Ebay Benefit Auctions for Tod

LadyBee4T

Many of you have emailed me to ask about donating coins etc for Tod's family to help with the funeral expenses. Tod died tragically yesterday in a motorcycle accident when a truck turned in front of him and he was thrown from his bike. I think that it is absolutely wonderful how so many of you have inquired. Rod has been in contact with Tod's family and they are aware that we are trying to raise some money for them.

If you don't sell on ebay but would like to help I would be more than happy to list them for you and you can send them to me. If you do sell on ebay I would suggest putting in the title TOD so we all know that this is for his family and of course in the description too. Other benefit auctions have been pulled by ebay so I have tried to avoid using the words benefit and donate and so far have been lucky. Anyone who does list something for the family let me know and I will tell you where to send the money.

I would suggest also to put a link in this thread for any trackable coins you have listed. If you have any questions email me thorugh my profile. Thanks so much

I would like to add my THANKS for being such a caring family, you all really inspire me! I've spent the last two days trying not to break down just thinking about Tod, it's hard....but it's even harder for his 9 yr old son Justin, his 19 yr old son Todie Jr and his mom Louise. As Louise came up to me Tuesday evening, she cried out "He's taken our buddy Rod, How can he take such a good person".

Louise has asked me to THANK everyone in the community, she is amazed that people could care as has been evidenced here! Not many of you have really even heard of Tod, he's mostly a "silent" partner to our caching team, but he was a brother to me....someone I could always depend on and always look to. Tod wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he had wisdom which could pull us through most any situation! He was my friend, my brother and someone I looked up to.

As I put it last night, some *^^% (*&^* pulls out in front of him and BAM, the end of a great life! What a waste!!

Well, now I got a call from my mom and I'm right back to tears so I'm just going to THANK everyone! If anyone has any questions, please email LB4T or myself, just don't expect a quick response from me as I might be pre-occupied, sorry.

There's already an auction up and running for Tod, the MWGB Mystery Parrot has given a set of their coins to benefit Tod. These coins are non-trackable, so I cannot post the link, please search for MWGB Mystery Parrot if you'd like to bid!

THANKS to all who've sent condolences, bid or donated, it really helps! I've passed on all messages received so far, the family is amazed and thankful for all of your supporting words and kind gestures!

PLEASE, remember that we on the motorcycles are out there! We may be harder to see, especially for those "in a hurry"...please watch for bikes on the roads! As for us on the bikes, remember that others don't always see us, BE SAFE! Tod made a split-second reaction to a dangerous situation and lost control, it can happen in the blink of an eye. BE CAREFUL, BE SAFE!!!

THE BIKER*

I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.

But, you didn't see me, put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you, pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.

But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you, change your mind about going into the restaurant.

But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you, roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by.

But, you didn't see me, riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.

But, you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you, stare at my long hair.

But, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you, roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves.

But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none.

I saw you, look in fright at my tattoos.

But, you didn't see me, cry as my children were born and have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you, change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.

But, you didn't see me, going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.

But, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.

But, you didn't see me, pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe behind me.

I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.

But, you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you, race down the road in the rain.

But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you, run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.

But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.

I saw you, cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.

But, you didn't see me, leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.

But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you, go home to your family.

But, you didn't see me.

Because, I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family.

But, you didn't see me.

Re-post this around in hopes that people will understand the biker community.

If you don't re-post this, It sucks to be you. I hope you never loose someone that rides.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US, RESPECT OUR RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE AND TAKE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS TO BE SURE WE'RE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY – LIVE TO RIDE . . . . RIDE TO LIVE

May you rest in peace Tod

Good luck with the auctions...

i dont know most of you on here well enough, but i have encountered alot of generosity from many of you, helping me out with a simple hobby want and advice, and helping out many brothers and sisters in the geocaching community.

i didnt know tod and i dont really know rocking roddy. but my heart goes out to the close friends and family of tod and to roddy also.

that is a very powerful poem i have just read and i am in floods of tears reading it.

We have just listed 8 coins up on ebay for Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom...The Cachestalkers

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Tod's Family to help with funeral expenses

Hand of Fatima

WEGE

Blazing Trolls

Conundrum Geocoin

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Rockin Roddy to help with his expenses as his dad is in the hospital and trips to see him are expensive

March 2007 Lucky Caches GSC&PC

2008 New Years Coin

June 2007 Alien GSC&PC Geocoin

March Madness 2008 Geoswag Geocoin with matching pin

Tods family and Rod both need our help, we will give 100% of the final auction price to Tod's Family and to Rockin Roddy.

If you have any questions feel free to email us thru our profile.

As a bonus we will add in to each winning bid one of our new Sweetlife pathtags

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

THANKS for the bids everyone, these coins will go directly to the 9 yr old and 19 yr old sons of Tod's! Every little bit will help, THANKS!

Tod's services were today, the church was packed with family, friends, bikers and cachers! The services were followed by a ride around Devil's Lake (where both Tod and myself live) by around 50 or so bikes, I was honored to be among them!

Also THANK-YOU Sweetlife for the contributions both for Tod's family and for myself! MUCH appreciated my friends!! Dad is now out of the hospital and living at home, the money raised will go toward making his home handicap accessible!

Ok... can't link to anything here, but I can say that my user name on ebay is mousekakat and you should be able to find my profile fairly easily...

At Micke's request we've added an auction there. You can search under "TOD" if need be.

I just don't want to get banned...again... so I think this is all I can post!

In any case, we just put two things up to try to help out a little bit!

Micke and Naomi

I have just listed another coin for Tod on ebay--Live to Cache LE. It was donated by hollora and as she said earlier it is a very special coin. Someone who rides a Harley will know the significance. It is a really stunning coin with the orange glitter. I would dearly love to have it so you guys need to bid high and quickly get it out of my price range before I figure out a way to bid on it!

Live to Cache LE Geocoin

I also have a Tommy Trojan coin listed which is doing well but could use more bids!! Tommy gave his permission for this sale.

Tommy Trojan

I hope in the next few days to have more coins listed!

My little auctions, listed under mousekakat, are going nicely, but sure could use a bump!! They end in a couple of days (I think, lol, maybe I should check that again) and all proceeds go to either Rod or Tod's family, depending on the auction that it is!

Naomi :yikes:

You are such a sweetie.

Well, Micke's pretty, round, non-geocaching.com trackable item has sold, 17.50 has been sent to Rod for this item to give to Tod's family.

I wish it was more, but right now it's the best that we could do!

Many thanks to everyone who placed a bid on these, much appreciated!

If there is interest in another one, I can place it up for auction, too, but I need to know that there is interest!

Naomi :)

I have just listed another coin for Tod on ebay--Live to Cache LE. It was donated by hollora and as she said earlier it is a very special coin. Someone who rides a Harley will know the significance. It is a really stunning coin with the orange glitter. I would dearly love to have it so you guys need to bid high and quickly get it out of my price range before I figure out a way to bid on it!

Live to Cache LE Geocoin

I also have a Tommy Trojan coin listed which is doing well but could use more bids!! Tommy gave his permission for this sale.

Tommy Trojan

I hope in the next few days to have more coins listed!

Shameless bump because there is less than 2 hours for these auctions!!!!!

Ok all you guys out there. Before you leave for the weekend be sure to put in some bids for the coins that I have on ebay for tod and rod. They are going for a song right now!! Just do a search for tod geocoin or rod geocoin and you will find all that I and anybody else has up......That Geocaching Jedi is pretty low!!!!

I'm so happy that we are doing this for this family. I talked to someone else today ( found out Tod and I had more than a few mutual friends), and the need is great.

I also met Tod's mom last week again and spent hours talking to her. I am going to be checking in on her on occasion. She is a very nice lady to talk to with a great big heart.

Tod had bought me a bandana just before he died and she wrapped it up with a card and a bow. A real tearjerker moment, believe me.

Thanks for the generosity all bidders and donators.

anne

I just listed one of my editions of my Rainbow Bridge geocoin on ebay. Here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110285164008.

I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of Tod. I hope this helps his family a bit.

This coin ends this evening and could use LOTS more bids. It is a humungous coin and very beautiful AND only 13 minted!!! Get in your bids while you can!!!

There are other coins being auctioned for Tod's family--just do a search on ebay for Tod Gecoin and you will find them. thanks to all who have donated and bid!!

I just listed one of my editions of my Rainbow Bridge geocoin on ebay. Here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110285164008.

I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of Tod. I hope this helps his family a bit.

This coin ends this evening and could use LOTS more bids. It is a humungous coin and very beautiful AND only 13 minted!!! Get in your bids while you can!!!

There are other coins being auctioned for Tod's family--just do a search on ebay for Tod Gecoin and you will find them. thanks to all who have donated and bid!!

Ok guys!! Another shameless bump!! There is only about 3 hours left on this coin so get some bids in. I know that you will love it and the money goes for a family that can really use it.

Rainbow Bridge Geocoin 13 Minted

What a tragedy, to lose someone who was in the prime of their life. I can not imagine what Tod’s family and friends have been going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I have not been visiting this forum recently, busy with the every day goings on in life that summer brings to a household with children. I know reading this has made me pause a bit and maybe extend their bedtime hugs a few seconds longer than usual and tell my teenage daughter that I love her and to drive careful before she rushes out the door; because you do never know how long any of us will be here. Last week I received a long delayed package from Ima Gine. Of course it was the stunning Imagine mystery coin and CD. What a beautiful message in these troubled times. I feel very honored to receive it, but I think it could serve a better purpose than to be admired in my coin binder. If I get no objections, I think you can all IMAGINE where I am going with this. I will be putting a listing up on E-bay Sunday evening with TOD in the title. I will not be able to put a link here, but please look for it and spread the word. It is very uplifting to see how the geocoin community pulls together to help out in times like these. There really are a wonderful bunch of people here!

There is less that 2 hours before the auction ends for the Geocching Angel geocoin on ebay. Get in your bids while you can and help out Tod's family. Just do a search for Tod geocoin and it will show up along with others that are there.

Watch in the next few days for other to be put up also....Thanks!

I want to THANK everyone for their bids, their donations and their outpouring of kindness! You all make me very proud to be part of this coin family!

KAboom and I just returned from up north where we spent the weekend trying to recharge the batteries, what a great weekend we had! It was in a beautiful area where we used to visit in our younger years! I can't give the location away just yet as it'll be another of my mini-cointests in the Todie's Wild Ride thread, but we sure did enjoy some awesome trails!!

It would have been great if Tod could have joined us...

Boy, lemee tell ya this hits right at home and I am so sorry to hear of the Tragedy that has struck so close to your home Rod.

Didnt see all this till recently and am gut wrenched thinking of the great friend you lost and for the loss of his family..very sad! :rolleyes:

Nothing you can do for anyone to make them feel better or settle their uneasy minds and I wish I could.

I will be listing an auction in the next day or so to help with his family...I just wish I could help with the pain that i am sure is still strong.

You betta believe Im watchin out for those ")^#& a***$" out there, they are everywhere!!! Just last weekend while on a ride, a Big ol truck pulled right in front of my homey- He subtly raised his arms and laid back on his seat as the ")^#& a***$" just waived as my buddy missed his rear bumber! (he knew what was up)...It looked cool, but I thought it was Waaay too close for comfort!

Hope you and his family heal from this... It'll take time, but in the end we'll meet again- or so they say!

Sorry man!

It took me awhile to get these listed because I am a cheap so-and-so and was waiting for a $.05 listing day.

Ellandel Singapore Nickel geocoin

Abomination Antique Silver geocoin

Pocket Decoder Antique Bronze geocoin

Bid high and bid often! I'll be adding a set of my new coin as soon as I have it in hand.

These coins are ending in less than 6 hours. Lets get some more bids in there as they are great coins!!

It took me awhile to get these listed because I am a cheap so-and-so and was waiting for a $.05 listing day.

Ellandel Singapore Nickel geocoin

Abomination Antique Silver geocoin

Pocket Decoder Antique Bronze geocoin

Bid high and bid often! I'll be adding a set of my new coin as soon as I have it in hand.

These coins are ending in less than 6 hours. Lets get some more bids in there as they are great coins!!

Less than 1.5 hours now.....

We have just put another coin up for auction for Tod's Family, we were waiting for this one to arrive in the mail before we put it up for auction, It is a artist edition GAGA coin. It was donated by Steve of the3defaus. these coins have only been given away by him and have never been sold before, here is a link to the sale.

GAGA Artist Edition Geocoin

well if ebay keeps there hands off my auction now, cant even have the word donation in the auction.

2fd2b4d3-836f-4edd-9a61-f3c182024f84.jpg

Edited by sweetlife

Here is another try.

Hopefully it wont get pulled this time

This is a very cool geocoin and very big in size. Please if you can help and contribute and make a bid, please do, the money is going to the family for Tod to help funerial expenses. Every little bit helps go a long way.

Thank You

GAGA Geocoin

Edited by sweetlife

Today I received a thank you card from Tod's family and his mother Louise and I thought it should be shared with everyone especially those of you who wished to remain anonymous.

Dear Beverly,

Thank you isn't enough. We want to express our sincerest appreciation for all the efforts and donations from Tod's Geo family. We are totally overwhelmed. Tod didn't have any insurances and everyones reponse has made paying the bills possible. Please tell everyone how grateful we are in case I overlook or don't have an address for someone. Tod would be so proud.

Tod's family and children (Louise)

I talked to Louise just a few days ago, she's doing well for having gone through all this. When she brought up the support all of you have so caringly given her and Tod's family...tears welled up in her eyes! She's truly touched by all this and just cannot believe how thoughtful and generous everyone can be to strangers!! (I explaind that we coiners...and most all geocachers....look out for each other (but I too am very much astonished by all the wonderful people out there....much appreciated all)!

A side note...3 days ago, while riding to work on a fairly flat road with no obstructions...guess what pulled into my lane and then proceeded to make a complete U-turn right in front of me. A TRU-GREEN TRUCK!

People, this makes the SECOND time in a month a TRU-GREEN truck has made a move which put a biker's life in jeopardy, a TRU-GREEN TRUCK is what pulled into Tod's path as well! The truck turned in front of me with 300 yards between us (plenty of room) BUT, I was MUCH closer when he just pulled right back in front of me without even slowing after completing the U-turn. I was physically shaking and fought hard (and beat) the overwhelming desire to chase that *(&%^( down...it would have been counter-productive (and might have ended with me in jail). I did write TRU-GREEN asking what the deal is with their drivers but have yet to hear back!!

PLEASE be safe out there...and if you have a local TRU-GREEN Lawncare company near you, BE ON THE WATCH!! Oh...and THANKS everyone!!

Well with all the donations we have given for your Rod and Tod's Family, it is has given us such a overwell feeling of support for all of you, Things finally have been picking up here. Finally found a vehicle after being without wheels for a month. We have had many shares of up and down times. Times have been tough, but we always seem to make it thru everything in time. That is just how we are. We rather see others happy and do what we can to see a smile on other faces then us. We would give our shirts of our back for anyone. We know all the money we have raised is going for a good cause and every dollars helps stretch a long ways. We could not feel more privledged then that in the act of kindness. We got a nice card from Tod's Family as well. His family will always remain in our thoughts and prayers along with all of our friends we have in this geocaing/ coin community. We are proud to have friends like each and every one of you.

Have a great weekend all.

I have an auction up for Tod's family. I can not post a link here, so you will just have to IMAGINE what it could be; or you can look it up on E-bay. Do a search for geocoin Tod and you should find it.

Only 1 day left, and it is still a bargain compared to what other mystery coins in charitable auction have sold for.....................