Geocoin Sales for Rockin Roddy

LadyBee4T

In the past Rockin Roddy has given me some of his coins to sell on ebay since he doesn't do ebay. I have just finished listing 6 more coins that he has given me. Here are the links

2007 Crake Suncatcher

Tommy Trojan Tommy Trojan gave his permission for this sale.

Set of Four Nerds

12 Days of Caching--Gold

12 Days of Caching--Nickel

GeoWoodstockVI Event Geocoin

Rod needs our support more than ever right now. Rod caches also as a team as Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom. I received a very sad phone call this afternoon. On his way to work Tod was killed in a motorcycle accident. Tod was a great guy and any of you who met him at the Bash would think of him as a teddy bear. Rod and Tod have known each other since they were kids and were like brothers. Please keep Tod's family and Rod and Kaleb (KAboom) in your thoughts and prayers.

If you have any questions please email me through my profile. Thanks.....

Lady,

You are such a great person to do this for Rod. I just read the post on the MIGO site. This is so sad and I wish I could do something, but everything is tied up right now. When I get my coins I will be sure to due an auction to help out.

There are no words to describe how sad I am, almost in tears, for Rod. He is such a great guy and to lose a friend that was as close to his heart as Tod was is ...

I cannot write anymore right now, sorry.

maldar

I've only seen Rod's name in the forums, and through that I know how much he is loved and respected by the folks who know him personally. He really does sound like such a special person, who's been having a terrible time of it lately.

I'm another one who isn't very good with words at times like this, but my heart goes out to Rod at the loss of such a close and wonderful friend.... and to both his and Tod's families....they're in my thoughts and prayers. They must all be completely devasted by this terrible tragedy.

Ali

Edited by Geo-Gophers

I last saw Tod when we stopped at a cemetery on the way home from the BASH, he was driving my Jeep while I was on my motorcycle. Tod dropped my Jeep off while I was in the shower, so I never saw him again after Sunday...

What a horrid tragedy. :-( Tod was like a brother.

Anyways...THANKS for the words of support and the bids all, much appreciated. Tod left behind a 9 year old son as well as a 19 year old son, I'm planning on selling some more coins in the very near future to help them in this troubled and sad time.

Please, keep the bids coming and the thread on topic so as to keep it open! :-)

Rod, This horrible news we read in the Michigan Forumns is sadden us to no end. Barry and I havent been able to sleep. Many times knowing and thinking how hard it is for you and his family in this terrible tragedy, We feel your pain and brings us much saddness and lots of tears. We will be there for you. We want you to know that.

We love you Rod, give Tod;s kids and family our condolences and big hugs for us and we will be comming for the funeral. He will be forever missed.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

The coins that I currently have listed were donated to help Rod out a few weeks ago and were planned to be listed last night. I think that many of you know about the black cloud that seems to have been following Rod around over the last several months. I had a very hard time writing about Tod's death after the links but they were Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom...The Cachestalkers and I wanted others to know. I have had several emails about auctioning coins with the proceeds going to Tod's family. I think that is wonderful and if anyone wants more info or would like me to do that for them let me know.

I also am a biker.......

It saddens me to hear that Rod has more heartache come his way. I, too, am bad at words BUT, dammit, the black clouds just seem to want to hang around and above this seemingly wonderful, kind hearted and gentle person. I think it's been over a year since he had his coins and such stolen ( which he did get back) .

Other things ( all sad) have happened since and it seems to keep continuing. WHEN is it going to clear up for good?!? My heart goes out to him and all those around him.

Anyway, I May have a coin or two to contribute. Do I send them to . . . ??? Also, can they be basically "common " coins since I don't have any of the very hard to get and very desirable? Please inform us as to what coins will work.

i haven't had so many goosebumps in my life after reading this thread.

i don't know both of them, don't know their families, but

it shocks me really. don't want to write something wrong, cuz

my english is not the best, but i'll keep them all in my prayers!

...searching for some words right now, sorry...that really hurts me

even though i don't have met him or his family/friends in person.

i just needed to write something, hope this was alright...

i haven't had so many goosebumps in my life after reading this thread.

i don't know both of them, don't know their families, but

it shocks me really. don't want to write something wrong, cuz

my english is not the best, but i'll keep them all in my prayers!

...searching for some words right now, sorry...that really hurts me

even though i don't have met him or his family/friends in person.

i just needed to write something, hope this was alright...

Not only is it OK, it is much appreciated. :-)

Tod was close, as close a friend can be without being family...no, Tod WAS family! Tod had little money as he was disabled and unable to hold a real job, he worked hard though, he maintained a 10 acre farm for a friend! Since Tod had little money, I kinda looked out for him kept him from being hungry, kept him from being bored and so on...but his friendship was what kept me sane! Tod would come over daily to watch TV, listen to my latest "dream" help around the house, pick on KAboom etc....I knew Tod would be there and I always made supper for 3! When I bought my mountain bike, I bought one for Tod as I was a bit stingy (or was it being self-centered??) and had to have someone join in with me, when I bought my motorcycle, I knew Tod would have to get one so we could ride together as I (again stingy or self-centered) hated not having a riding companion. I bought a new motorcycle and gave Tod my old one...the one he was on at the time of the accident.

Tod was adventurous, he'd be ready to go on a moment's notice! I introduced him to mountain biking and climbing, he made the sports FUN!! No matter what my heart desired to do, Tod was game and would drop what he was doing and join in....even if it meant a three week journey to Vegas or a 2 week trip to Yellowstone to drop me off! I can still remember Tod stalking the largest buffalo we've ever seen, just to snap a pic for our scrapbook! And complain...not much! Tod's tent had a river running under it when we were at Yellowstone, it rained hard daily and sometimes multiple times daily and nightly....did he complain?? NO, he just laughed and went with the flow lol!

We had plans (or just silly dreams I suppose)...I was planning to sell my home and buy a motorhome. Tod said he would once again join me in my dream, the dream to travel the country and live "wild". Tod had a 9 yr old son, I have a very sick dad, so this was truly only a dream for the future, but that never stopped us from planning the dream! We planned on a long motorcycle trip, maybe to Vegas, this winter, we planned to attend the Geocoinfest...on the bikes! Now, I'm not sure I can even think of making a plan without him! Still being stingy, I know, but how do I plan to have fun without the one who made me feel safe, made even the worst situation fun and just "made" every day??

I couldn't think of, talk about or type about Tod without tears and breaking down the last few days, today I can....sort of. Time truly is healing, I can bring up the happy memories and think of Tod! The posts here and the emails and phone calls have helped immensely even if I found it hard to choke back the sobs and tears...and now I'm crying once again! I know I will never meet another soul as special as Tod, I know how wonderful it was to have Tod as a friend, I cherish this and all the memories!!

Tod had the most infectious laugh, he could laugh at anything...that laugh and his gravelly voice ring in my ears and are a welcome memory, I hope to never forget that laugh and smile!

Sorry to have rambled, sorry this is completely off-topic...these are my feelings. I saw a rainbow emerging from a storm cloud Tuesday evening...I think it was Tod telling me to weather the storm and to look to the beauty of each new day. Tod is still with me, just not beside me!

eta: THANKS for the bids everyone, much appreciated!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Roddy we will be leaving tonight heading your way to be there for you and the boys and for Tod's Family. We cant imagine how hard it is been for you these last few days, as it is been really hard on us to loosing a fellow MiGO friend. Everytime we think of Tod or read the forumns there is always tears to no end in our eyes.

We wanted to move this thread here as we tought it was going to be moved, so people can see all the auctions of coins that are going on in one thread. Everyone please keep bidding and thank you for your support.

We have just listed 8 coins up on ebay for Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom...The Cachestalkers

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Tod's Family to help with funeral expenses

Hand of Fatima

WEGE

Blazing Trolls

Conundrum Geocoin

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Rockin Roddy to help with his expenses as his dad is in the hospital and trips to see him are expensive

March 2007 Lucky Caches GSC&PC

2008 New Years Coin

June 2007 Alien GSC&PC Geocoin

March Madness 2008 Geoswag Geocoin with matching pin

Tods family and Rod both need our help, we will give 100% of the final auction price to Tod's Family and to Rockin Roddy.

If you have any questions feel free to email us thru our profile.

As a bonus we will add in to each winning bid one of our new Sweetlife pathtags

Edited by sweetlife

So sorry to hear such sad news. This year we couldn't go to the bash but I sure wish we could have, just to meet Tod. The way people describes him, he sure was a very nice guy, one of a kind.

We don't personally know you Rod but, we e-mailed each other a few times recently.

Our Thoughts and prayers are with both your families.

Micke wants to donate one of his pathtags for Rod/Tod.

Let us know if you want us to put it up, or if you want us to send it to you to put up, or if you want to do the auction and we can just send it on to the winner, whichever is easiest!

Was thinking it might be best for you to host the auction so it's one less paypal fee that needs to be paid instead of us hosting it and then sending the money on to ya!

Let us know ASAP. If you want to host it, go ahead and we can either send the coin on to you or to the winner. Here's an image of it!

2755901189_ca77d0d732_o.jpg

Naomi (right proud of her old man!)

We will keep you in our prayers here. We have an awesome God that still listens and will help ease the darkness.

As far as helping with the needs of the world, we will be putting together some auctions also. Wish we could do more, as this group has been wonderful when we needed it most.

Will post auctions here when posted, or you can search under Team R&T . These should be up by Wedsday.

Tracy and Tank

In my above post some of the links are broken, Here are the links again, ONLY a little over a day left on these. Thanks for bidding on these coins

We have just listed 8 coins up on ebay for Team Rod & Tod w/KAboom...The Cachestalkers

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Tod's Family to help with funeral expenses

Hand of Fatima

WEGE

Blazing Trolls

Conundrum Geocoin

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Rockin Roddy to help with his expenses as his dad is in the hospital and trips to see him are expensive.

Lucky Caches

2008 New Years Coin

Tods family and Rod both need our help, we will give 100% of the final auction price to Tod's Family and to Rockin Roddy.

Edited by sweetlife

Ok... can't link to anything here, but I can say that my user name on ebay is mousekakat and you should be able to find my profile fairly easily...

At Micke's request we've added an auction there. You can search under "ROD" if need be.

I just don't want to get banned...again... so I think this is all I can post!

In any case, we just put two things up to try to help out a little bit!

Micke and Naomi

Edited by mousekakat

Ok... can't link to anything here, but I can say that my user name on ebay is mousekakat and you should be able to find my profile fairly easily...

At Micke's request we've added an auction there. You can search under "ROD" if need be.

I just don't want to get banned...again... so I think this is all I can post!

In any case, we just put two things up to try to help out a little bit!

Micke and Naomi

I love your avatar Naomi!! :rolleyes:

THANKS to all who've bid or generously donated coins for either myself or Tod (or both in some cases), VERY much appreciated! All money raised for me will be put to good use, I assure you of that! All money raised for Tod will go to paying for his funeral and to his sons.

It has been a very hard week, with friends and family, we are pulling through! THANK-YOU all!

We have 8 coins up for auction to help out for Rockin Roddy which we consider a very dear friend, and also for Tod's family to help them thru the tough time right now with funeral expenses and with hopes that our auctions go up higher to help them all out. We know there is alot of generious people here in the forumns, if you can help out, please keep bidding. There is only 10 more hours left. Every dollar more to help these wonderful people out the more it can make a difference.

Thank You

Just wanted to let everyone know there is only 4hours or so on our coins we put on on ebay to raise money for Rod and Tod's Family. Please everyone if you can help, make the bigs higher to help these very special people out at this needy time. .

Hand of Fatima

WEGE

Blazing Trolls

Conundrum Geocoin

The proceeds of these 4 coins will go to Rockin Roddy to help with his expenses as his dad is in the hospital and trips to see him are expensive.

Lucky Caches

2008 New Years Coin

There is less a hour on some of the auction we placed on ebay. Please feel free to take a look and place a bid on these coins we have up for auction as all proceeds go directly to Rockin Roddy and for Tod's Family to help pay funeral expenses. Please bid generiously.

Thank You!

Hello and good morning everyone, we wanted to post a note saying whoever bidded on our coins we had up for auction to help our friend Rockin Roddy and Todie's family family. Thank You very Much. We are asure they will really appreciate the money. Hope it helps them all out at this very difficult time. Everyones bid helped make a difference to these very special people. It could of not been done with out you.

Well, Micke's pretty, round, non-geocaching.com trackable item has sold, 20.50 has been sent to Rod to help out a little bit with everything going on in his life right now.

I wish it was more, but right now it's the best that we could do!

Many thanks to everyone who placed a bid on these, much appreciated!

If there is interest in another one, I can place it up for auction, too, but I need to know that there is interest!

Naomi :)

Thanks everyone for your support and bids on the coins that have been, are being and will be auctioned off for both Rod and Tod. Right now I have listed some more donated coins

2007 Crake Suncatcher in Nickel

2007 Glow in the Dark Morpho Butterfly

Anthus Black Nickel Laptop

Take a look at the Geocaching Jedi and the pretty round thing for Tod while you are at it also!!!!

Thanks everyone for your support and bids on the coins that have been, are being and will be auctioned off for both Rod and Tod. Right now I have listed some more donated coins

2007 Crake Suncatcher in Nickel

2007 Glow in the Dark Morpho Butterfly

Anthus Black Nickel Laptop

Take a look at the Geocaching Jedi and the pretty round thing for Tod while you are at it also!!!!

These coins end in about 24 hours. They are pretty affordable right now so get your bids in while you can!!!