich Urban bikers) Bikers that ride with more money than knowledge

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1972 Harley Davivson Electra-Glide

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1974 kawasaki 750

4) Rubies: A sector of motorcyclists (Rich Urban bikers) Bikers that ride with more money than knowledge

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1974 Harley Davivson Sportster

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) Kawasaki 750, 1976

Ride safely!

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? Kawasaki 650 1976

Don’t be a fool Be cool Wear your Helmet

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 197 Kawasaki KZ400

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) Honda 750 Shadow 1981

Ride safely!

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1973 kawasaki 350

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1979 Harley Davivson Electra-Glide

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1973 Harley Davivson super-Glide

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1975 honda cb450

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? Yamaha 70 1974

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? 1973 Honda cb500

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? Yamaha 750 1974

10. What was KD1EJ's first motorcycle ? Year, Make and model? Kawasaki 250 1974

7) Canada

8) 1967

10) 1975 Yamaha xs500