Banned Cacher!

A more careful search would reveal that there are still limits on free speech--You simply cannot say whatever you want to whoever you choose whenever you please without regard to consequence. Simply put, your right to free speech (or indeed any action) ends at my right not to be abused.

A good example is perjury--It is illegal to deliberately lie in court.

Limitations on freedom of speech may include:

* threats

* profanity

* obscenity

* defamation of character (slander or libel)

* inciting a riot or any kind of hate mongering (attempting to promote harm to some particular group)

* speaking out of turn in a civic forum (i.e. "not having the floor")

* talking about a legal situation after a gag order is in place

* noise pollution (preventing others from being able to communicate)

* giving away protected information (i.e. company secrets, political strategies, etc) by an insider

* giving away classified information (i.e. military secrets)

Thank you for the list.

After reading it, I've decided to ban Vinny permanently from the forums.

:D

Just what the HECK are you talking about? You're crazy! The record shows, plain as day, that I haven't threatened anyone's life in over two months, and I have not launched a denial of service attack against the Groundspeak server in over six months (well, okay, five months, maybe a bit less, but the same general principle holds...), and, if you will recall, the grand jury refused to return an indictment against me for the so-called murder of that forum member who disagreed with me, and so I was never formally charged with anything. So, give me some space, some breathing room here, like, gimme some slack, guy!

Sheesh! Like, get real! :huh:

:D

Hi Sue. Did you do like I told you?

Kinda, but I thought you weren't going to say anything! :)

I used gorilla tape instead of duck tape for the extra strength and I wrapped it around Vinny's head covering his mouth 10 times (once was not enough, he got out of that in 3 seconds flat). I also strapped his fingers togther (both hands)... he's gonna have trouble typing. Errr, I think I better dash out to the store for more gorilla tape. Yeah, a whole box of the stuff.

:)

Sue

Vinny & Sue Team

I would like to appologize to everyone as I was unaware that my "incredibly inane and asinine (but self-serving...) claims" were "less well-informed but highly-opinionated".

I guess somebody that lives in Maryland would know King County,Washington States Laws better than the rest of us.They probably even know the Forum Guidelines so well that they would never cross the line & violate any of them by making a general attack on a person or idea.

Since I now know that this one person is just so much better than me I suppose I should just wish everyone the very best & let you all have your "private" forum back.

I would like to appologize to everyone as I was unaware that my "incredibly inane and asinine (but self-serving...) claims" were "less well-informed but highly-opinionated".

I guess somebody that lives in Maryland would know King County,Washington States Laws better than the rest of us.They probably even know the Forum Guidelines so well that they would never cross the line & violate any of them by making a general attack on a person or idea.

Since I now know that this one person is just so much better than me I suppose I should just wish everyone the very best & let you all have your "private" forum back.

Thank you