Geocaching Organisations in the U.K. and Ireland

mandarin

hello,

which of you groups is near to Newcastle upon Tyne?

Our question is this, we have a TB stuck in UK and want it to come back to the continent to travel further to the Northcape. We hope by this question, that some-one who lives nearby Newcastle upon Tyne, has to go to the continent and will take our TB with him.

Our TB is Lamoer Gibraltar to North Cape. At this moment it is in traditional cache: "Is it a Stile Deer? GC2W9M2"

We are Dutchies who live in France. Dropped the TB last year in Gibraltar and want the TB to go to the North Cape where we will go and get it, when it gets there.

Hope you people can help us out.

Happy Hunting, Team Lamoer

Hello. Brand new here and was just wondering if there were any groups in the Reading/Berkshire area where I could learn the ropes a bit?

There is THIS EVENT taking place early in September

It is always worth checking the GAGB Events Calendarfor events/meetings that are local to you.

Thank you for that! I was obviously looking in the wrong place as all I could find was events in America! Not sure I will have the courage to go to the meet just yet, but maybe, if I'm feeling brave!

Thanks again :)

Have a look on the GAGB forum site - at the top there is an "events" banner - this gives a day by day calendar throughout each month of events (uk) - click on the link in the event and it will bring you back to the Groundspeak and as long as you are booked in - will give you a location etc., just like a cache page. You will find we are a friendly lot - We felt a bit lost and isolated, went to a local caching "meet" at a pub and within minutes were right at home - getting advice and tips from more experienced cachers - ending with a walk round a series that the organiser had put out ! - got my very first "FTF" !! - come on in - the water's lovely !!

Hi everybody, 'Huetes here.

I have set up (still very much a work in progress) a geocaching group for Devon, as I was unable to find any decent groups in the whole Devon area. The website is a forum where you can discuss different topics and is free to join, and obviously I will need a little help to get it off of the ground, so if you are a Devon geocacher then come along and join this free forum today. I will endeavor to set up some events soon depending on the numbers of the group, possibly in Exeter, so go ahead and sign up today.

Link: devongeocachers.freeforums.org

Many thanks

'Huetes

EACachers.org.uk

The forum started in April 2007 with the idea of a regional forum to discuss more local topics which would be out of place on the 'main' forum

Our membership is open to anyone who caches or plans to cache in what is now the 'State' of East of England plus a few bits tacked on the edges.

At the moment we have just a basic forum and the topics range from techie help to where to eat and from events to geocoins. Of course we have various quizes etc (our most popular posting area) We have even been known to discuss geocaching but its very rare ;)

We have tried to keep the forum VERY family orientated, friendly place and have a junior section for member's children to encourage the next generation of geocachers

Have sent email request as no registration area and they have not resynced to here since I joined.

Thank you

Cornwall and Devon Links.

There's a selection of groups on the web in Cornwall and Devon - brief Details below...

Cornwall Geocachers Facebook Group

South West UK Geocachers Facebook Group

Westcountry Caching Blog

The Kernow Kachers Website

Cornwall Cachers Forum - Somewhat out of date, but I'll tidy it up soonish.

Devon Geocachers Forum

The Devon Facebook groups seem to be defunct - could someone please correct me if that's untrue.

www.CacheWalker.co.uk

We're a bunch of Cachers who prefer to go walking to find our Caches! :P

We hold a quarterly event, usually with a walk beforehand (and occasionally after!)

The website is a bit bare at the moment as we're just moving across to a new one, however we have a new (bulletin board-style) forum and the site hosts the latest info on our TB race (CacheWalkers SuperBike Challenge)!

The forum includes suggested walks as well as general chat.

Most of our members are in the (Southern) Midlands (Warwicks, Worcs, Glos) but we do have a few from further afield (like Team Caracache from Portugal... ;) ) and everyone is welcome!

May I let everyone know that the NEW CacheWalker forums have launched

Visit the forums here: (Visit Link)

Edited by Griff Grof

Hi there! Any Cotswolds - Gloucestershire/Oxfordshire/Wiltshire groups out there? :ph34r::unsure:

CacheWalkers

What is CacheWalker? Well, we're just a group of local (Glos, Worcs, Warwicks mainly) cachers who enjoy walking, and we have a forum to chat about caching and walks. We sometimes get together to go out caching too. Caching groups seem to be more popular in America than here but since we all enjoy walking to caches more than most, it seemed sensible to share walks, routes, caches etc.

Or

West Midlands http://wmcaching.co.uk/

Edited by Bear and Ragged

Thank you

I seem unable to load your webpage as it's blocked from our page. Would you mind sending me an email or some such long laboured thing, so that I can contact you directly please? I was out yesterday up near Kingham and would have preferred to have been walking down a country lane with companions rather than feeling a little bit scared out in the middle of nowhere on my own!! :yikes:

Thank you 'Bear and Ragged'

I seem unable to load your webpage as it's blocked from our page. Would you mind sending me an email or some such long laboured thing, so that I can contact you directly please? I was out yesterday up near Kingham and would have preferred to have been walking down a country lane with companions rather than feeling a little bit scared out in the middle of nowhere on my own!! :yikes:

http://cachewalker.createaforum.com/index.php

Should get you to the CacheWalker site...

You will need to register.

Use you caching name, eg 4Happyhours, so we know who you are!

Edited by Bear and Ragged

New to geocaching and looking for a group in (south)Essex or South-East England.

There are a couple of links in this thread but some are 4 years old, don't want to waste my time with a defunct group/website. :)

Thanks, Russ

The SECaching forum was a very active forum up until about 6 - 9 months ago, then gradually the action moved across to South East Geocachers on facebook.

It seems the regional geocaching groups on facebook have taken over most of the "local chat" about geocaching.

MrsB :)

New to geocaching and looking for a group in (south)Essex or South-East England.

There are a couple of links in this thread but some are 4 years old, don't want to waste my time with a defunct group/website. :)

Thanks, Russ

The SECaching forum was a very active forum up until about 6 - 9 months ago, then gradually the action moved across to South East Geocachers on facebook.

It seems the regional geocaching groups on facebook have taken over most of the "local chat" about geocaching.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but from that facebook page it says "For geocachers in Berks, Hants, Oxon, Bucks, Surrey, Sussex ", so unfortunately I'm not quite in that area, I'm in Essex :)

Thanks again, Russ :)

Thanks, Russ

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but from that facebook page it says "For geocachers in Berks, Hants, Oxon, Bucks, Surrey, Sussex ", so unfortunately I'm not quite in that area, I'm in Essex :)

Thanks again, Russ :)

OK, I don't give up easily... Searched some more...

Try Essex Geocachers!

:D

MrsB

OK, I don't give up easily... Searched some more...

Try Essex Geocachers!

:D

MrsB

Awww, thanks mate, you searched for me, that's so kind :D (that sounds a bit insincere, but I assure you I do mean it)

I messaged a member that appears very active in my area yesterday and he gave me that link also, I didn't think to post a follow up here, I should have done to save your time and help others, I apologise for that.

Thanks again for all your help MrsB, it is appreciated :)

Russ

Lincolnshire Geocachers Be aware!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I have started two online resources for the Goecachers of Lincolnshire, a Facebook group and an online forum.

The Forum http://www.lincache.co.uk

and the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Lincache/?bookmark_t=group

Please feel free to peruse and browse at your leisure

Thanks

Daz

Edited by Daz & Mel
  • Upvote 1

Suggestion for a Southern England online community

I'm surprised that there isn't already an active online community for the Southern England region, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's potential for one - counties in the region such as Wiltshire are packed to the brim with cachers with popular monthly events, and otherwise the rest of the region is also a strong community. But yet there is no forum/group for us.

Basically every region has it's own forum/online community, and I think a Southern England one would be very popular, and incredibly active. Has anyone else been thinking the same things as me? Would anyone be interested in creating one for our wonderful and diverse region, which ranges from cozy Cotswold villages in Gloucestershire to the hustle and bustle of Swindon and other towns. ???

I'm in Kent and I would love to see something get off the ground. I have seen on a couple of caches that people have discussed caches or got hints from people at Kent meets, so maybe there is already something. I am going to do some further investigation because it would be awesome to get some people together.