Mimbres Geocoin

crake

If anyone is interested in seeing the LE Mimbres that I got, go to this -> LE Mimbres I did not want to spoil the surprise for anyone if they don't want to see before they get them.

So that's four of the six. ;) Any idea what the other two are? I red a possibility? I'd love to trade one of my two for a red one. :P If there is a red one, that is... ^_^

CF30

Well there is supposed to be a purple, but I have not seen it. The 6th color must be super secret.

LOL I thought your fourth picture WAS the purple one but upon closer inspection, I see that it is not. Brown? And shiny silver or gold?

Nice pic, Sunrayers, thanks. :)

May the sixth color be soon revealed! :unsure:

CF30

I didn't want to post and ruin the "mystery" of the LE's for Chris but guess it doesn't matter too much now lol

I got a blue, red, and purchased a yellow or orange (not quite sure) on ebay. Just sharing a picture of the red.... :unsure:

redmimbresfront.jpg

redmimbresback.jpg

Edited by BVnLJ

OOh! I don't suppose you'd like to trade the red one, would you? I have some spare Dragonfly Talisman coins coming... ^_^

CF30

So sorry Sarah but I collect Chris' coins and don't really don't want to part with it. Trying to figure out how to get the other three I missed out on sigh

I feel so guilty now :unsure:

Edited by BVnLJ

I didn't want to post and ruin the "mystery" of the LE's for Chris but guess it doesn't matter too much now lol

I got a blue, red, and purchased a yellow or orange (not quite sure) on ebay. Just sharing a picture of the red.... :unsure:

redmimbresfront.jpg

redmimbresback.jpg

That's very pretty, is it translucent or regular enamel, I'm not quite sure?

Color list - LE's were polished nickel with 1 of the following translucent enamel fills:

Purple

Green

Yellow

Gray (some people see it as a brownish color)

Blue

Red

All had black text.

The yellow and red are VERY yellow and red. The other 4 colors are more earthy in appearance.

So - when this all settles down I'd love feedback on whether this was a good idea or not - the hope was this would encourage trading!

If I would have known that this is how it was going to work, I would have ordered 6 sets lol. It's something my mom "taught" me. Everything comes in a set and you should buy them as a set and of course you should buy two of each set in case one of the pieces goes missing or gets broken :unsure: Thankfully I just "need" only one set of something.

I can't see a lot of trading going on for these because of the limit and distribution of the LE coins. I think for those who just buy to "ebay only' will be selling theirs and that's how those of us who are anal (crazy) enough will pay for them

So - when this all settles down I'd love feedback on whether this was a good idea or not - the hope was this would encourage trading!

I thought it was a good idea. I liked the mystery of not knowing the finish on all of the coins. This was also a win-win situation for me because I absolutely love the white and black one. So I would have traded my LE for something down the road if I hadn't gotten my favorite color in the world-Green!

This set of coins actually got me out of geocoin retirement. I'm not sure whether to say thanks or not on that one! :unsure:

OOh! I don't suppose you'd like to trade the red one, would you? I have some spare Dragonfly Talisman coins coming... :)

CF30

I happen to have a red one that I would gladly trade for a talisman dragonfly! still interested? send me an email or PM ;)

PM sent!! :P

And for Crake: I love surprises. They are fun & exciting. I love translucents. I also love antiqued finishes, tho & this coin is made for antiqued finishes. I would love to see some more editions of these in some of the other antiqued finishes. :unsure: (but that's just me ^_^ )

CF30

Wow!

If I knew before about the different LE versions, maybe I would have reserved some more...

I actually ordered two, because I wanted to have one for me and one for trade, but now, after having seen those pictures, I don't think I can let one of them go...

My two Coins are not here yet (they need some time to jump over the great pond :-) ), an I'm so curious, which colours I will find in my package! I LOVE surprises!

Color list - LE's were polished nickel with 1 of the following translucent enamel fills:

Purple

Green

Yellow

Gray (some people see it as a brownish color)

Blue

Red

All had black text.

The yellow and red are VERY yellow and red. The other 4 colors are more earthy in appearance.

I like the idea.

I grew up in the Mimbres area as stated.

I also know that there was a World Trade Center for the Native American Mimbreno's (Mimbres) culture on the Mimbres River where I lived.

That trading center has been known to have discoveries of Ancient Beads from across the Sea.

Abalone,Garnets and many other things that were from distant places and traded for at this Center.

The Mimbres Indians (from "Mimbreno," the willow people) called the Silver City river valleys home around A.D. 1000. They produced remarkable black-on-white pottery, with a sophistication and intricacy of design seldom rivaled in all the centuries of Southwestern pottery making. Like their neighbors, the Hohokam, to the west, or the Anasazi, to the north, the Mimbres people vanished mysteriously in the early centuries of the second millennium???????

It is on private land but I have seen the Pots that came out of there and there are many designs that are just awesome.

I also just got back from north of there and visited some Petroglyphs and other places.

Even Geronimo made good friends with the Mimbreno:

Mimbres and Geronimo

Mangas Coloradas (Red Sleeves) was a Membreno.

Mangas Coloradas

Oh well to much for some not enough for others.

All I know is that I reserved at least 1 set ( perhaps 2?) and got a letter saying that I was basically SOL :huh:

I feel the need to add that today, I went and purchased the regular one I just felt that it was the principal of the whole thing. Perhaps, I didn't follow the topic well enough. ( sorry, sometimes I am a little stupid in these ways.)

--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Chris Rake <service@crakephoto.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [CRAKE] Mimbres Reservation

To:

Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 8:53 PM

Greetings,

Thanks for your reservation. At this time Combo reservations are being

placed onto a wait list. Typically a percentage of reservations are not

converted into orders and so it is likely that coins will be available.

However you may need to wait around 2 weeks. I will let you know once

reservations are released.

Thanks!

+Chris

----- Original Message -----

To: <service@crakephoto.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:55 AM

Subject: [CRAKE] Mimbres Reservation

> Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by

> on Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 02:55:37

>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> Name:

>

> GCName: Fairyhoney

>

> MIMBRES_COMBO: 2

>

> MIMBRES_BLACK: 0

>

> MIMBRES_BRONZE: 0

>

> Submit: Submit

>

Then, I get this:

Greetings,

Well the bad news is the LE's have all sold out. The good news is the RE

(black nickel and antiqued bronze) will be around for a while. So you can

go ahead and place an order now at http://crakephoto.com/store for the

regular edition. Note that our stock is low at the moment, but more regular

edition coins are on their way and should ship out within 2 weeks.

+Chris

Edited by fairyhoney