Mega Event 2 - Weston-super-Mare - 9th August 2009

Apparently there is also a military event in Weston the same weekend as the Mega Event.

According to the Sealed Knot website, they have a 'Major Muster' in Weston on 8th & 9th August. A Major Muster involves over 1000 participants, a living history camp together with plenty of musket and canon firing as the Royalists and Parliamentarians do battle on the seafront on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Boy, its going to be crowded in Weston at the weekend :anibad:

Apparently there is also a military event in Weston the same weekend as the Mega Event.

According to the Sealed Knot website, they have a 'Major Muster' in Weston on 8th & 9th August. A Major Muster involves over 1000 participants, a living history camp together with plenty of musket and canon firing as the Royalists and Parliamentarians do battle on the seafront on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Boy, its going to be crowded in Weston at the weekend :blink:

from http://tilliers.com/page_1241043584490.html :

Weston Super Mare

Major Muster 8/9th August

This is a major muster hosted by Col Henry Tilleirs Reg and should be fantastic.

Saturday and Sunday Battle on the beach with fighting over fortifications and trenches. Cavalry and artillary will also be there, helping make this a muster not to be missed

I hope they are using a different beach !

After a year of planning, the day has arrived :)

Just to give you all an update on the 'pre-registration' numbers ... 527 caching names have registered which equates to 1108 people

Thank you to everyone - hope you all have a fantastic time.

We will post the final head count here after the Mega event ..... or should we say, when Shauna from Groundspeak HQ has counted everyone (isn't that why she has come over from Seattle :) )

Good luck to all this years organisers and helpers, I hope the day is as fun and satisfying as the first one was for myself and the other organisers and helpers last year.

I'm gutted I couldn't come, I even contemplated making the 4 hour drive in the early hours this morning :cool:

Good luck to all this years organisers and helpers, I hope the day is as fun and satisfying as the first one was for myself and the other organisers and helpers last year.

I even contemplated making the 4 hour drive in the early hours this morning :cool:

And to show how gutted I am, I even drempt that I'd driven down overnight, and when I woke up this morning, it took a minute to realise I wasn't in my tent, but still at home!!! :laughing: