Little Quest Update

While checking up on some old caches I was keeping an eye on, I remembered about the Little Quest.

I see a few have found the final cache, and a few names keep cropping up on some of the set, but I thought I would ask if you are trying to find the whole set, and if you are when do you anticipate finishing it?

Also, are you enjoying them and on average are they good caches to find?

I'm up to 15 now and am really enjoying the challenge. I particularly liked Herefordshire, West Yorkshire and Bedfordshire which all do a good job of showing off their respective counties. If I am travelling out of the area I will try and do the nearest LQ cache but it will be years before I get round to doing the ones in London and the South East (if ever).

Incidentally does anyone know if any of the online maps available coincide with the LQ counties? I quite fancied adding a map on my profile page with LQ counties completed.

We are only up to 23 so far :) . Just back from a week below London and got all those we had not yet found from Northamptonshire to Essex. :ph34r: Still got to get those in the North East and then a long trip down the M5 to Cornwall to pick up all those in that corridor. Plus a scattering of them within a couple of hours.

Edgemaster had a site with an LQ league table and a map but it is not updating although it says it is! It has us listed as finding Norfolk twice when we only found it once

Mostly they are of good quality a couple were ok though, but none have been below average! Best for us so far are Shropshire, Surrey and West Yorkshire (got that on the way to the Mega Event) hoping we can take a trip to Lincoln this weekend to get Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire, we will definately have another two by the end of the month.

So I reckon we could complete by spring next year! :huh:

Edgemaster had a site with an LQ league table and a map but it is not updating although it says it is! It has us listed as finding Norfolk twice when we only found it once

Interesting. Thanks very much. It doesn't look mine has updated either. One of the ones it says I haven't done is Cheshire where I live. There may be an issue with the fact that it's been re-located. The other two are ones I have done in the last 3 weeks. Agree with you about Shropshire, it's very good.

LQ Durham is particularly good :ph34r:

I keep being told there is a big hole near to it that everyone keeps falling down (I am sure it was not there when we hid the cache.) :)

BTW we went to do a maintenance check on it a few weeks back and it took us ages to find our own cache, its amazing how much the area changes from Summer to Winter, and how much 6 foot nettles hurt :)

M :huh:

I am up to 36 now. Most of these were as a by-product of travelling round the country for work. Unfortunately I don't often have a need to go to the areas missing so far (North and SW) so I will have to plan some weekends away. I would have liked to complete it within a year - the first one I got was on 17th December last year - but I don't think that will happen.

My favourite so far is Shropshire.

LQ Durham is particularly good :laughing:

I keep being told there is a big hole near to it that everyone keeps falling down (I am sure it was not there when we hid the cache.) :D

BTW we went to do a maintenance check on it a few weeks back and it took us ages to find our own cache, its amazing how much the area changes from Summer to Winter, and how much 6 foot nettles hurt :P

M :)

The nettles don't hurt as much as the hole, though. :D

I didn't cause the hole either, I just discovered it first. Ahem. :P

I think L8HNB are getting very close now!! All the caches are currently in action and maintained I believe, which is brill.

Hope the BIG QUEST gets a kick start, too :laughing:

LQ Merseyside is currently out of action...

New location has been sought and I hope to get permission tomorrow (I know the warden there and I have other caches there!!) and get it up and running ovwer the next week... .Henry and Linda badgered me about it at the Mega!!!

Hadn't noticed this thread, will try and see whats wrong with the LQ Charts soon..

Turns out the email account it was using for updates had been disabled without me knowing about it :P

It up to date until to about mid-June, I'll have to see what I can do to get the missing logs (although I was already missing the early logs, which is why pklong and others have such low find counts :laughing: )

Edited by Edgemaster

I think L8HNB are getting very close now!! All the caches are currently in action and maintained I believe, which is brill.

As PUP says, we are getting close and hope to get even closer this coming week-end with a trip to the SE for Essex, Kent and E Sussex followed by Gtr London and City.

I've been having a quick look at the cache status and note that Gtr London has a DNF posted, it also seems to have had only a few visits recently, folks not logging DNF's?

So, heres the plea - would anyone in the area, or passing, have a quick check to see if it is there, if so thats great, if not we will put the trip off for a while until it is!

Our thanks in anticipation, L & H.

Merseyside is still down....

Unfortunately life outside of caching has taken over and I'm flat out for the next week in paint, new doors, gloss and wall tiles.

Once I'm done, the cache will be re set.

S'ok - hope to get up to the Rivi Event on the 14th Sept so if its up we'll call on the way up on the Friday or Saturday, depending on above............

I guess these are new hobbies then? :huh::(