COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Our friend Rothstafari has released a coin and has one more to release, check this one out here... http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=817086

I am still working on the compilation of the releases for this week, be patient as I'm working, dealing with family issues and doing this. Also, Saturday will be the day we lay Tod to rest (he was cremated and we've been waiting for the right time, this weekend is it).

Sorry, not good with computers and don't know how to make that link work...

OOOOPS, Rothstafari beat me to it lol

The only thing that I see needing to be done to make the link work, is to make sure that it is seperated from other words, by spaces. This way the computer will recognize it as a link, rather than just part of some giant word.

THANKS LB4T for posting that picture, it's another of my favorites and is the one sitting on my desk looking down at me right now!! I see that picture daily and often find myself remembering our adventures whilr staring off towards it!

And yes, that's me beside Tod in the one photo. I'm the grey and balding old-timer! I hope I didn't scare anyone with that pic lol

BACK TO THE COINTEST...

I haven't had much time to look through all the coins and only paced a few onto my watchlist recently (yesterday). Today, I have a GC 101 in a nearby city (an hour away, on my bike, it's 35 degrees out....OUCH), I MUST get my missions out today and I need to get my yard ready for winter. I promise I will get back to work as soon as I am done tonight!!

I think we can pretty well name the last week's drop winner...usyoopers! I haven't counted, but THANKS to them posting their tally, I'm fairly confident they got it! GREAT JOB! I'll make sure before sending out their winnings!! Also, I don't think anyone can beat their total drop count, not even all the coins I dropped or gave away I don't think! (well, maybe counting the coins I gave away, it was something like 80-90 coins). Let me double check that, but I'm fairly sure usyoopers is the winner of the first LACKEY coin!!!

OK, need to be at the GC 101 in a few hours and it's an hour's ride...so I need to shower and get going soon!! THANKS for the wonderful response to this cointest everyone, I am truly impressed and touched!! Don't think for a second that this is the end, we have a LOT more bike awareness to spread and more coins to award!!!

ALSO, any newbs out there, I am nearly out of coins at this time! ANYONE with 5 coins or less in their COLLECTION (not just activated list or out traveling please), pease contact me to get one of the last few I have available!! Please, be fair here so anyone that hasn't had the opportunity to enjoy watching a coin travel CAN get one!! I think I have a few requests still in queue somewhere in my jumbled mess called an inbox, I'll try to get to them soon!!!

Lastly, we are working on trying to get a spot to post all things biking and caching! As has been asked for by our friends, the Maine Family, and then seconded by many of you, I feel we need a place to discuss equipment, trips, tips, SAFETY, TBs and coins, adventures etc...all things biking and caching!! I am in contact with TPTB and am hoping for a favorable response, but maybe showing that there are many wanting this will help. PLEASE, if you want to have a section to talk about biking/caching (like the backpacking/caching people have), please take a second to post your desire here! (I hope this will not be frowned upon by our friendly mods).

More soon!! OH, and anyone with a pic of Tod, please post it!! I still have a coin or two in my meager collection, maybe I'll have to break one free to give out as a cointest about those pics???? I've already got one idea....lol

Edited by Rockin Roddy

OH yeah, one more thing. If anyone wants to get several great emails daily from people logging these coins, I'd encourage you to place them on your watchlist! I've been getting between 10 and 20 or more emails from logs daily, some are great (some are the normal short message though)! Reading the responses of those who move these really brings a smile to my face at times!

I see many of them make it to an event where several people discover them...WOW!! That's a GREAT way to spread bike awareness! Definitely glad people discover these!! Maybe a new cointest for the best trackable item used for taking to "events only"??? Get your thinking caps on my friends :blink::anicute::blink:

Here's the list for the last week of dropping...

Dhenninger 1

Maine Family 2

Lab Rat 1

Gatoulis 3

Team Vorvic 1

Surteb 1

DJJ ROCK 3

Clamm 2

Zarya 6

DaFunkyFrogs 4

Scottch 1

BurgessFour 8

DreamTeam OS 1

Lion's Lair 2

GVZY 1

Vouyager60 1

JohnMac 1

501Gang 1

Cainrcc 1

usyoopers 29

Amber Alert 1

Mustang Joni 10

Hedge Hopper 1

Sivota 1

ZoesBrother 3

Fingers Crossed 4

Grodan & Fiabus 1

WaveSprite 1

ELTADA 1

4th Jean 1

Frank & Beck 2

LB4T 10

Mousekakat 2

Dressel Dragons 2

Team Amaroo 1

GRAND TOTAL for the week: 111

There were more than this, but some were adoptions from Tennessee Jed and cannot count in the tally (except for the total traveling tally). I also did not count up the final page, so let me work on that and I'll get back to this!!

It is safe to say that USYOOPERS WINS!!!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Dhenninger 1

Maine Family 2

Lab Rat 1

Gatoulis 3

Team Vorvic 1

Surteb 1

DJJ ROCK 3

Clamm 2

Zarya 6

DaFunkyFrogs 4

Scottch 1

BurgessFour 8

DreamTeam OS 1

Lion's Lair 2

GVZY 1

Vouyager60 1

JohnMac 1

501Gang 1

Cainrcc 1

usyoopers 29

Amber Alert 1

Mustang Joni 11

Sivota 1

ZoesBrother 3

Fingers Crossed 4

Grodan & Fiabus 1

WaveSprite 1

ELTADA 1

4th Jean 1

Frank & Beck 2

LB4T 10

Mousekakat 2

Dressel Dragons 2

Team Amaroo 1

There were more than this, but some were adoptions from Tennessee Jed and cannot count in the tally (except for the total traveling tally). I also did not count up the final page, so let me work on that and I'll get back to this!!

My total should be 10. I activated one for Hedge Hopper, but adopted it over to him.

Dhenninger 1

Maine Family 2

Lab Rat 1

Gatoulis 3

Team Vorvic 1

Surteb 1

DJJ ROCK 3

Clamm 2

Zarya 6

DaFunkyFrogs 4

Scottch 1

BurgessFour 8

DreamTeam OS 1

Lion's Lair 2

GVZY 1

Vouyager60 1

JohnMac 1

501Gang 1

Cainrcc 1

usyoopers 29

Amber Alert 1

Mustang Joni 11

Sivota 1

ZoesBrother 3

Fingers Crossed 4

Grodan & Fiabus 1

WaveSprite 1

ELTADA 1

4th Jean 1

Frank & Beck 2

LB4T 10

Mousekakat 2

Dressel Dragons 2

Team Amaroo 1

My total should be 10. I activated one for Hedge Hopper, but adopted it over to him.

OK, will fix that. Also, I notice JohnMac only has 1, but didn't you win more?? I'm thinking we still have a few to be activated??? Or was I imagining this?

Dhenninger 1

Maine Family 2

Lab Rat 1

Gatoulis 3

Team Vorvic 1

Surteb 1

DJJ ROCK 3

Clamm 2

Zarya 6

DaFunkyFrogs 4

Scottch 1

BurgessFour 8

DreamTeam OS 1

Lion's Lair 2

GVZY 1

Vouyager60 1

JohnMac 1

501Gang 1

Cainrcc 1

usyoopers 29

Amber Alert 1

Mustang Joni 11

Sivota 1

ZoesBrother 3

Fingers Crossed 4

Grodan & Fiabus 1

WaveSprite 1

ELTADA 1

4th Jean 1

Frank & Beck 2

LB4T 10

Mousekakat 2

Dressel Dragons 2

Team Amaroo 1

OK, will fix that. Also, I notice JohnMac only has 1, but didn't you win more?? I'm thinking we still have a few to be activated??? Or was I imagining this?

Unfortunately I only won one of the coins, however Johnslady56 did win two coins and will be setting them up tomorrow morning, so look for her post then.

Just got finished activating my two coins for Todie's Wild Ride!!!

TB1A7BD Todie's Wild Ride: Go High-Viz

TB1A777 Todie's Wild Ride: Impaired Drivers!!!

Thanks for the cointests and the coins Roddie! I can't believe how much I have learned because of this cointest/race. I know that I will be a lot more cautious on the road now, and now everytime I see a motorcycle riding down the road I will be thinking about this cointest/race and about you and Todie.

Pay attention to the roads, WATCH FOR BIKES!

So is it official, did we win???? :(

I have to say that I really enjoyed being part of this mission. It felt good to do something with those coins other than just have them sit in my desk drawer. (my desk drawer slides easier with all that weight off too!)

Now lets see those miles rack up on all those coins out there!

So is it official, did we win???? :(

I have to say that I really enjoyed being part of this mission. It felt good to do something with those coins other than just have them sit in my desk drawer. (my desk drawer slides easier with all that weight off too!)

Now lets see those miles rack up on all those coins out there!

I tried like crazy to make heads or tails of the first pages before giving up after only 4! MY, what a jumbled mess of a posting that is. I couldn't figure out what was what, so I am not even goiong to count and will just go by what I know. What I know is, we have a LOT of coins out there!!!

USYOOPERS WINS both release cointests, but I'm guessing that wasn't a surprise to most of us who've been following this! I need your address, my friends!! I only wish you livewd closer, I'd love to hand these coins over in person! You have won a 2007 LACKEY coin as well as a coin to be determined! CONGRATS and THANK YOU for your dedication and for honoring Tod!!

This is FAR from over my friends, we have a race to monitor (OUCH, that's going to be a nightmare I fear!!) and maybe a few more giveaway/cointests to mix in! The release cointest may be over, BUT, you CAN RELEASE any coins you wish to help spread bike awareness!! I might have to come up with some more ideas to keep this initiative going, anyone with ideas are welcome to shoot them to me!!

I'd like to THANK Write Shop Robert, Rothstafari, chqualitycoins.com BrierPatch and EVERYONE who participated in this, you guys are AWESOME! Write Shop Robert has a great surprise in store for us, I can hardly wait!!!

Now, if only I could figure out an easy way to keep track of everything...anyone got an idea???

OH...and I still have around 30 coins or so sitting on my desk waiting to be handed over to the Geopigs...maybe today??? I promise to get these moving soon! And I still have a surprise for a few lucky travelers, maybe a long trip? We'll see! This will be a random draw of the lucky and only for the last week or two's releases. These coins could pile up a considerable chunk of mileage, so this will be of great help for these later entries!! You'll see soon enough!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Maine Family has very generously and kindly offered up some Geonerds for the cointest, we've got some ideas we're working on! The next series of cointests will involve more than simply releasing coins, we want to get the word out to NON-CACHERS!!

One thing I'd like to remind all you parents...PLEASE make sure your youngsters wear a helmet when riding their bikes, roller skating, skate boarding etc. A friend of mine's son was seriously injured several years back because he wasn't wearing a helmet, he is now severely handicapped due to head trauma! We need to teach and preach the need for helmets for ANYONE on a bike regardless of age or if the bike has a motor or not!! I ask this of you all, it is very important to me!

More soon, I've got to get to work!

THANK YOU Joan!!!

OK....NEXT COINTEST!

Wanting to get the word out to non-cachers, we have a mission for you all! This won't be simple, it won't be quick, it WILL take some effort on the winner's part and you will need to be willing to follow through! DO NOT post an idea unless you are willing to take it to the end!

YOUR MISSION:

Think up, plan out and give a bike awareness presentation. At a high school so you reach young drivers, at an elemetary school to tell of the need for helmets, any kind of public gathering where you can spread bike awareness of some kind! Maybe even a geocaching event where you include the presentation. You must think it up, post your ideas here and then we will choose which one we think can be carried out and will get out the best message! Like I said, it won't be easy, you'll have to be dedicated to earn this prize!

THE PRIZE:

Two coins...a 2007 LACKEY and a coin of my choosing (believe me, if this goes the way I'm hoping, the second coin will be as good as the LACKEY). The better the idea, the better the second coin!

THE RULES:

One post per day, one idea per post. DO NOT POST an idea you don't plan to follow through on! Best idea wins, I have final say! Make it as fun, as enjoyable as you want, just make sure to raise bike awareness of some kind!

You will be required to get pictures of the group you give your presentation to, you will need to be able to verify you follow through on your idea! Let's get the word out people, this is important to me and should be important to everyone else...it is our lives after all. A careless driver could as easily kill a person in a car as anyone else, remember that!

This cointest goes for a few weeks to a month depending on how I feel it's going, you will have plenty of time to follow through, but you do need to outline your timeline in your post!

Let's hear your ideas!

Maine Family has listed all the coins for this cointest on their Geocachers for Bike Awareness website...all 234!!

THAT'S RIGHT, you great cachers have released 234 coins for the Todie's Wild Ride cointest...in 2 months!! Now THAT'S dedication!

I recommend everyone bookmark the Maine Family website http://www.angelfire.com/me/Wrights/geocaching.html so you can watch these coins, add TBs or other coins to the additional travelers list provided or add pictures. As I understand it, this is an open site, anyone can post, but we will be watching so PLEASE post only appropraite material!

234 coins in the Todie's Wild Ride cointest....THANK YOU ALL!!!

Oh!!! Your new cointest is very special my friend, but I really do not know what to do here in Greece, here in Rhodes!

It is not about the coins, but I am posting now to tell you how things are here! :rolleyes:

Yes, we have special parks with trafic lights, signs etc, for children, so they can learn how to behave on the roads, but they are not in big use! I believe the problem is that there isn't any man responsible there to show to the kids what to do and what not! So kids are just playing there and have their own rules!

the park I see almost every day is completely empty! No children are playing there! I do not know why!!!

On the roads....almost none in my island is wearing a helmet!! Police is doind its best to change that, but ..... we have huge penalties for not wearing helpets or safety belts, or if you are doing stupid things on the road, but nothing seems to stop stupidity!!! the penalty for not wearing helmet is 350 euros and for 10 days they take you your license! penalties vary according to what you have done, and you can even see a penalty at 700 euros!!!

Some clever guys have with them a helmet, but they are wearing them in their arms!!! Just like a womens bag!!!! So stupid!!!! :)

There are so many times that I say that when someone takes his license, he just forgets everything!!! :laughing:

I have no idea what is happening in other countries, but I strongly believe that schools must have a lesson about awareness here in Greece, the community and the goverment must act, and the family must give its best to help the children understand how serious things are!!!

I am afraind ?I can not do anything, just because I can not just go in a school and say some things here, (probably you must be an expert and you have to take a license...), and if you do something by your won, you will be the "Joke" of the area! I hope you understand what I want to say!

In schools, many teenagers, if they see an other teenager wearing a helmet.... :D

Unfortunatelly just because stupidity most of the time rules on the roads here in Greece, we have so many deaths, so many young people lost...so much blood, so many little church monuments of an accident...:D

I am not married yet, so I do not have children! My sister on the other hand, (both my sister & My brother in law are geocachers under my codename!) is getting married on Sunday!!! :D

I hope to be an uncle soon, so until I become a father, I can help the child to understand some things! Of course all the members of Gatoulis team will help! :D

If this is possible to be done in every family, things will be much much better!!!! :D

Oh!!! Your new cointest is very special my friend, but I really do not know what to do here in Greece, here in Rhodes!

It is not about the coins, but I am posting now to tell you how things are here! :rolleyes:

Yes, we have special parks with trafic lights, signs etc, for children, so they can learn how to behave on the roads, but they are not in big use! I believe the problem is that there isn't any man responsible there to show to the kids what to do and what not! So kids are just playing there and have their own rules!

the park I see almost every day is completely empty! No children are playing there! I do not know why!!!

On the roads....almost none in my island is wearing a helmet!! Police is doind its best to change that, but ..... we have huge penalties for not wearing helpets or safety belts, or if you are doing stupid things on the road, but nothing seems to stop stupidity!!! the penalty for not wearing helmet is 350 euros and for 10 days they take you your license! penalties vary according to what you have done, and you can even see a penalty at 700 euros!!!

Some clever guys have with them a helmet, but they are wearing them in their arms!!! Just like a womens bag!!!! So stupid!!!! :)

There are so many times that I say that when someone takes his license, he just forgets everything!!! :laughing:

I have no idea what is happening in other countries, but I strongly believe that schools must have a lesson about awareness here in Greece, the community and the goverment must act, and the family must give its best to help the children understand how serious things are!!!

I am afraind ?I can not do anything, just because I can not just go in a school and say some things here, (probably you must be an expert and you have to take a license...), and if you do something by your won, you will be the "Joke" of the area! I hope you understand what I want to say!

In schools, many teenagers, if they see an other teenager wearing a helmet.... :D

Unfortunatelly just because stupidity most of the time rules on the roads here in Greece, we have so many deaths, so many young people lost...so much blood, so many little church monuments of an accident...:D

I am not married yet, so I do not have children! My sister on the other hand, (both my sister & My brother in law are geocachers under my codename!) is getting married on Sunday!!! :D

I hope to be an uncle soon, so until I become a father, I can help the child to understand some things! Of course all the members of Gatoulis team will help! :D

If this is possible to be done in every family, things will be much much better!!!! :D

As I said, it won't be easy! It truly sounds to me like you could use some bike awareness presentations out there, my friend, I know you can do it if you put your mind to it! I have all the faith in the world in you!

There are several ways to get the word out, several ways in which you yourself could, or your proxy if it were! I cannot give you ideas, you'll have to come up with these on your own, but I am confident in you my friend!

That goes for all of you! I am confident you can all make a difference, you just have to try...and do your very best! People listen, they truly do! Look at all the people I got to listen to me here! One person jumped on board, then another, then.....

Think about how you can get the community involved! Form your plan and post your ideas!!

Well everyone....today will be another sad day here. We are gathering at the cemetery to finally send Tod off. Tod was cremated right after his accident and the family has been waiting for a day when all could be together so they could send him off properly...today's the day.

I was asked to join the family as was our friend LadyBee4T, we will be heading in shortly. I thought the hard part was behind me, but the meories, the sadness..........................

keep thinking of ways to spread bike awareness everyone, and think of Tod.

Yesterday started bright and sunny...but windy and chilly! KAboom and I started up the cycle and headed out for the cemetery (only a mile down the road). We were soon joined by Tod's mom, Louise, Tod's oldest son, his brother and afriend of the family...as well as LB4T and Lord Yatchman.

It was a very saddening experience, we took turns digging the hole to place Tod's box in (box was about 24"x18"x12", held Tod's remains as well as some keepsakes), then we had a beautiful catholic service. Tod's box was placed in the hole after we all blessed the hole and box (holy water), we all did our thing and then headed to a nearby eatery for lunch! I now have a place to head to whenever I need time to think and remember!

Louise would like to thank everyone for all you've done, she's overwhelmed by the specialness of all of you! When told of the number of coins traveling honoring Tod, her eyes filled with tears!

THAK YOU all...and keep up the great work!!

Don't forget the new contest in my last few posts!!! Get those ideas submitted!!

It is not about the coins, but I am posting now to tell you how things are here! ;)

Some clever guys have with them a helmet, but they are wearing them in their arms!!! Just like a womens bag!!!! So stupid!!!! :D

There are so many times that I say that when someone takes his license, he just forgets everything!!! :D

In schools, many teenagers, if they see an other teenager wearing a helmet.... :(

As I said, it won't be easy! It truly sounds to me like you could use some bike awareness presentations out there, my friend, I know you can do it if you put your mind to it! I have all the faith in the world in you!

There are several ways to get the word out, several ways in which you yourself could, or your proxy if it were! I cannot give you ideas, you'll have to come up with these on your own, but I am confident in you my friend!

That goes for all of you! I am confident you can all make a difference, you just have to try...and do your very best! People listen, they truly do! Look at all the people I got to listen to me here! One person jumped on board, then another, then.....

Think about how you can get the community involved! Form your plan and post your ideas!!

Try getting in touch with a local Bike Club for some help, or ideas. Roddy, thanks for taking this to the next level. I have been thinking that this was another step to take. Kids in their Driver Ed. classes would be prime targets for this kind of presentation.

I just packaged up usyoopers' LACKEY coin, sorry for the delay guys!

I'm also happy to get soooo many emails daily about these coins' travels, it's great fun! A lot of coins on the move, what can be better?

I've received emails and PMs telling me that some of you are a bit shy about speaking in public....well, who isn't?? :) I'll tell you this, I decided to run for the V.P. position in my region of MiGO and won. Little did I know, I had to give an update as to my plans live in front of about 50-60 fellow MiGO members. No warning, no time to prepare, just get up there and talk to us!

I mean to tell you, I was sweating buckets! I opened with a slight joke and rolled on from there, had the help of some friends and just concentrated on my goals...it worked! I don't know how effective my report was, but they did clap (probably glad to see me go).

If I can do it, I KNOW you can!! AND, not only am I asking this of you people, but I, myelf will soon be making plans to chat with the elementary kids about wearing helmets, looking both ways before crossing the streets and so on. I am also in talks with a few local schools about talkingto the high schoolers. We don't have a formal driver's ed class in school anymore around here, it's all done through private instructors. Talking to the high school is my best choice of getting my word across.

Anyone want to follow suit? Anyone want a LACKEY COIN and another special coin??? Come on people, put your ideas to paper, plan your moves and submit that plan! You just might be surprised how welcomed you'll be made to feel!!

Here's another idea I had and might just follow up on later as well! Talk to your local bike clubs, your bike stores etc, get them to help you! Any store likes to have sales and draw in crowds, great PR! Well, get the bike clubs, the bike stores and some friends to help and host a good old fashioned block party! Get the stores to donate something, ANYTHING, get the local businesses to help out with monetary donations to help cover the cost of hot dogs or whatever food you want to serve up, get someone to cook up that food, and get the local kids to hand out pamphlets and such, get your local newspapers and/or radio stations to advertise it for you! You could have a talk about bike safety and wearing helmets, you might even be able to get the store to work with their dealers or even the manufacturers of helmets to donate a percent off coupon towards buying new helmets! Hey, you might even be able to get a local celebrity figure to give the speech!

Run with these ideas or come up with your own, it's all up for grabs at this time!

OK I HAVE AN IDEA,, HERE IN DENVER WE HAVE A SHOW ON THE RADIO,,(ITS ACTUALLY WHERE I FOUND OUT ABOUT GEOCACHING) BUT THAT ANOTHER STORY,, RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE A THING CALLED SOAP BOX RAIDO,, YOU GET 30 SECONDS OF AIRTIME TO PRESENT ANYTHING YOU WANT,, ITS ON A HUGE AM STATION AND HAS ALOT OF DAILY LISTINERS,AND CAN BE DOWNLOADED OR LISTINED TO ON THE NET THE SHOW IS FROM 9-12 NOON M-F ,,, I OR SOMEONE COULD CALL TO TALK ABOUT THIS!! SO FOR 30 STRAIGHT SECONDS YOU CAN PRESENT ANYTHING YOU WISH!! THEN WE CAN VERIFY THIS HAS BEEN DONE BY POSTING THE LINK TO THE HOUR OF THE SHOW YOU WERE ON AND IT CAN BE LISTINED TO AS PROOF!?!?

OK I HAVE AN IDEA,, HERE IN DENVER WE HAVE A SHOW ON THE RADIO,,(ITS ACTUALLY WHERE I FOUND OUT ABOUT GEOCACHING) BUT THAT ANOTHER STORY,, RIGHT NOW THEY HAVE A THING CALLED SOAP BOX RAIDO,, YOU GET 30 SECONDS OF AIRTIME TO PRESENT ANYTHING YOU WANT,, ITS ON A HUGE AM STATION AND HAS ALOT OF DAILY LISTINERS,AND CAN BE DOWNLOADED OR LISTINED TO ON THE NET THE SHOW IS FROM 9-12 NOON M-F ,,, I OR SOMEONE COULD CALL TO TALK ABOUT THIS!! SO FOR 30 STRAIGHT SECONDS YOU CAN PRESENT ANYTHING YOU WISH!! THEN WE CAN VERIFY THIS HAS BEEN DONE BY POSTING THE LINK TO THE HOUR OF THE SHOW YOU WERE ON AND IT CAN BE LISTINED TO AS PROOF!?!?

IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL TO HAVE MULTIPLE PEPOLE CALL AND DO THIS DURING THIS SOAP BOX RADIO,,ITS SURE TO GET "SOME" AIR TIME!

Great Pics, sure brings Tod a little closer to heart! Man, ill bet you miss that guy! :rolleyes:

I managed to get my coin activated today and have 2 others that will hopefully get activated tomorrow!

Here's the listing for Todies wild ride Cachestalker coin TB1A5JK http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=815693

I am in no way familiar with all that HTML stuff, so its all real crued!...Ready to Drop THANKS RODDY!

Wish I could be in here a little more to play these days...I need to catch up on this thread again too! Stay tuned for more of Todies Wild Ride! ;)

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON TOD!!!

I spent the morning in the waiting room of the hospital so needing something to do I went through the coins to see the mileage. Here are the ones that has gone over a tousand miles..

Rockin Roddy's Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Defensively has gone 4984.1 miles.http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB28GTN

Usyoopers Todie's Wild Ride: Easy Bicycle Tips has gone 4479.8 miles.http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB28GTN

TeamAmaroo's Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice has gone 3646.8 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1781379

Usyoopers Todie's Wild Ride: Why don't they see me? has gone 2207.8 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB1YQQJ

Maine Families Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness has gone 2140.3 miles. Http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB26PH2

Surteb's Todie's Wild Ride: Shine the Light has gone 1939.3 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB1A8F0

Rockin Roddy's Todie's Wild Ride: Slow down! has gone 1914.1 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2BJDG

Scottch's Todie's Wild Ride: Safety Tips for Car Drivers has gone 1903.3 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=817784

TropicalParadise's Todie's Wild Ride has gone 1903.3 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB1A7KD

Xboxcrazy33's Todie's Wild Ride: Please Pay Attention! has gone 1872.7 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=816436

Rockin Roddy's Todie's Traveling Gold has gone 1347.2 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2BJDN

All the caps hurt my eyes :o

I like this idea, but I think it needs more to it! The radio announcement could be used to promote an event of some kind, maybe just a simple sit-in type gathering where everyone comes together and then you could give a small presentation or something?

email me, my friend. I would like to bounce some thoughts back and forth!!

This doesn't mean this is going to be what I choose as the winner, and maybe someone else could come up with an idea off this one? I have thrown out a few suggestions, run with them or come up with something of your own!! Keep in mind, I will reward generously any idea that pleases me! I also never said there'd be just ONE winner, so take your time, come up with a plan and submit it! We'll let this run for a while, we have nothing but time after all!! I think I'll shoot off a few emails and see what other ideas we can come up with to go along with this!

I spent the morning in the waiting room of the hospital so needing something to do I went through the coins to see the mileage. Here are the ones that has gone over a tousand miles..

Rockin Roddy's Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Defensively has gone 4984.1 miles.http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB28GTN

Usyoopers Todie's Wild Ride: Easy Bicycle Tips has gone 4479.8 miles.http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB28GTN

</a> TeamAmaroo's Todie's Wild Ride: Look Twice has gone 3646.8 miles. <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1781379" target="_blank">http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1781379

Usyoopers Todie's Wild Ride: Why don't they see me? has gone 2207.8 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB1YQQJ

Maine Families Todie's Wild Ride: Bike Awareness has gone 2140.3 miles. Http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB26PH2

Surteb's Todie's Wild Ride: Shine the Light has gone 1939.3 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB1A8F0

Rockin Roddy's Todie's Wild Ride: Slow down! has gone 1914.1 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2BJDG

Scottch's Todie's Wild Ride: Safety Tips for Car Drivers has gone 1903.3 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=817784

TropicalParadise's Todie's Wild Ride has gone 1903.3 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB1A7KD

Xboxcrazy33's Todie's Wild Ride: Please Pay Attention! has gone 1872.7 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=816436

Rockin Roddy's Todie's Traveling Gold has gone 1347.2 miles. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2BJDN

Thanks for the update on the mileage Maine Family! They sure are traveling aren't they??!!?

All the caps hurt my eyes :yikes:

I like this idea, but I think it needs more to it! The radio announcement could be used to promote an event of some kind, maybe just a simple sit-in type gathering where everyone comes together and then you could give a small presentation or something?

email me, my friend. I would like to bounce some thoughts back and forth!!

This doesn't mean this is going to be what I choose as the winner, and maybe someone else could come up with an idea off this one? I have thrown out a few suggestions, run with them or come up with something of your own!! Keep in mind, I will reward generously any idea that pleases me! I also never said there'd be just ONE winner, so take your time, come up with a plan and submit it! We'll let this run for a while, we have nothing but time after all!! I think I'll shoot off a few emails and see what other ideas we can come up with to go along with this!

sending email :laughing:

I sent DJJ a message minutes ago.

People, my goals and ideas are quite lofty, I realize they will be tough to do and there will be a lot of work involved! I am asking you to help me protect fellow bikers, fellow friends and maybe relatives! I'm asking you to work hard to protect yourself from distracted drivers!

Some ideas I have will involve much planning, but not much money (don't want it to cost you anything if at all possible, just time and energy). Plan a bike rally, plan a simple non-cacher M&G (hey, cachers are welcome also if you can get it published through GC), go to the schools and talk to the youngsters, go to the police department and ask for help...I don't care as long as it's spreading bike awareness!

As I told DJJ, a poker run would be the best of both worlds!! It would combine bikers and a safety message! You could work with local eateries and bike shops to get them to donate gift certificates for prizes, you could work with the eateries to help feed the masses on the cheap!

The best idea I had was to ask a larger eatery to give a big discount to all who join in, make it the final stop and hold the fun part of the poker run there! Make it family friendly, make it fun, but make sure bike awareness is spread!! Anyone wanting to do this could use Todie's Wild Ride in the name, you have my permission (lol). The more festive the atmosphere, the better, you'll attract more people if they know they're going to have fun! Ask local businesses to make donations for prizes and raffles.

Another idea....hold a bike/car wash! Put up signs in advance or maybe a free message in the local paper or whatever (flyers at bike shops, car washes etc work well too). Ask everyone who comes to donate money for a special bike awareness message (maybe pay for space for a message in the paper or whatever you can do), make sure you have signs to help put bike awareness in the forefront of the visitors' minds! Local kids or family members and friends might be willing to help with this and maybe you could get some help from local shops and such for rewards for those who do help! Use your imagination here, I am!!

Remember that I will reward your work accordingly, the two coins I mentioned aren't set in stone! I would be very happy to reward generously anyone who goes above and beyond!! AND, I'm not opposed to rewarding more than one project!!!!

Also, keep your eyes open for a new cointest here soon, I hated to see this thread hit the second page!!! :) Let's keep this in the front row!!

We've reached 10,000 views in this topic, I am happy! I also am happy to tell you that I have a few coins to give away! While the deadline for the release is long gone, I see no harm in releasing more coins, so here's what we'll do:

COINTEST COINTEST COINTEST COINTEST

There was one thing I brought home from the GCF which was Tod's. Name that item!

That simple, name it and I'll release a coin for Todie's Wild Ride after you name it and mission it! It must follow the TWR guidelines, so if you don't know them , read the OP of this thread!

RULES:

Same as always, no whining, no editing, no more sadness and no more sorrow (oh wait, that's a song...). I have final say and I say HAVE FUN!! One guess per 10 minutes, hints when I tire of laughing at all of your guesses! :);)B) If you know the answer, please let someone else win!!

GO........