2008 INDIANA FALL PICNIC

Deermark

43797937-101d-4777-ae8e-b7abef73bfd9.jpg

This is the group photo from the 2005 Fall Picnic. If you are not in this photo or the 2006 or 2007 photo now is your chance to be one of the Picnicers. The Indiana 2008 Fall Picnic GC19ZEH is Saturday Sept. 6th at Muscatatuck Park in North Vernon. The Friday Night Meet & Greet GC1A1XW is Friday Sept 5th.

The Meet & Greet will include a chili dump, bonfire and night cache. I am told the Night Cache alone is worth coming for.

The Picnic will include a pitch in lunch. A youth challenge modeled after the GeoSurvivor and of course GEOSURVIVOR. BadMajec and myself are the hosts of GEOSURVIVOR this year and I promise it won't be boring. There will also be a bonfire Saturday night.

At 7:30 on Saturday night the Cobblers and Coins Event GC1ERBT will begin. Trade your coins, pathtags signature items etc. This promises to be a fun event.

There is camping on Friday and Saturday nights. The park has graciously reserved all the camping spots for the Fall

Picnic Attendees. Info is on the cache page.

Soon there will be a mess of new caches surrounding North Vernon. Bonfires, pitchins, coin swaps and Geocaching stories will be the order of the weekend. What could be better than this? Dr Who has also donated another beautiful etching to be auctioned. He has outdone himself this year.

The picnic committee has been working hard for a year now to bring you a top notch event. Come join us, bring some friends and if you have a good time tell us so.

Deermark

Edited by Deermark

The picnic committe had the final meeting on Sunday and we are ready to go. It is unbelievable the amount of work that it takes to put on this Event. We also hid a mess of new caches for your caching enjoyment. I am planning on placing some more this weekend. Look for all these new caches to pop up sometime on Labor Day or that Tuesday. I would run a query for North Vernon on Wednesday Sept 3 just to make sure you get all the new ones. Bring on the PICNIC. Repeat after me....NO RAIN....NO RAIN.......

Deermark

Add Torry and IndyDiver to the list. We'll be day-tripping it Saturday.

Hmmmmmm ... what kind of food should I bring? ..... ... something ... spicy ... or sweet? ... hmmmmmm...

Yayh! I gettta see the pig and the big guy ~ It's been too long. I've missed you guys!

Um, Torry, really, you don't have to bring any food, really. No food.

Accept no food from the pig.

92db2f80-d4a5-4d6f-8697-ea9c2e1dc462.jpg

Another Fall Picnic has come and gone. I can honestly say that this was by far the best ever. Every aspect of the weekend was perfect. Sure there can still be some tweaking here and there but there always is at an event this size. Thanks to all of the planning team for their dedication to making this the best ever. A special thanks to all of the attendees. You guys are what makes all the work worth it.

I remember one day this winter when we met at one of the shelters to update progress. It was so cold we lasted about 30 minutes and had to go into town to find a restaurant to warm up. I never want to eat at Pizza Hut in North Vernon again. We had a ball trying out the Geosurvivor games. We might have prevented some injuries by this preview.

The planning committee has already started work on the 2009 Picnic and I am excited all over again. I can see it being better than 2008 although that will be tough to do.

Deermark

Please allow me the opportunity to publicly express my gratitude to the entire Fall Picnic planning committee.

The 2008 Fall Picnic was the best bash of all. I thought the 2007 couldn't be beat. I was wrong!

GREAT job!

If you missed the picnic, you missed out on a lot of fun.

xoxoxo to the planning committee!!!!!

Please allow me the opportunity to publicly express my gratitude to the entire Fall Picnic planning committee.

The 2008 Fall Picnic was the best bash of all. I thought the 2007 couldn't be beat. I was wrong!

GREAT job!

If you missed the picnic, you missed out on a lot of fun.

xoxoxo to the planning committee!!!!!

Thanks Jeni. We all work so hard to make this an event to remember. Now the problem is how to top it. Don't worry though. We are already working on it.

Deermark