Wow! What a Plesant Suprise!

lordzogat

So I picked up the mail today and had two small envelopes. This is usual as I have been trading tokens for geo coins. However the one was from Fox & the Hound. My immediate thought was - did I trade with them? Did I get their package out! So once at home I opened the envelope and out came a Got Skills Geocoin. Again I wracked my brain for the reason why the coin had arrived.

Sure enough I found the letter inside the envelope. This explained it all. Apparently I received this coin for recognition to the tutorial I posted on how to make your own geotokens. I would like to say Thank You.

I would do the tutorial regardless of feedback, as I enjoy sharing the knowledge I have learned through my own experiments. The fact that it may help someone else enjoy the hobby more, is a bonus. It is reward enough to see someone use this knowledge and come up with their own token or ideas.

But to receive this memento fuels my fire more to help provide information that may be a help to others and help them enjoy this wonderful sport. Having been geocaching now for only a few months I feel there is more to be done in the area of signature items.

Having just purchased a home, the new tokens have taken to the back burner, but I have new mold making material now and can soon cast molds of the new masters. I will keep you updated. Thanks again to Fox & the Hound for a pleasant well appreciated token of gratitude.

gotskills.jpg

Edited by lordzogat

Congrat's on the coin, I've seen a picture of it and it's a SWEET coin. I've heard it one you really have to earn otherwise ;)

Boy have you got that right...I have only seen the picture of the coin, it is to be given out to thoses who actually finish all of the "Got Skills" series of caches they have put out. And I haven't been able to do it yet but am working on them. Talk about a challenge.

He told me he couldn't believe how much thought and time went into writting all the information that was posted on the making of a sig item and truly felt they deserved a special recognition.

Congratulations, I am sure he will be happy to hear you made his day..... :P

You should try the process anyways just for an experiment. Thats when ideas start to happen. You could get Playdoh from the dollar store and a small carton of plaster of paris for under $6.

Very nice and more kudos to you...lordzogat! I read that tutorial and if I had one ounce of creative ability I'm sure I would've reaped the benefits of it too. Regardless, it was a great read!

That coin is really great, for some reason I really like coins with white backgrounds....

I hope you don't mind me posting in your thread LZ... since you already opened one about the coin.

Imagine my surprise when I found an envelope from F&tH in my mailbox today. Inside was a very sweet and spiffy 'Got Skills?' geocoin along with a nice note for a good deed I did. Now that good deed was with alot of help given by my fellow coiners (The Iraq package). So, this is really dedicated to all of those who sent in coins to be shipped off to Iraq but I'll keep the coin safe for all of us :ph34r:

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO! Thanks so much Chris! Off to my special binder of coins that get admired all the time!

tsun

Congratulations Lordzogat and Tsunrisebey:

Tsun; you're contributions to this forum and to the community in general are always incredibly generous and you deserve all the recognition you get and so much more. And Chris from Fox and the Hound is likewise a pillar in this forum and both your efforts are incredibly appreciated.

I would like to say to Lordzogat that I agree with Chris that your tutorial was exceptional. It was creative and educational and just the type of thing that enhances the geocoin/geocaching experience for the whole community. Many people are not creative enough to try making your tiles, but you are an inspiration to many others who just need a nudge in the right direction. I raise my virtual glass to you sir.

Well, as much as I try to stay out of the limelight, I guess I have Skills too. I couldn't figure out the package from Mackey, until I opened it to a fine letter of congratulations for giving so much time and effort to geocoin poker the last two years. Apparently he understands that I'd much rather be playing, not just giving away hundreds of coins a year ;) Not to mention missing huge chunks of events in order to give back.

Super thanks, Mr. Mackey. Nice to know I do some things right ;)

TMA