Need THE cache for #1000. Suggestions?

pafarmboy

I need a REALLY memorable one for #1000. Done APE cache, Original stash and State Gamelands 109 (I'm from PA). If you had to suggest THE cache to do for #1000, what would it be? I'd be willing to fly within the US, scheduled for #1000 around Christmas, so I will have vacation time. Thoughts?

Thanks.

PAFARMBOY

I need a REALLY memorable one for #1000. Done APE cache, Original stash and State Gamelands 109 (I'm from PA). If you had to suggest THE cache to do for #1000, what would it be? I'd be willing to fly within the US, scheduled for #1000 around Christmas, so I will have vacation time. Thoughts?

Thanks.

PAFARMBOY

There's a really awesome micro in a lamp post skirt at our Walmart...

Okay, so maybe that's not a #1,000. So how about cache GCRCT5? It is one that a lot of folks in our area consider a milestone cache, and one that we might consider for #1,000 (we're at 840 right now).

Good luck!

Here are few you might like:

especially after your The Gold Bug which I recommend to anyone that makes there way to Western PA.

Cerebral Codex Seems like a very extreme puzzle cache....I would go if the timing was right like x-mas break :(

Earth, Wind, Water, Fire More of a hiking cache with different hides.

Elvis ConfluenceThis is the oldest active cache in VA on top of a nice ridge...Very nice views up there...You might be able to make this trip in a long weekend....Plan on it taking about 5 hours.

Tube Torcher II This just seems like plain ole fun.....We were going to try this as a group this August but it appears as though everyone is busy...and plus I am in PA right now...

Edited by steel city babes

I did the PA Delorme Challenge for my 1000th. Of course, if you're too close to 1000 already that might not work out.

Ever do the Thousand Steps cache in Huntingdon County? Lots of people make that their 1000th cache, and it's one of my favorite caches in the state.

If you're talking anywhere in the country, well, I'm sure there are lots of great ones out there that I'm not aware of.

Since you would consider flying. Why not fly for some adventure beyond one cache?

Fly into Reno, rent a 4WD Jeep and head south on HWY 395 until you get to Mono Lake.

You will encounter some of the most interesting terrain in the world between Lee Vining and Bishop Ca. And guess what? I have dozens of great caches (back meet pat) and there are hundreds more in the area. Many of my caches are on the favorites lists of cachers with over 10k & 20k finds!

But don't take my word for it. Read the logs and look at the pictures. Then look at all the other caches in the area. I spend at least a month in this area every year and I'm lucky enough to have family there. Oh, and Yosemite is just around the corner too.

A Claustrophobic's Nightmare/Just Say NO to Crack

66f1ba4b-c5b7-4a2a-8f3f-5c609c24aa04.jpg

Hardcore Sunrise or Sunset

3918340a-d43b-406a-ad03-d679947d7241.jpg

Ode to Ranboze and bthomas

The guy in this shot has over 28,000 finds. :)

4912ee72-36c7-41bb-9478-bb0625f3f223.jpg

The Secret Dirty Golfball Graveyard in the Sky

ae655b47-09c4-48f7-a7ce-f45af971b9dc.jpg

Fortress of Solitude

9411623e-cbe8-438f-b66b-8bf864974019.jpg

The FrogStar (West)

90574290-d5b6-4fb9-9814-710918141187.jpg

The folks in the above picture are the hosts (Monkeybrad and Scoot) of next year's GeoWoodstock VII. They flew into Reno from Tennessee and rented a jeep. Guess where they went before heading to GW6? :) My blatant self promotion of my caches inspired another group find and about a 180 mile detour to GW6. Their whole party let me know how much they enjoyed the adventure at GW6 and they only did 3 of my caches. :ph34r:

This picture seems to show how much Monkeybrad liked it. :D56263e03-753d-49b5-be3b-f4e4ad5b9b7b.jpg

I got to see the smile on his face as he told me about it. :huh:

Too bad you're talking Christmastime. That would be a bad time for the cache I was going to suggest.

It's only accessible during the summertime, after an approximately 7 mile hike out of Seward, AK. But you get rewarded with an amazing view and the chance to explore a WWII outpost.

I will do that one next summer, hopefully it will be a milestone cache.

Too bad you're talking Christmastime. That would be a bad time for the cache I was going to suggest.

It's only accessible during the summertime,

Doh! I skimmed past that little tidbit. Okay, you can still do mine, but bring cross-country skis, a shovel, and an ice ax. :):huh::ph34r:

Edited by Snoogans

Thanks.

PAFARMBOY

You are always welcome to come to the Frederick MD area and tackle one of our tougher Psycho Urban Caches! Or, you would visit the ID/WY border and tackle Psycho Backcountry Cache #3 - Bitch Creek Crossing!

Incidentally, speaking of milestones, when I returned home recently from my consulting trip to Malaysia, my wife advised me that one of my three cache finds while in Malaysia had, entirely by accident, been our 2,500th find, and that was kinda neat!

Whatever it is, I hope it's memorable and you enjoy it thoroughly.

You write wonderful logs, I've enjoyed your visits to Florida vicariously through the great logs you write (and I especially appreciate your courage in leaving the Sherpa behind out there in the Hampton tract).

I agree totally with IK that whatever it is, I hope you enjoy it a lot!

And, I tend to really like cachers who leave good logs (that is, for caches that are worth such effort) and I tend to do the same!

And lastly, why is IK talking about Sherpa's behinds? Shouldn't matters of that type be discussed in the "Sexual Materials in Caches" thread instead? :ph34r:

I appreciate all the feedback and suggestions. Right now I am leaning towards Tube Torcher. However, I have added several of the others mentioned to the TODO list I have bookmarked.

Ironically, Mono Lake is a ecosystem we talk about in my science class (I teach 5th grade). Would be cool to visit the actual place.

Keep those suggestions coming.....

PAFARMBOY

Edited by pafarmboy