Explorist 500le and Mapsend Topo

I have an Explorist 500le and Mapsend Topo that I purchased about 6 months ago. Im looking to sell, Id like to get 150.00 plus shipping, but I dont know what its worth. I thought half price was a good deal but Ive been checking these threads and am not sure now. I have all the paperwork and boxes that it came in. I also have a Gilsson case and a 1gb Crucial sd card. It works perfectly and has no marks on it. I have pics to send if anyone is interested.

I also have a Magellan Map330, in perfect condition that includes a Magellan cover, Mapsend streets, and Mapsend Topo, all paperwork and cable. I have no idea what thats work either, and I have pics of it as well.

If anyone is interested or can tell me what I should expect to get out of them I would be greatful.

Thanks

CC

If anyone is interested or can tell me what I should expect to get out of them I would be greatful.

I'm the biggest cheapskate around here - really - so I'll tell you how I would price them.

Go to eBay and log in. Go to search page and use advanced search for comparable items - COMPLETED LISTINGS ONLY. Not current listings, because a lot of asking prices are ridiculous and the items don't sell. That's why you check completed listings that actually did sell -- that's the price the market will bear.

If there's a range, shoot for the lower third of that range here and you'll probably get a nibble or two. Don't expect to recover anything for the price of accessories - they might make the package more attractive to a buyer and help close a deal, but they hardly ever recover even a tiny fraction of their purchase price.

So...

By that kind of pricing, you could probably get around $100-$120 for your full used 500LE package. Look at completed auction 250276918919 as an example.

A wild card in the 500LE hand is that some of the later production models are not able to receive WAAS and I'm told there's a problem in updating the firmware. Check what firmware version you have and if it can receive WAAS signals - be sure to mention it in your posting because it makes a difference to many buyers.

Next...

The Map 330 is a little tricker. No longer in production, no support, no longer capable of receiving WAAS and no firmware upgrades ever likely to fix that. Even so, a couple have sold for around $35 recently, and one went for $65 (+$15 shipping!). There's one born every minute, I guess. A couple more are currently listed for $25-$30 (plus $10 shipping) at the moment, will be interesting to see how high they go

I don't mean to diss the 330 though, it's an EXCELLENT unit and I think at $35 or so it'd be a good deal for the buyer and the seller.

Best of luck to you...

This post is WAY too long, sorry. Too much after-dinner coffee :anibad:

Edited by lee_rimar