COINTEST: Todies Wild Ride!

Rockin Roddy

Got another out traveling yesterday.... TB2CX7A

Great message, THANKS for doing sooo much to help with this campaign!! How many coins does this make you, my friends??

I think I lost count :rolleyes: .....maybe 28?? I'll go back and count...........nope, 29 out on the road...still a couple more up our sleeves! :(

Roddy, I just picked up a batch of USA Nomad Coins from my mailbox. Would like to find owners for 5 of them to be released in this Cointest? You can make a game to find winners, then I'll send them the activation info, and release the coins after they're activated. WRITE SHOP ROBERT

SO, it looks like you finally made it home or at least to your mailbox.

Roddy, I just picked up a batch of USA Nomad Coins from my mailbox. Would like to find owners for 5 of them to be released in this Cointest? You can make a game to find winners, then I'll send them the activation info, and release the coins after they're activated. WRITE SHOP ROBERT

SO, it looks like you finally made it home or at least to your mailbox.

I've just spent about two hours having a photo session, and choosing the pics to upload!!

Roddy, I just picked up a batch of USA Nomad Coins from my mailbox. Would you like to find owners for 5 of them to be released in this Cointest? You can make a game to find winners, then I'll send them the activation info, and release the coins after they're activated. WRITE SHOP ROBERT

AWESOME!! Will have to give a little thought to what the next cointest should be...mind is whirling, mind is whirling....

THANKS Write Shop Robert, WOW! We'll get something going soon, I'll think about it while at work!! If you've got a suggestion or request, shoot it tom me, my friend!!

Fairyhoney, I have your coin on watch!!! Well done my friend!!

Roddy, I just picked up a batch of USA Nomad Coins from my mailbox. Would you like to find owners for 5 of them to be released in this Cointest? You can make a game to find winners, then I'll send them the activation info, and release the coins after they're activated. WRITE SHOP ROBERT

AWESOME!! Will have to give a little thought to what the next cointest should be...mind is whirling, mind is whirling....

THANKS Write Shop Robert, WOW! We'll get something going soon, I'll think about it while at work!! If you've got a suggestion or request, shoot it tom me, my friend!!

Fairyhoney, I have your coin on watch!!! Well done my friend!!

An idea is on the way!!

COINTEST TIME COINTEST TIME COINTEST TIME

THANKS to Write Shop Robert, we now have a new cointest...this time, we're asking for the DRIVER'S PERSPECTIVE! What can drivers in the little sports cars, the big 4X4's or even the drivers of those big rigs...what tips can you offer to your fellow 4-wheeled (or more) drivers to protect us two-wheel lovers?? Tell us what you could do to make the biker safer out there!

RULES:

One tip per post, one post every hour!

Write Shop Robert and I have final say...no whining :)

No editing

Anything else you know we won't like too of course!

You are playing for a USA Nomad coin to be released as per the guidelines of Todie's Wild Ride, the coin will be released by Write Shop Robert upon completion of activation! Remember that these coins could win you another prize!! We will draw 5 random winners, each will get a coin to activate THANKS to Write Shop Robert! Cointest ends Wednesday at 10pm!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Oh! that's nice too!!! I will post a tip

Please!!!! Do not talk with your mobile phone while you are driving!!!!!

Also, when you are parked in the road, and talk, do not open your doors without looking!!!!!!!

you will not have your mind on the road, you will not have good reflections, you forget your self and you just do not see motorbikers!!!

Sorry for making 2 tips in one, but I have my reasons!!!

My father and myu sister were victims of that!!! A woman was parked and she was talking in her mobile phone!

My father and my sister were on our small motorbike and they were going to the house of my brother in law! My sister was taking food in tapperware, to eat, just because he couldn't come to our house! (workers were in his house, fixing something!!)

The woman opened the door without looking at all! She was not parked well, and my father didn't expect this!!! The door hit my father, and both my father and my sister fell from the bike! My sister was very lucky! Tapperwares became her pillow, so her head didn'r hit the ground! Also, she was lucky, because the car driver that was coming behind, had good reflections and brakes!!!! Her head was only a few centimetres away from his weels!!!!

My father.... the bike fell over him, and hurt him! He had to go to the hospital, and stayed there for a week! He had injuries in his head, his legs, his arms, but the most serious was that he broke some ribs! In allthat, he was lucky!!! One of the broken ribs, was so close to his heart!!! It could easily make a hole in his heart and... well I do not even want to think about it!!!! Oh! in case you do not know....my father had heart problems and...

The woman just said....Oh I didn't see you coming...I was talking to my friend on the mobile!!!! :)

Always be aware of your environment, that which is behind, on either side, and in front of you.

I say this as both a rider, and a driver. I have been victim of not abiding by the above rule...... I have never hit anyone, yet scared myself, then berating myself for not paying attention to my surroundings.

keep the shiny side up...

the brewmeister

Give the Big Rigs PLENTY of room for them to stop. Don't assume that they can stop on a dime like you may be able to in your private vehicle. Remember that if you assume the space in front is for you , you are more than likely mistaken. You see, If a truck has to slam on His brakes for You, You may make him "Jack Knife".

Remember that we are looking for tips on what a driver of a car or truck can do to keep the Bikers on the road from getting hit.

Of course I'm not entering my own game, but here's a tip from me that you will see plenty of in the future...

Look Twice for Bikes,

You Could Save a Life

When it comes time for you to make a move, no matter if it's a lane change, a turn, entering or exiting the lanes, or even just opening your door, Remember the phrase "Look Twice for Bikes". Look all around you, and then look all around again. You'll be surprised what you may have missed the first time.

I was driving down the highway one day, and I came to one of those light signs with the changable message. I read what it said..."Look around you for Motorcycles", I looked around...Then the next message said..."Now Look Again". When I looked again, there was a Motorcycle next to me who had been in my blind spot before. If I had only looked once, and then made a move, I may have ended his life. Look Twice!!

COINTEST TIME COINTEST TIME COINTEST TIME

THANKS to Write Shop Robert, we now have a new cointest...this time, we're asking for the DRIVER'S PERSPECTIVE! What can drivers in the little sports cars, the big 4X4's or even the drivers of those big rigs...what tips can you offer to your fellow 4-wheeled (or more) drivers to protect us two-wheel lovers?? Tell us what you could do to make the biker safer out there!

RULES:

One tip per post, one post every hour!

Write Shop Robert and I have final say...no whining :D

No editing

Anything else you know we won't like too of course!

You are playing for a USA Nomad coin to be released as per the guidelines of Todie's Wild Ride, the coin will be released by Write Shop Robert upon completion of activation! Remember that these coins could win you another prize!! We will draw 5 random winners, each will get a coin to activate THANKS to Write Shop Robert! Cointest ends Wednesday at 10pm!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!

Just to add a little detail, Roddy will choose the random winners, and then I will send the tracking and activation codes to the winners in an email. After the coins are activated, I will prepare and release them like I did with the Birds of a Feather Coins in my UnCointest. The entries will end at the time specified, but the time of the announcement will be up to Roddy, and with my spotty access to the internet, there may be some delay in getting the codes to the winners. Please be patient, and remember the rule of no whining.

Hello to al! :o

Back again until the time to go to work (In an hour...)

Oh! What I would do!!! Well....the thing I wrote with mobile phones...of course I wouldn't speak while I am driving!!! :blink:

Now, I am not a driver, so... but there are some things.....

My new tip! I would keep the right distance between the biker and my car, when we are driving!

Why to stick behind him and stress him? By keeping the normal distance, I can watch for sudden moves of the biker, I can press the brakes and stop easier, I can watch the biker in front of me, if he stoped, if he is turning....

Sometimes, driving a big truck and not keeping the safe didtance, makes you not to see a biker, or actually you will not realise that he stoped to make a turn in a road! I had seen a video with an acident and the poor biker.... :D

I try to understand the bike and rider and guage what or how they will react as I am moving past or towards the cycle. Harley guys tend to just cruise and are a bit layed back. the crotch rocket kids like to zip a bit more through traffic so they need special precautions when coming up from behind you. The traditional rice burners tend to be economicly inclined riders and are more of a normal driver. everyone on a bike desrves a little more space, and a little more caution.

Not really to do with this contest, just a generalization, one thing that was taught way back when I took drivers ed was, When you engage the car, engage the brain. Still holds true today because if you engage the brain to your driving then the distraction are set aside. Distractions are what causes accidents.

Probably the best answer so far!! If everyone would just THINK before driving off in a hurry, driving off distracted etc, everyone would be MUCH safer!

On a personal note...I had planned with Tod (way back) to attend the Geocoinfest...we had planned to make the trip on the bikes and camp out for the weekend! After Tod's death, I had thought hard about going anyway and had kept working on the planning for this trip. Well, my brakes said NO go (no money for the trip as I need to fix the brakes on my Jeep) and I am sitting here today sad as all get out!

The event wasn't my main reason to complete this trip (but was a nice destination), I haven't ever taken a LONG ride on the bike and this was to be our first. Tod was always the one who would "push" me to do things I have concern about, he would give me the courage (mainly by picking on me until I was too mad to care lolol)...I wanted to prove that I could do this and make the trip alone (with Tod as my co-pilot). Well, won't happen now. Tod was always the safe rider, he would take it slow even when I was in a "rush" to get going. Tod would keep me safe without even saying a word, his actions made me a safer rider...pay attention to your riding mates my friends, they often help to keep us protected. I now have NO riding mates and it's sooo sad. :D:blink::o My riding has changed a lot, but...

One of these days Tod....

Sorry...back to your previously scheduled programming.

Well...this time I will say...

Behave well and respect the other drivers like you were in their possition!

what I mean! Many drivers do things to others that I am sure they wouldn't like someone else to do to them! They do not respect others, especially bikers, they behave very bad, all the time they use the cars horn (did I wrote it correct? I mean....Biiiip Biiip!!!! :D ) - especially in Greece - like it is something nice, and this may cause accidents!!!

Many do not respect anyone, they do not care for others.... I think itis time this thing to stop!!!

So...Do not do things that you do not like to happen to you while you are driving!!!

Well...this time I will say...

Behave well and respect the other drivers like you were in their possition!

what I mean! Many drivers do things to others that I am sure they wouldn't like someone else to do to them! They do not respect others, especially bikers, they behave very bad, all the time they use the cars horn (did I wrote it correct? I mean....Biiiip Biiip!!!! :D ) - especially in Greece - like it is something nice, and this may cause accidents!!!

Many do not respect anyone, they do not care for others.... I think itis time this thing to stop!!!

So...Do not do things that you do not like to happen to you while you are driving!!!

It is hard to think of new ways to just take a common sense approach to being cautious when in or on a moving vehicle. Anything traveling at any kind of speed decreases your time to react to any situation that arises. The biggest Asset you have is to know how fast you can react to what situation may arise in relationship to the trafic that you find yourself in. The biggest tip would be to know and understand your own limitations and abilities and not to overestimate them.

We had a fellow at work here last year miss a week due to wiping out on his moped on a gravel road, obviously he was going no faster than twenty five miles per hour. But his reaction to what transpired was to slow to prevent the circumstance.

Because I live in an amish community It is important for me to always be on the look out for the buggies & Bikes that can turn up in the road around any corner, you have to think about the possibilities when your moving at any kind of speed. The Guy working next to me ran into a mennonite bicyclist at four AM on a foggy morning, he was not moving fast but a truck vs bicycle he did not need to be.

It would be wrong for me to blame buggies and bikes as these folks need to get to work also and I need to allow enough time for delays.

In a nutshell

Only I can prevent accidents.

I am the only one responsible for my Driving.

Others are safer when I drive Safely.

Fill in your own catch phrase for you....

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I came up to an intersection where a vehicle turned coming at me in the opposite lane. The car behind that car jumped up to the stop and then started "edging" her way forward. I couldn't tell if she saw me or not and wasn't sure what the (*& she was doing, I thought she might pull in front of me even though I was only about 5 seconds from the intersection.

I wonder if she understood why my wave was missing 3 fingers when I "saluted" her driving skills?? Oh...and OF COURSE she was on the cell phone!!

People often seem agitated when I slow going toward intersections...maybe they should put themselves in our shoes just once and realize we have to anticipate what they are thinking (or lack thereof).

ROLLING STOPS KILL! :D:grin:;)

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I activated one!!!!

TB1A7KD!

The page doesn't look as pretty as others, I don't know how to do it! Thank you for releasing this geocoin for me Roddy!

Don't feel bad, I don't know how either! lol

You are most welcome my friend, I hope you have great fun watching this coin travel!! Remember, still time to release more should you want to! The more, the better chance of winning more prizes!!

It is hard to think of new ways to just take a common sense approach to being cautious when in or on a moving vehicle. Anything traveling at any kind of speed decreases your time to react to any situation that arises. The biggest Asset you have is to know how fast you can react to what situation may arise in relationship to the trafic that you find yourself in. The biggest tip would be to know and understand your own limitations and abilities and not to overestimate them.

We had a fellow at work here last year miss a week due to wiping out on his moped on a gravel road, obviously he was going no faster than twenty five miles per hour. But his reaction to what transpired was to slow to prevent the circumstance.

Because I live in an amish community It is important for me to always be on the look out for the buggies & Bikes that can turn up in the road around any corner, you have to think about the possibilities when your moving at any kind of speed. The Guy working next to me ran into a mennonite bicyclist at four AM on a foggy morning, he was not moving fast but a truck vs bicycle he did not need to be.

It would be wrong for me to blame buggies and bikes as these folks need to get to work also and I need to allow enough time for delays.

In a nutshell

Only I can prevent accidents.

I am the only one responsible for my Driving.

Others are safer when I drive Safely.

Fill in your own catch phrase for you....

OK....this one will win you a coin my friend! I will have to search through my coins and find you one, but I LOVE this answer and feel it should be awarded! Expect an email soon my friend!! My only request is that you put this part in your coin's message!

WELL DONE!!!

I try to understand the bike and rider and guage what or how they will react as I am moving past or towards the cycle. Harley guys tend to just cruise and are a bit layed back. the crotch rocket kids like to zip a bit more through traffic so they need special precautions when coming up from behind you. The traditional rice burners tend to be economicly inclined riders and are more of a normal driver. everyone on a bike desrves a little more space, and a little more caution.

I prefer Metric Cruiser, but the message is pretty much true! :D

Yesterday, on my way home from work, I came up to an intersection where a vehicle turned coming at me in the opposite lane. The car behind that car jumped up to the stop and then started "edging" her way forward. I couldn't tell if she saw me or not and wasn't sure what the (*& she was doing, I thought she might pull in front of me even though I was only about 5 seconds from the intersection.

I wonder if she understood why my wave was missing 3 fingers when I "saluted" her driving skills?? Oh...and OF COURSE she was on the cell phone!!

People often seem agitated when I slow going toward intersections...maybe they should put themselves in our shoes just once and realize we have to anticipate what they are thinking (or lack thereof).

Oh My.... you faced almost what I was posting here!!!!! She was on the cell phone!!!! :D

Yesterday I saw a guy...a "driver".... He was driving his car, he was speaking on his cell phone, and he was holding a cup of coffee at the same time!!!!! What the..... B) He was trying to keep the car stable by controling the steering wheel with his knees!!!!!!!!

So, what shall I write as a tip, taken from the thing I saw???? :):D:lol:

Oh My.... you faced almost what I was posting here!!!!! She was on the cell phone!!!! :D

Yesterday I saw a guy...a "driver".... He was driving his car, he was speaking on his cell phone, and he was holding a cup of coffee at the same time!!!!! What the..... B) He was trying to keep the car stable by controling the steering wheel with his knees!!!!!!!!

So, what shall I write as a tip, taken from the thing I saw???? :(:(:lol:

Speaking on the cell and holding a cup of coffee...multi-tasking should be left at home or wherever you are capable to so fo safely! I wish the PTB would pass a law banning such actions (I know, never happen), people don't realize how dangerous these actions can be for others! I was hit (while driving my car a long time ago) by a lady who was putting on make-up and brushing her hair...all while steering with her knee?? She was spending more time looking in the mirror than at the road! She never even knew she had hit me, she just kept on going until I chased her down and MADE her stop. :):D:(

This post will count my friend, you are good to go!! :) I posted that merely to point out the dangers we riders see every day! This wasn't the first time someone has made me take wonder in what they're next action will be, it happens more than we care to think of! The thing that bothered me wasn't so much the phone (but that's completely unacceptable IMHO), but the fact that, until I got to her, I couldn't tell if it was someone paying attention or some kid (as this is the major rolling stop group around here) in a dangerous hurry!

My tip for all of you is this...DON'T make us guess at what you're next move will be. Don't edge up as we are approaching as we can't tell if you're just impatient or didn't see us. Making us decide if we need to take action is EXACTLY how Tod was killed! Always use turn signals whether behind us, in front of us or at an intersection....guessing what you are doing causes us to take attention from other possible dangers. When waiting for us to pass so you can turn onto an intersection, keep your wheels straight in case the person behind you hits you...if wheels are turned, you might go into oncoming traffic (and if the oncoming traffic is a bike, it could be disastrous).

I could go on and on, I'll stop as I might take someone's answer! IF anyone's answer was one of these, please post it anyway, it'll count!

Oh...and stay the (&^ off our tails, we HATE that above all! There's plenty of road out there, use it!

Well, I saw a girl on her cell in left hand, cigarette in right hand and I did NOT see WHAT hand was on the steering wheel :grin::D

In our state, it is against the law to hand hold your cell while talking on it and Texting is diffinately illegal here - but you see it still going on.

SO, don't "multi task" while driving! (that also includes applying make-up and shaving)

"I wish the PTB would pass a law banning such actions."

We have laws for this and yet people still do it because I think it is the old saying it won't happen to me. Until something happens to you or someone you know that is the mindset. They need to know it can happen to them and a split second can change their life or the life of someone else forever. When you realize that you are more aware of what you are doing and know what is going on around you.

No rage it just amazes me, that's all . Of course it is against the law but one of those secondary tickets like seat belts.

Maine has made it a violation just like speeding or any of the other ones. They have even sent people to prison for manslaughter if someone died and it is highly publicized so we know it can happen. But the police are understaffed and underfunded so there isn't much enforcement which is why it continues. But to keep this on topic, Remember you share the road and with the economy it isn't only motorcycles, it is scooters, mopeds, bicycles and walkers. They aren't going to go fast and be flashy so be courteous and pass with care. Never pass on the right. That is where they would go if they thought you was going to pass.