Mega Event 2 - Weston-super-Mare - 9th August 2009

regarding the weather you might want to speak to Wrighty. Based around the Cotswolds it never rains when he is out and about ;)

I'll send Wrighty an invite to the Wye Valley & FoD event then ASAP. :(

For the ME how about chartering a trip to Steep Holm and Flat Holm? I'm sure there would be plenty of takers for that trip.

Just so that you are aware, that is the start of the last week of the Scottish school term dates. It's only a problem as far as people are at the end of their summer holidays here, and just so that if you need to change the dates, that to accommodate anyone hoping to come from Scotland, that you may have to go for the weekend before rather than after.

If my finances and holidays are good for next year I will try my damned best to be there. :anibad:

A long while ago before the Harrogate Mega I put a link to a banner advertising this event on all my cache pages. This is now of course out of date.

Has anyone thought of contacting the person(I can't remember who) who wrote the script for this to now replace it with the advert for the Bristol Mega 2009?

Mega Promotional Stuff

Edited by Birdman-of-liskatraz

A long while ago before the Harrogate Mega I put a link to a banner advertising this event on all my cache pages. This is now of course out of date.

Has anyone thought of contacting the person(I can't remember who) who wrote the script for this to now replace it with the advert for the Bristol Mega 2009?

Mega Promotional Stuff

Pasted in but its ORANGE!!! :D

Yep - it's the geocacheuk reprise... :laughing:

Is the event posted on GC as a cache yet? If it is can you direct me to it please?

Sue

It hasn't been published on GC yet .... but shouldn't be long now. There will also be an accompanying website which will give you more detailed information and will be constantly updated.

But for your information .... The Mega event itself is Sunday 9th August at Weston-super-Mare ... with an associated camping event over that weekend (and other planned events)

with an associated camping event over that weekend (and other planned events)

Camping only for the weekend?

It's a long way to go for just a weekend, is there any way that the camping can be extended for say a week, like at Harrogate this year?

You can arrive as early as you like and stay as long as you like ;). The Harrogate one wasn't a week... a lot of people stayed that long, but an event is 'technically' only one day anyway.

Don't miss the bit that Jen mentioned "and other planned events". These will be announced well in advance so people will know what is happening on which days. There will definitely be a good four or five days worth of events and lots of caching to do in the area. I'm sure people will stay anything from a week before to a week after, and any number of days in between.

Maybe Piratemania Cotswolds or Stonehenge ;) the weekend before.

Nudge nudge..

Well a camping event the previous weekend obviously helps the cachers from further reaches of the UK..

Are there any other West country camping events that normally run around that time?

We've moved the Wye Valley & Forest of Dean Event back a week as the Mega event would have clashed. It's about 35 miles north of Weston. Should be 15th August 2009 if all goes as planned. Camping all weekend.

Maybe Piratemania Cotswolds or Stonehenge ;) the weekend before.

Nudge nudge..

Well a camping event the previous weekend obviously helps the cachers from further reaches of the UK..

Are there any other West country camping events that normally run around that time?

We've moved the Wye Valley & Forest of Dean Event back a week as the Mega event would have clashed. It's about 35 miles north of Weston. Should be 15th August 2009 if all goes as planned. Camping all weekend.

Looks like a good site from this years stats.. We dont mind either side of WSM date wise.

Used to live near Wotton-Under-Edge so know the SW pretty well.

Looking forward to it all :santa::santa::)

Maybe Piratemania Cotswolds or Stonehenge :rolleyes: the weekend before.

Nudge nudge..

Looks like a good site from this years stats.. We dont mind either side of WSM date wise.

Looking forward to it all :D:D:D

How could I forget Don't push me over the edge!!! with 6 finds and 25 DNFs owned up to. :P:blink::P

Maybe Piratemania Cotswolds or Stonehenge :D the weekend before.

Nudge nudge..

Looking forward to it all :P:D:laughing:

How could I forget Don't push me over the edge!!! with 6 finds and 25 DNFs owned up to. :unsure::blink::P

Oh Dear I have been caught out :P:blink:

Yes it was a little evil.. :rolleyes::D:D

With only 2.2 miles as the crow flies to the event its pratically in walking distance for us.

See you all there

2+2.

Can we all stay at your house? <_<

caravans in the front garden, tents in the back? :)

Is there lecky hook-up and showers :)

And a bar....!!! Free WIFI would be neat ;)

We don't need the lecky.. We brings our own lol