My Pocket Queries

lrb1712

I am mew to the forum so I will make it short. I have entered 5 My Pocket Queries 8-12-2008 and 5 My Pocket Queries8-13-2008 and I have received nothing. I checked the My Pocket Queries and viewed it so there is information but receiving nothing. ;) I would appreciate any help/advice. Thank you in advance!!

I'm also having trouble receiving my PQs. And yes, I know how to generate them, putting the proper day of the week, etc., etc. Out of three, I received only one. What's going on?

I get an email, but whatever the search can't find anything... I just did five different searches making sure that I typed info correctly. Is something down or what? Anyone? :laughing:

I just paid for a Premium Membership and I would suely love this feat :)

Anyone...?

I'm also having trouble receiving my PQs. And yes, I know how to generate them, putting the proper day of the week, etc., etc. Out of three, I received only one. What's going on?

I've been generating PQ's for over a year, but they have stopped all together for the last 10 days or so. Is this a problem with the updated web-site?

The only thing that has prevented me from getting pqs is when I have the option checked to receive zip files. My email admin does not allow zip files.

I get an email, but whatever the search can't find anything... I just did five different searches making sure that I typed info correctly. Is something down or what? Anyone? :(

I just paid for a Premium Membership and I would suely love this feat ;)

Anyone...?

This usually happens when you check boxes such as "I have found" and "I haven't found" at the same time. There are no caches that you both have and haven't found, so there will be no results. You can preview your query before you run it to see if the results are what you want.

I am mew to the forum so I will make it short. I have entered 5 My Pocket Queries 8-12-2008 and 5 My Pocket Queries8-13-2008 and I have received nothing. I checked the My Pocket Queries and viewed it so there is information but receiving nothing. :ph34r: I would appreciate any help/advice. Thank you in advance!!

I had the same problem for awhile, and then found out my email provider was randomly blocking emails from Groundspeak. I called them and talked to them about it and whatever they did took care of it. I now get my PQs within a minute or two.

I have noticed that my queries seem to take a lot longer to generate now than they used to. I don't schedule my queries and instead run them "on demand" as needed.

It used to be when I turned on a query that hadn't run for three days it would be generated within a few minutes. If I had a query which hadn't run for a week or so it would normally be generated by the time I refreshed the PQ page.

I turned on four queries to run today (Friday). Two of them were run just two days ago and haven't been generated yet -- it's been about 30 minutes or so. One of them was run four days ago and hasn't been generated yet either.

The fourth one hasn't been run for a month and it has been about ten minutes now and it hasn't generated yet either. That sort of query would have run within seconds not that long ago.

I assume this is just a load issue as more and more people join gc.com and run queries.

I see the delay also ... I have 3 queries that run every week on friday to update for new caches. Up to this week, they religiously ran between midnight and 2:30am pacific. It is now 10am pacific and I still have not seen any of them today ... let's hope this is a temporary thing and the frog sorts out the delays ...

I see the delay also ... I have 3 queries that run every week on friday to update for new caches. Up to this week, they religiously ran between midnight and 2:30am pacific. It is now 10am pacific and I still have not seen any of them today ... let's hope this is a temporary thing and the frog sorts out the delays ...

Ditto for me. I have 3 PQ's scheduled for today, and so far (at 10:10 am) - nothing. Edited by Photom

Yep, nothing has run yet. Even my query which hadn't run for a month hasn't triggered yet and that was about six hours ago now when I turned it on.

If these sorts of delays become the norm I may have to look at scheduling queries again -- I had been running them on demand because I figured it would help with server load issues.

I've been running PQs for 4 years now mostly without a hitch prior to the website update. Nothing has changed in terms of my email, the way I run the PQs or anything else. I can run four different queries and might get only one that comes through. Really annoying.

There's a glitch somehwere.

I've been running PQs for 4 years now mostly without a hitch prior to the website update. Nothing has changed in terms of my email, the way I run the PQs or anything else. I can run four different queries and might get only one that comes through. Really annoying.

There's a glitch somehwere.

I am currently waiting for some PQs which I run every Friday, so it seems like there may be a backlog today.

However, I haven't noticed any PQ problems in the past two weeks or which would suggest any correlation with the recent site updates.

I wasn't having this problem.. until now.

I've been running queries for years, same email address and everything.

I tried to run a caches along a route query and it is not showing up in my inbox. It registers as running but is not in my mailbox after an hour of waiting. Someone from Groundspeak - please enlighten us on this subject.

It appears that if yesterday's PQ's didn't run until today, they affect today's limit and yesterday is wasted.

Ditto for one PQ I had scheduled for yesterday (Friday). Never came. Instead it has been during now this morning, that is, after midnight for the server.

I can create a new query and get it right away also, the problem that I'm having is that "scheduled" queries are no longer showing up.

I only received 1 of 3 scheduled PQ's. In looking at "My Pocket Queries" they haven't run. So, it's not my ISP blocking the emails. It's something at Groundspeak.

I schedule five pocket queries to run on Friday. These are only requested once per week.

I received them in this order:

5:19 AM first query

2:51 PM 2nd query

5:15 PM 3rd query

10:35 PM 4th query

12:12 AM (next day) 5th Query

So much for having fresh data (Friday morning) to start my weekend :laughing:

I ran two instant queries where they are suppose to delete themselves and they are still there. I can't find where to manually delete them and it won't let me archive them. Anyone know how to fix this or is it just going to be added to the other glitches GS is experiencing???? :laughing:

I think they will be deleted after 24 hours. This keeps you from running more than 5 queries per day.

I ran two instant queries where they are suppose to delete themselves and they are still there. I can't find where to manually delete them and it won't let me archive them. Anyone know how to fix this or is it just going to be added to the other glitches GS is experiencing???? :laughing:

I think they will be deleted after 24 hours. This keeps you from running more than 5 queries per day.

Yep, they should have lines through them and will disappear 24 hours after they ran.

Yeah, just make a copy of the scheduled PQs that aren't running and they will run immediately.

Yeah, that's a good workaround for now. However, a 6.5 hour turnaround time for a query which hadn't run in a month is a sign to me that something is wrong and hopefully Groundspeak will fix the underlying issue rather than depending on the users to perform these sorts of workarounds.

Yeah, just make a copy of the scheduled PQs that aren't running and they will run immediately.

Thanks for that - first or my regular PQs I've got back in 2 weeks.

My regular PQs I had set are still ticked, so I still think the issue is at Groundspeaks end; I still have another issue with my watchlist not sending anything in the text body . . .

Yeah, that's a good workaround for now. However, a 6.5 hour turnaround time for a query which hadn't run in a month is a sign to me that something is wrong and hopefully Groundspeak will fix the underlying issue rather than depending on the users to perform these sorts of workarounds.

Ditto!

I did a "My Finds" PQ, as I do every week, but this week I didn't get the mail.

And there isn't much room for user error, just one button to click.

Does the PQ page show that it ran? Other people have reported that sometimes it takes several clicks to get it to run.

I did a "My Finds" PQ, as I do every week, but this week I didn't get the mail.

And there isn't much room for user error, just one button to click.

Does the PQ page show that it ran? Other people have reported that sometimes it takes several clicks to get it to run.

Yes, it is shown as having been run, and the button is disabled.

I thought I had a problem similar to what was described. My email provider is gmail.

My queries were being marked as run although they weren't showing up in gmail (when I used GSAK and fetched them directly in GSAK).

I tried multiple times and got the same result from gmail - nothing there. I logged into the gmail account to see if they were there (they were) and then tried again in GSAK and got the PQs.