COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

1) What year did we buy the golf course?

Drive as if a life depended on it!!!!!!

That Should be it on guesses.

The Course was built in 1970 and Willie Nelson was there around 1990 when Roddy's family owned it. 1970 - 1990 have been covered!!!!!

you bought the court in 1980!

Ride safely!

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

We went into a "training" season in 1979 to see if we could handle it, and we signed papers in 1980! Back then, the economy was bad, but not as bad as it is now, and the course cost us something like $600K (I think). The first years, my dad kept his job at the factory AND worked on the golf course!

Send an email to Robert to go in his file!! CONGRATS!!

5) What was the most dangerous visit, how did it end up?

Plane Crashed, Everyone was OK.

Lights On For Safety!!

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

Several years back, we had a small prototype plane make a crash landing, the pilot was the only one in the plane and he survived without injury...luckily! With all the room we have out there, and all the well groomed fairways, you'd think this guy could hit an open area and make a smooth landing, but nooooooo. He overshoots the fairway, skids across the green and went right through 2 cable fences before coming to a rest on the other ide of the driveway!! The cable fences were head high on his mini plane, they nearly decapitated him!

The guy died two years later in another crash!

You won a car.

Look twice - save a life!

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

The tournament was a big one for us, we'd seen some big one, but this was by far the biggest! 2 flights with 36 teams per flight (4 person teams), it had been sponsored by our local Ford dealer as well as a few other businesses! Ford brought a new 1992 (I think was the year, could be wrong though) Mercury Capri (looked like a Mustang...sort of) and parked it right beside the tee!

After my ball went in, I jumped in the car and drove it all across the course, honking the horn and jamming the stereo. We had to let a few groups play through because my brother and I were all over the place and too excited to continue!!

You won a car.

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

The tournament was a big one for us, we'd seen some big one, but this was by far the biggest! 2 flights with 36 teams per flight (4 person teams), it had been sponsored by our local Ford dealer as well as a few other businesses! Ford brought a new 1992 (I think was the year, could be wrong though) Mercury Capri (looked like a Mustang...sort of) and parked it right beside the tee!

After my ball went in, I jumped in the car and drove it all across the course, honking the horn and jamming the stereo. We had to let a few groups play through because my brother and I were all over the place and too excited to continue!!

You won a car.

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

Sweet! Thanx, so much!

As I have not been on the forums as much lately, I am not sure of the procedure for this one. I saw you telling some others about sending an email for the file. Could you fill me in on what I need to do? Thanx again!

You won a car.

WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!

Sweet! Thanx, so much!

As I have not been on the forums as much lately, I am not sure of the procedure for this one. I saw you telling some others about sending an email for the file. Could you fill me in on what I need to do? Thanx again!

Yep, sorry! You'll send an email to Write Shop Robert who will then put you in the drawing for a special coin!! Email him through his profile!! This goes for everyone who's answered a question in this round!! I believe there were 13 questions??

You were 15 when your family bought the course???

Look Twice for bikes and other vehicles

15 it is!!! I was born in 1965, we bought the course in the spring of 1980! CONGRATS!!! Send an entry to Robert, my friend!

You were 15 and still made varsity!!!?????? Wow! LOL Thanks for the cointests! I learned a lot about your course and how young you are :D

Congratulations to all the winners of the cointests so far. Now if I could only figure out that puzzle

You were 15 when your family bought the course???

Look Twice for bikes and other vehicles

15 it is!!! I was born in 1965, we bought the course in the spring of 1980! CONGRATS!!! Send an entry to Robert, my friend!

You were 15 and still made varsity!!!?????? Wow! LOL Thanks for the cointests! I learned a lot about your course and how young you are :D

Congratulations to all the winners of the cointests so far. Now if I could only figure out that puzzle

Well, really, I started when I was 14...when we were training. I just picked up the clubs and started hitting the ball around until a golf coach happened to see me, then I suddenly had new clubs and a coach who taught me a lot (as well as both my brothers lol). School came around and I saw golf as a way to get out of class early (we'd get to leave an hour early for matches), so I signed up and was surprised I made Varsity the first year I ever golfed. This might tell you of our team, btw!

My senior year, I was now teaching all the other golfers, my school coach had me lined up for college and I offers. I could outdrive my school coach with my PUTTER lol (true story), and the course we played on offered me chances at driving many of the greens (not that it was overly short, I could just pound the ball). We entered a tri-county tourney my senior year and I medaled and we won the only trophy our school had ever or has ever won in golf! I then made all state and went on to win regionals that year (which happened to be played at our course lolol).

Did I go to college and learn something?? NOPE! I was so certain my life was made, I stayed working at the course....if only I knew then what I know now! I can still remember my school coach trying to talk me into college too, with the scout right beside him...D'OH! He told me of golf pros making a million in a single tourney...yeah, I was already winning hundreds each week (stupid stupid stupid).

Not bad for never golfing before that!!

Oh, and as for the age thing....I'm not nearly as old as my grey beard and hair would lead you to believe...just a hard life!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

All my questions have been answered!! That was fun strolling down memory lane, amybe we'll do it again soon!!!

Yours are all done but aren't we still working on Robert's coordinates puzzle? Or should I stop now and keep my hair/

NO NO, if Robert still has anything left to solve, please keep on!!! I just wanted everyone to know mine were done!

In relation to my trip, what is unique about the following location??

N 31* 11.818

W 105*26.787

That's where the time zone changes giving you an extra hour on your

"time on the road" which gives you time to get to the next stop before taking the Mandetory break.

Lights On For Safety !!!!!