COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Hi Roddy,

It was great to meet you at GeoCoinFest. The kids have activated the coins you gave them and look forward to their travels.

Princess Butterfingers was so touched, she asked to release another of her coins in Tods memory, which we happily did.

We also thought it was a great cause, so we released one of ours too :lol:

So, here's 4 coins for your tracking. Thanks for the cointest and the awareness.

Fingers Crossed.

TB2FE72 - Todie's Wild Ride: Extra Extra!

TB1A72P - Todie's Wild Ride: Princess Butterfingers

TB1A5MG - Todie's Wild Ride: Hawkeyez on the road.

TB2F9HX - Todie's Wild Ride: PBF's Wish

All the coins that are listed here you can add your link at http://www.angelfire.com/me/Wrights/geocaching.html

If you have a geocoin that was activated and you changed the mission to promote bike awareness you can leave your link here. It will also show how many visitors checked it out. If you have a TB or anything that promotes bike awareness you can place your link.

To keep it on topic. Great job.

AWESOME my friend, AWESOME!!

You know, I distinctly remember saying this ended on the 19th....today's the 18th. Not sure how I made this mistake, but it looks like we have one more day?? Sorry to almost pull the trigger pre-maturely there everyone.

THANKS to all the newest entries, keep them coming!

All those who received your info about this last cointest, don't worry, just get them done ASAP and post...they'll be counted!!

OK....since we have another day, let's let everyone play!! Look for a new topic in a few minutes everyone!!

You know, I distinctly remember saying this ended on the 19th....today's the 18th. Not sure how I made this mistake, but it looks like we have one more day?? Sorry to almost pull the trigger pre-maturely there everyone.

THANKS to all the newest entries, keep them coming!

All those who received your info about this last cointest, don't worry, just get them done ASAP and post...they'll be counted!!

OK....since we have another day, let's let everyone play!! Look for a new topic in a few minutes everyone!!

(wiping sweat from my brow)....thats good news!

Just want to get clarification on a detail...If a Coin is activated by the deadline, but hasn't made it into a Cache quite yet, does it still qualify? This will be the case with the three that I most recently actifated as adoptable prize Coins. They are activated, but will not be in Caches until after the deadline.

Didn't it say ? - "activate" :)

Just want to get clarification on a detail...If a Coin is activated by the deadline, but hasn't made it into a Cache quite yet, does it still qualify? This will be the case with the three that I most recently actifated as adoptable prize Coins. They are activated, but will not be in Caches until after the deadline.

YES...anything given away last night, yesterday, the day before...anything in my or Robert's possession will count. If you have one at home which isn't one of these, you've got today until 10pm!!!

I hate to cut it off, but all good things must eventually end unfortunately.

YES...anything given away last night, yesterday, the day before...anything in my or Robert's possession will count. If you have one at home which isn't one of these, you've got today until 10pm!!!

I hate to cut it off, but all good things must eventually end unfortunately.

Ok, the other yooper has to get a wall or 2 grouted while I go to church. I'm gonna go make sandwiches now so we can make a quick getaway....we'll be back before 10pm!

I wanted to Speak up and commend everyone who is participating in this wondrous assignment. I am so very proud of All of you.

I am sorry to hear of a very dear friend.

I too am very proud and impressed by the work these great participants have put forth!! Well done all!!

Tod's loss has opened my eyes, made me ride a bit safer (a bit). Tod's death really has saddened many, but I think he has also opened many's eyes to the dangers we face every day! I think this is a great way to honor Tod's life, and for this I THANK every one of you!

If only I knew how to post pictures, I'd share a couple with all of you here...anyone wishing to post them? I'd be more than happy to email them to someone!

I just realized I'm needing to go through all these posts to figure out which coins were posted in the last week...YIKES!!!

Will get to that later as I am STILL working on our night cache! MAN, we made this puppy tough, it's going to be fun! All that's left is to dig the pitfall trap and.....just kidding :anicute:B):D:D

Pitfall is my favorite video game Rod. Its MUCH better than Donkey Kong. Ohhhh that's another thread!!!

I will have a few more to add later today to the listings here. Will see if I can finish more before the 10pm deadline to activate and list here

REMEMBER that all coins NOT in my or Robert's posession need to be dropped into a cache TODAY before the deadline! I realize this leaves the door open for virtual dropping tonight, but I'm hoping everyone will play nicely and drop them physically!!

All coins in the race need to be dropped tonight, this doesn't mean we can't drop more coins all along! The ones dropped after the deadline will not be in the race, but will help to spread bike awareness!! Please keep this in mind if you happen to find yourself with an extra coin or TB (since the race portion will have already begun)!! Prizes may not be limited to the race my friends...but a big portion of the coins I have will!!

Again, very proud to have been a part of this, THANKS for all the hard work everyone has done. I merely brought you all together (so to speak), you did all the hard work and spent all the big money! For this I say THANK YOU ALL!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

If only I knew how to post pictures, I'd share a couple with all of you here...anyone wishing to post them? I'd be more than happy to email them to someone!

We'd be happy to host them for you, I can put them up on a Flickr pro account so you can use little and large pics as required.

Let us know if we can help.

Fingers Crossed.

We'd be happy to host them for you, I can put them up on a Flickr pro account so you can use little and large pics as required.

Fingers Crossed.

I CAN LOAD SOME UP FOR YOU IF NEED BE ,,YOU KNOW HOW TO REACH ME,,:anicute:

This week I have activated the following:

TB1A91F Todie's Wild Ride: This One's For Patrick

TB1A9WC Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Protect Your Head

TB1XDN1 Todie's Wild Ride: Save A Life, Look Twice!!

TB2D9TF Todie's Wild Ride: Be Watchful

TB1A86N Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Are Cool!

TB1A93M Todie's Wild Ride: Biker Awareness Around the World

These ones were activated prior to this week but not sure if they are on the list or not

TB2BJCY Todie's Wild Ride: Be Aware

TB2BJDM Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Safe

If I can find the other coins I wanted to also add tonight I will add to the list....

This week I have activated the following:

TB1A91F Todie's Wild Ride: This One's For Patrick

TB1A9WC Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Protect Your Head

TB1XDN1 Todie's Wild Ride: Save A Life, Look Twice!!

TB2D9TF Todie's Wild Ride: Be Watchful

TB1A86N Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Are Cool!

TB1A93M Todie's Wild Ride: Biker Awareness Around the World

These ones were activated prior to this week but not sure if they are on the list or not

TB2BJCY Todie's Wild Ride: Be Aware

TB2BJDM Todie's Wild Ride: Ride Safe

If I can find the other coins I wanted to also add tonight I will add to the list....

Here are the other two that I activated today.

TB1KJKW Todie's Wild Ride: Helmets Are a Biker's Best Friend

TB1P9VP Todie's Wild Ride: Biker Awareness Across the USA

Edited by LadyBee4T

whewwww, I made it back befor the deadline! Got home this afternoon for the other yooper to tell me that we didn't have enough grout for the project. That means a Home Depot run, a 1 1/2 hour each way trip NOT in the direction I had planned...scramble madly, this will work!

Here is a plea to all cache hiders- no more micro's!! :anicute: (I know, thats another thread) it got hard to find a cache big enough to drop a coin!

Then there was the grout problem, we actually got the stuff we were using at Menards but that 3 hours in another direction. Beige is beige right?? I'll let ya know about that tomorrow.

Got the coins all dropped, the last one was at dusk, in the rain with thunder rumbling in the distance...we had a ball!!

Here is our list-

TB1ZPRR

TB2BNNV

TB1VE78

Those were dropped in the UP bringing our weeks total to 13, grand total to 51 :DB)

Off to the Lower Peninsula in search of drop sites-

TB1ZDFT

TB26PJC

TBX37T

All found homes by Lake Michigan

Inland a bit-

TB224FQ

TB26P2G

Those found a nice resting spot in a very old cemetary.

TB29E4Q

TB1ZCHV

TB21ZJ6

This was a really cool Fish Hatchery, we can't wait to take the Grandson there.

Sooooo, 21 for the week...59 grand total :anicute::D

WOW, what dedication!! usyoopers, well done! I am amazed at the work you put in for this, it truly warms my heart!

Not that everyone else did a lesser job or deserve lesser respect and admiration!! I can't get over how special you all are, what a great feeling to have this much participation in our initiative! WOW! And 13 pages so far....YES!

Tod is probably laughing his signature laugh and smiling ear to ear!! I know I am!!!

Fingers Crossed.

I CAN LOAD SOME UP FOR YOU IF NEED BE ,,YOU KNOW HOW TO REACH ME,,:laughing:

I sent the pictures to DJJ as I had his email addy and knew how to send pics that way. I don't have yours Fingers Crossed (except the GS linked which I don't know how to send pics through), so I sent them to DJJ...didn't mean to not send them to you, just didn't know how. I will send you a link to our LHD II website where a lot of great pics are, you can use any you please to put on flickr!!

DJJ, THANKS my friend! Post those whenever you can and I hope everyone likes them!!

Our friend Rothstafari has released a coin and has one more to release, check this one out here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=817086

I am still working on the compilation of the releases for this week, be patient as I'm working, dealing with family issues and doing this. Also, Saturday will be the day we lay Tod to rest (he was cremated and we've been waiting for the right time, this weekend is it).

Sorry, not good with computers and don't know how to make that link work...

OOOOPS, Rothstafari beat me to it lol

Edited by Rockin Roddy

OK-EVERYONE!!! HERE ARE THE PICS OF TOD, AND RODS COMMENTS ABOUT THEM IN HIS E-MAIL TO ME. PLZ ENJOY THE PICS AND TAKE A MIN TO THINK ABOUT HOW YOU RIDE OR DRIVE!!! :blink:

ea052ad0-fccf-4e26-b441-84cf635eb1e7.jpg

7e35fa15-b617-4d4a-9257-fd124ef16bf6.jpg

ROD:;"The first two are from our climbing of Turtlehead Mountain in Las Vegas, this was the last time Tod and I climbed. We had climbed both of the tallest peaks in the Red Rock Canyon a few years before and wanted to get the cache at the top of Turtlehead before we were just too old"

f7646158-76a1-4bb1-b89f-e7450a42bb89.jpg

ROD:;"The one with him sitting is from our first Lazy Hayes Days camp/cache event, this is the Sunday breakfast gathering. We'd put on quite the event, cooking up 150 lbs of ribs, setting out 25 new caches (all loggable, not temporary) and hosting the Sunday breakfast...great fun indeed. I wish I had the picture of Tod and I cooking up the ribs, one of my favorites. Someone else took the pic and I don't have it downloaded to the computer :anicute:"

9da141db-3daf-440d-9671-ee22d2dc601c.jpg

ROD:;"The last one was from the 2006 Geobash, we were messing with MaxB on the River (that's Warren Tod is standing behind, he's Maxine's husband) We were keeping a TB away from them as a gag which lasted a whole year, Tod was displaying the TBs behind Warren's back lol."

ad3974db-9cc1-432a-a551-873c1c8ad474.jpg

ROD:"there's the picture I love the best, Tod and I cooking up ribs. Note Tod hamming it up for the camera""

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

awesome pics.......it's nice to put a face to 2 names we have seen lots of in the last 2 months...glad to be able to do our small part in the Bike Awareness......god bless all riders......."Ride To Live....Live To Ride".....

AND REMEMBER, AS YOU DRIVE........HANG UP THAT *^#@%&( * PHONE & PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOUR DOING..........