Colorado Springs - Pikes Cave Cache Challenge

Phoenix2001

Pikes Cave Cache Challenge

Dave, the outdoor reporter for the Colorado Springs Gazette, needs someone to go along with him on a challenging geocaching adventure. This adventure is about finding caches and the clues they contain on Ormes Peak, Mt. Esther, near Howard's Rock, Mt. Arthur, and Gray Back Peak. Next you complete the clues to get the coordinates for Pikes Cave Cache and go find it.

The goal is to do it in one day. Note that it is easier to find a cache in daylight.

The hiking (and running?) involved will total about 25 miles, depending on which routes are taken, and about 9,000 feet of elevation gain.

If you don't mind being in a story in the paper and you are fit enough to do this, let me know.

If you can't do it for one reason or another but know someone who can, please let them know about this challenge.

I volunteer cirrus and K2

I sent an email... no response, yet. That would be a really tough day. Skip Mt Arthur, and it would be just a tough day.

So far I haven't received that email. Try danderson2004 [at] hotmail.com.

Yes, it's a tough day. Dave runs the Pikes Peak Ascent so it'll be a somewhat "easy" day for him.