How can I get my caches adopted?

Enspyer

If this post is not in the right place, not on topic, or I should look at some previously written guide about this, please just let me know and delete it! I am all about forum etiquette.

I have not been active in geocaching for a few years now. Now I'm leaving for college and I would like to put up some (two or three) geocaches for adoption. I feel it is particularly important that two of them are adopted because I myself adopted them after the death of a local geocacher, and so they're really not mine to be fooling around with (or so I feel.) What is the general policy for this, and what should I be doing?

Consider that the last time I logged a found cache was in 2006, and I was mostly active 2003-2005. Whatever the protocols were back then, that is what I know. Treat me almost like a muggle if you try to explain. Oh, and this also means I'm pretty much out of the local geocaching social loop. I know who I would have asked three years ago, but I'm sure there is some turnover.

Thanks for any help you can give me! :(

If this post is not in the right place, not on topic, or I should look at some previously written guide about this, please just let me know and delete it! I am all about forum etiquette.

I have not been active in geocaching for a few years now. Now I'm leaving for college and I would like to put up some (two or three) geocaches for adoption. I feel it is particularly important that two of them are adopted because I myself adopted them after the death of a local geocacher, and so they're really not mine to be fooling around with (or so I feel.) What is the general policy for this, and what should I be doing?

Consider that the last time I logged a found cache was in 2006, and I was mostly active 2003-2005. Whatever the protocols were back then, that is what I know. Treat me almost like a muggle if you try to explain. Oh, and this also means I'm pretty much out of the local geocaching social loop. I know who I would have asked three years ago, but I'm sure there is some turnover.

Thanks for any help you can give me! :(

I'd contact some of the people who have caches placed in the area and see if they're interested in adopting it. Post a note on the geocaches themselves. If someone wants to adopt it, then go to http://www.geocaching.com/adopt/

Thanks! I wasn't sure if there was some sort of clearinghouse I should be posting them on or not, like the classifieds.

That adopting page is something new to me though. I will send off a few emails now. And posting a note on the actual caches wasn't something I'd even thought of.

If anyone else has suggestions about this, I'll keep checking back in this thread!

If you haven't already, post a note on the page saying the cache is up for adoption. You may also try posting in your local geocaching club's forums or in the regional forums here on this site. Report your thread (using the Report button) and ask it to be moved there if you wish.