COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

I'll take some time and enter this contest shortly.

Meanwhile,

I was looking at some of my coins the other day and have one very special one that related to the intial post here.

Does anyone remember the "Bikedog" coin?

I'm not a motorcyclist, but a road cyclist (mountain actually), and I really like the initial post in this thread. We need to remember that there are bikes on the roads and pathways when we are out there. We actually need more bikes on the road!

Sadly, there are many folks that will be missing a loved one this holiday because of this lack of awareness.

So, I'm going to send off a few coins as the initial post of this thread suggests and even send out another for "Bikedog". Never knew him or met him, but his coin is a special one to me.

Ok you meant survived as he liked them the best. I thought you meant survived as they would have been left over because he wouldn't eat them! LOL

1--Sugar cookies

2--Neapolitan Cookies

3--Classic Lace Cookies--these would have survived

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classic Lace Cookies

2 ounces almonds (to yield 1/2 cup ground almonds)

5 tablespoons unsalted butter

1/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar

2 tablespoons granulated sugar

2 tablespoons light corn syrup

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

Pinch salt

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Position two oven racks in the middle and upper third of your oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with non-stick liners (Silpad type), or with parchment paper. NOTE: I recommend that you use the non-stick lines as nothing sticks to them.

In a food processor, grind almonds finely; measure out 1/2 cup and set aside.

In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and corn syrup until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, stirring often. Increase the heat to medium high and, stirring constantly, bring the mixture JUST to a boil. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and stir in the flour and salt until incorporated. Stir in the ground almonds and vanilla extract.

Drop the batter by the teaspoon, 3 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets (about 1/2 dozen cookies per baking sheet). Prepare all your pans of cookies at this time even though you are only going to bake 1 or 2 sheets at a time.

Bake the cookies until evenly light brown, approximately 8 to 10 minutes until the cookies spread, become thin, and take on a deep golden color. After 5 minutes into the baking time, switch the baking sheets from top to bottom and back to front to promote even baking. The cookies won't begin to spread until approximately 6 minutes into the baking time.

Line cooling racks with plastic wrap. When cookies are done baking, remove the cookies from the oven and, as soon as they're firm enough to lift off the baking sheet (which will take just a few minutes), use a wide spatula to transfer them to the prepared baking cooling racks to cool completely. Allowing the cookies to cool slightly on the baking sheet will also cause them to flatten out more. NOTE: If the cookies become too cold and hard to remove from the baking sheet without shattering them, replace the pan in the oven to soften the cookies again.

Bake the remaining cookies; the batter will have firmed up a bit, but that is fine.

Store the flat cookies between sheets of parchment or wax paper in a tin or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid.

Makes approximately 25 to 30 cookies.

Stained Glass Window Cookies

1 stick butter

1 (12oz) package chocolate chips

1 (12oz) package colored miniature marshmallows

1 cup chopped walnuts

7 oz grated coconut

Heat butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Put marshmallows and nuts in a large bowl; stir in chocolate.

Tear five 9-inch sheets of waxed paper and sprinkle each generously with coconut. Divide dough into fifths and place each fifth on a sheet of waxed paper. Roll tightly into 2-inch diameter logs and refrigerate overnight. Before serving, unwrap from waxed paper and cut into 1/2 slices.

easy to do, no baking and ever so sweet!

Ok you meant survived as he liked them the best. I thought you meant survived as they would have been left over because he wouldn't eat them! LOL

I think it does mean survived as in he wouldn't eat them. Hmmm, now I really wonder.

1. Sugar Cookies

2. Butterballs - survivor

3. Mexican Wedding Cake

1--Sugar cookies

2--Lemon Cookies

3--Molasses Sugar cookies--these would have survived

1 1/2 cups shortening

2 cups white sugar

1/2 cup molasses

2 eggs

4 cups all-purpose flour

4 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

Melt the shortening in a large pan on the stove, and cool.

Add sugar, eggs, and molasses, beat well.

In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and add to the pan. Mix well and chill 3 hours or overnight.

Form into walnut-size balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes.

Store in an airtight container to keep from getting overly crisp. If they do lose their softness, an easy way to restore it is to place one slice of fresh bread in the container with the cookies for a couple of hours or overnight and they will be soft again!

I don't know if these are technically a cookie, but they are DELICIOUS!

Buckeye Balls

151306.jpg

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

* 1/2 cup butter, softened

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

* 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

* 2 tablespoons shortening

DIRECTIONS

1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.

3. Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.

4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.

I don't know if these are technically a cookie, but they are DELICIOUS!

Buckeye Balls

151306.jpg

INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

* 1/2 cup butter, softened

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar

* 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips

* 2 tablespoons shortening

DIRECTIONS

1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar with hands to form a smooth stiff dough. Shape into balls using 2 teaspoons of dough for each ball. Place on prepared pan, and refrigerate.

3. Melt shortening and chocolate together in a metal bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water. Stir occasionally until smooth, and remove from heat.

4. Remove balls from refrigerator. Insert a wooden toothpick into a ball, and dip into melted chocolate. Return to wax paper, chocolate side down, and remove toothpick. Repeat with remaining balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set.

I've wanted to get this recipe for some time, THANKS for posting it!!

I'll take some time and enter this contest shortly.

Meanwhile,

I was looking at some of my coins the other day and have one very special one that related to the intial post here.

Does anyone remember the "Bikedog" coin?

I'm not a motorcyclist, but a road cyclist (mountain actually), and I really like the initial post in this thread. We need to remember that there are bikes on the roads and pathways when we are out there. We actually need more bikes on the road!

Sadly, there are many folks that will be missing a loved one this holiday because of this lack of awareness.

So, I'm going to send off a few coins as the initial post of this thread suggests and even send out another for "Bikedog". Never knew him or met him, but his coin is a special one to me.

Welcome to the race, my friend!! GREAT to have more coins traveling about to promote bike awareness, regardless if it's motorized or not (I used to mountain bike extensively, my god-son is now using my bike lol)!! Your entries WILL count toward the race, you could win a LACKEY from entering!

HAYSTACKS (personaly I prefer snicker doodles)

Yummy cookies

Ingredients

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups butterscotch chips

1 12-ounce can of cocktail peanuts

5 ounces chow mein noodles

Method

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in the top of a double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.

Stir in nuts and noodles. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Cool.

Store covered in the refrigerator.

1-chocolate chip cookies

2-sugar cookies

and the survivor

Meltaways

Ingredients

1 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

Method

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Measure flour and salt into a bowl, blend into butter mixture.

Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. While warm, dip in confectioners sugar.

1-chocolate chip cookies

2-sugar cookies

and the survivor

Meltaways

Ingredients

1 cup butter or margarine

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

Method

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla thoroughly. Measure flour and salt into a bowl, blend into butter mixture.

Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. While warm, dip in confectioners sugar.

I like your enthusiasm, but please no back to back posting...let someone else jump in before you do!! ;)

Oh, and you had me on the haystacks until I saw the chow mein ingredient.....

Sugar cookies-survivor

Chocolate chip cookies

Minnesota Munchers

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk chocolate chips

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

2/3 cup toffee bits

1 cup chopped pecans

Method

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Grease two cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in milk chocolate and semisweet chips, toffee bits and pecans.

Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven.

Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire racks.

Chocolate chip cookies

Sugar cookies- survivor

Grandma Sears' Soft Molasses Creams

1/2 cup shortening

1/2 cup sugar

1 egg yolk

1 cups molasses

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 1/2 cups flour

1 tablespoons ground ginger

1 teaspoon nutmeg

1 teaspoon vinegar

1/2 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream together shortening and sugar. Add egg yolk and molasses. Stir together baking soda, salt, flour, ginger and nutmeg. Add vinegar to water. Gradually stir flour mixture into shortening mixture, alternating with hot water. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet 3" apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.

chocolaate chip cookies

sugar cookies-survivor

Brownie drops

2 (4-ounce) bars German Sweet Chocolate

1T. butter

2 eggs

3/4 C. sugar

1/4 C. unsifted all-purpose flour

1/4 t. baking powder

1/4 t. cinnamon

1/8 t. salt

1/2 t. vanilla extract

3/4 C. finely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler over hot water. Stir. Cool.

In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy, then add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating until thickened (5 minutes in electric mixer). Blend in chocolate.

Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; blend. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Grease cookie sheet. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheet. Bake until cookies feel ''set'' when very lightly touched -- 8 to 10 minutes.

Makes about 36 cookies.

From the makers of Baker's Chocolate.

Chocolate chip cookies

Sugar Cookies

Double Chocolate Graham Drops-Survivor

1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/4 cup cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup butter, softened

6 ounces white chocolate, chopped

1 cup pecans, chopped

Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat together condensed milk and butter until mixture is creamy. Stir in graham mixture; mix well. Stir in white chocolate and pecans. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Drop by large tablespoonfuls on prepared baking sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until firm. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. When cool, store in an airtight container.

Chocolate chip cookies

sugar cookies

and the suvivor

Cranberry Hootycreeks

5/8 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup rolled oats

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup white sugar

1/2 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed. Attach a tag with the following instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a cookie sheet or line it with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

chocolate chop cookies

sugar cookies

suvivor is

Fresh Apple Chews

3/4 cups packed brown sugar

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 large egg

3 tablespoons water

2 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup walnuts, chopped

1 cup raisins

1 medium-sized apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped

15 red or green candied cherries, halved

Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper. In a large bowl, beat together brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg and water and beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and apple. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, 2" apart. With the back of a spoon, spread each cookie into a 3" round, and place a candied cherry half in the center of each. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

Ok last one very cool cointest by the way!!!!!

Chocolate chip

Sugar

and suvivor

Alabama Fudge-Pecan Chewies

1/4 cup butter or margarine

14 ounces sweetened condensed milk

12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup chopped pecans

60 pecan halves

Pre-heat oven to 350. Combine first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter melt. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, flour, and chopped pecans. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Press a pecan half into the center of each cookie. Bake for 7 minutes. (Do not overbake.) Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.