Geo Admin site down

Lizzy

I just received this when I went to my home page..."This account has been suspended - please contact our billing department". Ouch. I've used this as my jump off point for geocaching stuff for 2+ years. Anyone else who uses this - have any ideas as to what happened?

;);)

Sorry about that folks. I got a new credit card a few months ago and canceled the old one. I have my website host set for yearly renewal and it's been automatic the last 3 years so it totally skipped my mind to update my records there. I have the same page mentioned above as my home page so when I first opened my browser this morning I saw the same problem and got it fixed.

Sorry about that folks. I got a new credit card a few months ago and canceled the old one. I have my website host set for yearly renewal and it's been automatic the last 3 years so it totally skipped my mind to update my records there. I have the same page mentioned above as my home page so when I first opened my browser this morning I saw the same problem and got it fixed.

Here I was drafting a long message about you being a cheap b*rd :anicute:

Gee I was gone all day long (not caching, unfortunately) and all hell breaks loose :ph34r:

I just checked my host's support site and there is a note from 6:30 a.m. saying that the "server is currently offline due to some emergency maintenance." They apparently finished sometime during the day since it seems to be working fine now.

Emergency maintenance is not limited to Groundspeak, it seems :rolleyes:

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Lil Devil

Now that the Geo Admin site is humming nicely along again, here's something that can be done to provide a backup for the rare occasions when the site is not available.

1. While viewing the Geo Admin site, select File, Save Page As (or Control+S)

2. Choose a folder and enter a file name like My Dashboard or whatever you like

3. Save as type: Web Page, complete

4. Go to the folder where the file was saved, create a shortcut for the file, and place that on your desktop

The saved page will have all of the links including those you may have added, and can be used if the Geo Admin site is unavailable.

I swapped emails with Lil devil. He's having issues with the host.

Since we're about to enter a holiday weekend, I suggest that you all consider alternative methods of storing your links and accessing your data for a few days. Then again, the egg farmers might be happy with nuking their meals while working on the technical difficulties. :laughing:

I swapped emails with Lil devil. He's having issues with the host.

Since we're about to enter a holiday weekend, I suggest that you all consider alternative methods of storing your links and accessing your data for a few days. Then again, the egg farmers might be happy with nuking their meals while working on the technical difficulties. :laughing:

Many thanks for the update. I considered sending email to Lil Devil but didn't want to hassle him since I thought a bunch of folks might have the same thought. I also thought he might be out of town for the holidays and unaware of the issue or unable to take care of it until he returned.

They finally replaced the contrary server with a new one, so hopefully these recurring down times should be a thing of the past.

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Thanks for all you do. This is definitely one of my favorite little sites! I visit it as often as I visit GC.com. In fact, the vast majority of my visits to gc.com start with your site!