COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Thank you for that, are these all the ones in the race?? I guess I kinda(completely) dropped the ball on adding all those links before. Your hard work is very appreciated. That's a lot of Cutting and Pasting!!!! I spent several hours on it before and wasn't even halfway done.

That is all the ones that is on the forum that was activated between August and today. There is still some that have said they have activated coins but hasn't posted the numbers. Any I missed can be added.

You're not kidding that was a lot of work, THANKS!!! I merely added numbers and it took me forever! Seems like there were more than this, somewhere areound 235? Will have to look into this and see what's going on! I'll count my watchlist and see how close I am, I might have missed a couple though!!

WELL DONE, my friends!!

Sent you an email.

LAST DAY TO ENTER THIS PORTION OF THE COINTEST!!!

KAboom and I are heading out for soem cache maintenance, I heard more bad news this AM and need to walk a bit. Cointest will close around 10PM this evening, so get those pictures or phrases posted!!!

KAboom will draw for the winner tonight or tomorrow before school, I'll have the coin ready to activate for the winner!

Just back from a cruise to Mexico (Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada) with Tamster56. While in Mexico we spent a little bit of time wandering around the cities just trying to grasp the local flavor of each town (and hitting the local caches).

Oh yeah,

Bikes have every right a car does, please share the roads

Top news!!!!

I just received some photos!!! Now you will all see the bike... aeroplane I had when I was a child!!! Remember... I am talking about 30 years ago!!!!!

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

Isn't a beauty??? when I saw the photos all my child memories came up!! I love that bike!!!

And...always remember... Bikes have every right a car does, Please share the road! Ok, maybe not the bike in this photo, but all the others for sure!!! <_<

Top news!!!!

I just received some photos!!! Now you will all see the bike... aeroplane I had when I was a child!!! Remember... I am talking about 30 years ago!!!!!

DSC01720.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

Isn't a beauty??? when I saw the photos all my child memories came up!! I love that bike!!!

And...always remember... Bikes have every right a car does, Please share the road! Ok, maybe not the bike in this photo, but all the others for sure!!! <_<

It is adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing that :anibad:

Bikes have every right a car does, Please share the road!

Ok... and here is my brother in law with his bike! :laughing: The photo was taken in Lindos!!! :anibad:

494.jpg

....Bikes have every right a car does, Please share the road!!!

Ummmm....what's wrong with this picture??

THANKS for sharing these with us, I especially like the airplane pic!!

Not the proper bike attire. I also like the airplane bike.

Bikes have every right a car does. Please share the roads!

Ok... and here is my brother in law with his bike! :laughing: The photo was taken in Lindos!!! :anibad:

494.jpg

Where's the helmet

Bikes have every right a car does, Please share the road.

Ok... and here is my brother in law with his bike! :laughing: The photo was taken in Lindos!!! :laughing:

494.jpg

:laughing: Yes! the photo shows my brother in law without a helmet, but that is becasue my sister had them (both helmets), with her, while she was taking the photo! My brother in law wanted to be recognized in the photo! :laughing:

If you come to Greece and especially in Rhodes, you will see that almost none is wearing a helmet! :rolleyes:

What can I say... My brother in law, most of the times he is wearing!

You know... the bad thing here is that when they drive in a close distance area, they do not wear helmets, just becase they do not think something may happen!!! That's completely wrong!!! Most of the accidents happen in close distance areas! :anibad:

Police is doing its best so drivers will wear helmets, but.. The penalties are big, you can pay a lot of money, but still nothing! :ph34r: Some clever guys, have a helmet with them but actually they are holding them instead of wearing them!!! :anibad:

The other not so good in the photo is that my brother in law is not wearing proper clothes to keep him safe, but summer in Lindos is.... if we have 37C°, Lindos will have more than 42 C°!!! that is because it is very rocky, it doesn't have a lot of trees...

Ok... and here is my brother in law with his bike! :laughing: The photo was taken in Lindos!!! :laughing:

494.jpg

:laughing: Yes! the photo shows my brother in law without a helmet, but that is becasue my sister had them (both helmets), with her, while she was taking the photo! My brother in law wanted to be recognized in the photo! :laughing:

If you come to Greece and especially in Rhodes, you will see that almost none is wearing a helmet! :rolleyes:

You know... the bad thing here is that when they drive in a close distance area, they do not wear helmets, just becase they do not think something may happen!!! That's completely wrong!!! Most of the accidents happen in close distance areas! :anibad:

Police is doing its best so drivers will wear helmets, but.. The penalties are big, you can pay a lot of money, but still nothing! :ph34r: Some clever guys, have a helmet with them but actually they are holding them instead of wearing them!!! :anibad:

The other not so good in the photo is that my brother in law is not wearing proper clothes to keep him safe, but summer in Lindos is.... if we have 37C°, Lindos will have more than 42 C°!!! that is because it is very rocky, it doesn't have a lot of trees...

Not picking on your brother, but it's a great picture to point out what not to wear!!

Where's the foot protection? At least wear closed toe shoes...but boots are much better.

Shorts?? I've worn shorts before, it's very hot here in the summers too, but not since Tod's accident I don't think. I now wear my leather overpants almost every time I ride. They go on over anything, even shorts, and they come right back off easily so I can be comfortable until I'm ready to ride again! Also, shorts don't protect the leg from muffler burns!

Short-sleeved sirt? OK, i often wear no-sleeve shirts UNDER my vest in the summer months, but I do wear my vest.

And yes, the helmet missing was my first concern...but drew my attention to the rest as well!!

COINTEST OVER, I will pick the winner soon!! THANKS all for participating!

494.jpg

:laughing: Yes! the photo shows my brother in law without a helmet, but that is becasue my sister had them (both helmets), with her, while she was taking the photo! My brother in law wanted to be recognized in the photo! :rolleyes:

Not picking on your brother, but it's a great picture to point out what not to wear!!

Where's the foot protection? At least wear closed toe shoes...but boots are much better.

Shorts?? I've worn shorts before, it's very hot here in the summers too, but not since Tod's accident I don't think. I now wear my leather overpants almost every time I ride. They go on over anything, even shorts, and they come right back off easily so I can be comfortable until I'm ready to ride again! Also, shorts don't protect the leg from muffler burns!

Short-sleeved sirt? OK, i often wear no-sleeve shirts UNDER my vest in the summer months, but I do wear my vest.

And yes, the helmet missing was my first concern...but drew my attention to the rest as well!!

COINTEST OVER, I will pick the winner soon!! THANKS all for participating!

Oh, do not worry my friend! We both know that you are right!! :laughing:

Remember what I was saying about Greece, how many accidents we have here, etc?

You can see now what I was talking about! It is extremelly rare to see a biker fully protected with special clothes, helmet etc! IT is.... :-(

Unfortunatelly, even tourists are not wearing the correct clothes!!! Hmm... actually some of them are riding wearing only their bathing suit!! So... :laughing:

ZoesBrother, Gatoulis and JohnMac56, coin info coming very soon!

As a bonus, I have a coin available for our Newb MmmBacon....info on the way, please read the opening post of this thread for info on how it needs to be set up!!

I looked in my ammo box today and was amazed that I had forgotten I had these coins sitting in there! D'OH!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Missed it by 1!!!!!! My typical luck LOL!! Thanks for the contest Roddy, i really enjoyed following this one!

Close enough, my friend!! :anitongue:

Read the opening post of this thread please, it will help you understand how I need your coin set up! THANKS for participating!

Whoa! Thanks a million!! I will make sure I follow the set up exactly! I won't let ya down!!!

Thanks!

Mmmbacon (IE: Grateful Newb!)

ZoesBrother, Gatoulis and JohnMac56, coin info coming very soon!

As a bonus, I have a coin available for our Newb MmmBacon....info on the way, please read the opening post of this thread for info on how it needs to be set up!!

I looked in my ammo box today and was amazed that I had forgotten I had these coins sitting in there! D'OH!

Woo Hoo!!! Thanks Roddy! I already have one coin out there for Todies Wild Ride, and Johnslady56 (Diana - My girlfriend) has two out there; what I would like to do is have this one activated by my daughter (Tamster56) so that she will have a coin in the contest also. You can either send me the info or send it to her through her profile. This way the whole family will be involved in this awesome contest. And we can have our own little friendly competition here at home to see which coin will travel the furthest.

Thanks again for the cointest and for everything that you have done to promote Bike Awareness and safety for all the bikers on the road.

All coin info has been sent out, please activate coins and then post the reference numbers here!! CONGRATS everyone and THANKS to all for participating!! More coitests coming soon and don't forget the other cointests already in progress here and with Write Shop Robert!!

And YES, these coins will be entered into the cointest, just will be a bit behind in mileage...they can still win a GREAT prize though!! So, be sure to watch this topic for future chances to win a chance to enter!!!

The winning coin is ready!!! :anitongue:

You can see its page at: TB26PH3.

It only needs to be grabed now! :(

I have to thank Rodd for the cointest and the coin once again, and Especially Maine family who was very kind and generous, and donated the coin I won! Thank you my friend!!!

Edited by GATOULIS

COINTEST COINTEST COINTEST COINTEST

A post in WSR's thread got me thinking (dangerous), maybe we need to post the laws of biking here so everyone knows what they are supposed to be doing? This applies to bicycles ONLY!!

Laws are different everywhere, so please post your laws for biking here and, if you see something that is different than in your area, please don't get alarmed! Post a law, or all the laws you know, just be sure to include at least 1 law for bicycling in your area!! Winner(s) will be drawn from the posts with laws included...random draw!

RULES:

Same as always, no whining, no more than one post every 10 minutes etc. Basically, just have fun and share your knowledge of the laws in your area. Posts must contain at least one law to count! I have final say and I say HAVE FUN!!!!

PRIZE:

Same as before, a coin to activate and enter into the race! Sorry, I don't have better prizes at this time, but know that these prizes will qualify you for a chance at MUCH better prizes during the race!

Post as often as you want, re-post laws if you need to, just make sure to post a law from your area!! Any extra tips or ideas for bike safety is appreciated and welcomed as well as the laws!!

GO!!!!

California vehicle code

VC 27400 Headsets and Earplugs

No person operating any vehicle, including a bicycle shall wear any headset covering, or any earplugs in, both ears. There are exceptions for persons operating authorized emergency vehicles, special construction or maintenance equipment and refuse collection equipment, and for any person wearing personal hearing protectors designed to attenuate injurious noise levels and which do not inhibit the wearers' ability to hear a siren or horn from an emergency vehicle or horn form another motor vehicle, and for any person using a prosthetic device which aids the hard of hearing.

Thanks to my dad JohnMac56 for donating his winner to me so that I can participate in this cool contest. And thanks to Rod for starting this thread and for all the cointests and coins he has put out to help raise bike awareness.

Two years ago we lost one of my closest friends in a motorcycle vs drunk driver accident in Arizona. :unsure: I have dedicated my Todies Wild Ride coin to him. You can check out the coin here TB26PGB.

One last thank you to the Maine Family for donating the coin to Rod for this cointest.

I know I had a cutoff date for entries into the race and that we are now adding coins after the date...I was wondering how everyone felt about this? I don't want to upset anyone with the change in rules.

My plan is to get the last few coins I have into the game, then we'll see how it goes. I don't think we'll be releasing too many more considering I only have a few left. Will the addition of more coins later on be OK with everyone or should I stop all entries after this last cointest?? It's your call everyone.

Please email me your response so it's a confidential vote, I will abide by the vote! PLEASE...only vote if you are participating in the race.

Again, I don't want anyone to be upset with the way this is being held, I merely wish to get as many coins out raising bike awareness as possible!

One last thing...post the mileage of your coin which has traveled the furthest please, so I can get an idea of how the travels are going! Also, please post if any of your coins have gone missing already!!

OH...and more laws for bikes please!!! Keep them coming!