Geocaching Organisations in the U.K. and Ireland

mandarin

Hi. I am going to Glasgow on the 29th of November, and I am looking for some groups of geocachers in Glasgow. Anyone point me in the right direction?

On facebook? For Glasgow geocachers: facebook.com/groups/weegieocahers/

Sorry but I'm not on Facebook yet :(

Maybe it's time? :)

Seems to be two forums for Scotland:

http://geofrees.org/Forum/index.php

http://geox.easyphpbb.com/index.php

From what I can see Geofrees seems a little more 'active'

www.yorkshirecaching.co.uk

Looks like this group has died a bit......the link does not work and you get a Facebook page, but the last entry on that page dates back to 2012

Any one still caching in Yorkshire?

Edited by Evers99
On 8/16/2008 at 10:18 PM, PopUpPirate said:

NW Caching is for cachers in the NW of England, unsurprisingly! So, if you live North of the English Channel and West of the North Sea, yer in! :laughing:

We're having regular roaming monthly meets, which all are of course welcome to, and have just completed our first year of active service :P

If you are in the area, sign up to the forums and get along to a meet - thanks to the efforts of those in the area, we now have a cache series, a NW Geocoin, custom log books, custom waterproof cache stickers, custom embroidered t-shirts, a travel bug race and more.

The forums are pretty daft with a healthy dose of Off Topic to keep us sane...ish!

Dead Link.

3 hours ago, Grawood888 said:
On 8/16/2008 at 5:18 PM, PopUpPirate said:

NW Caching is for cachers in the NW of England, unsurprisingly! So, if you live North of the English Channel and West of the North Sea, yer in! :laughing:

We're having regular roaming monthly meets, which all are of course welcome to, and have just completed our first year of active service :P

If you are in the area, sign up to the forums and get along to a meet - thanks to the efforts of those in the area, we now have a cache series, a NW Geocoin, custom log books, custom waterproof cache stickers, custom embroidered t-shirts, a travel bug race and more.

The forums are pretty daft with a healthy dose of Off Topic to keep us sane...ish!

Expand  

Dead Link.

Given that the post you're quoting is over 13 years old, that's unfortunate, but not surprising.

These days, Facebook seems to have the majority of geocaching groups.

10 hours ago, green_words said:

We tried the Facebook Group but are still waiting for the admin to get back to us. Doesn't seem like a very busy site.

If that's the group I mentioned in your other thread then it's the only Chanel Islands specific group as far as I'm aware.

There is the UK FB group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/geocachinguk

some Islanders are in that group and people on there may well be able to answer any questions you have, that's a fairly busy group.

On 8/16/2008 at 11:24 PM, The Cache Hoppers said:

SE Caching - essentially a forum for geocachers residing in the South East, but anyone is welcome to sign up, browse, post - it doesn't matter where you are based. There's a regular monthly meet for Berkshire cachers on the second Thursday of each month - check events for details. Bucks/Beds/Herts also have regular meets as do the Oxon cachers. [:laughing:]

These forums went a long while ago, but there is a facebook group which can be found by clicking here

On 8/16/2008 at 10:18 PM, PopUpPirate said:

These forums disappeared quite a while ago, but there is a facebook group which you can find by clicking here