How do you create "personal" cache for inventory

rodgowdy

Nobody can view that page but you because it's an unpublished cache. Everyone else gets an error message..."Sorry, you cannot view this cache listing until it has been published."

I see no reason to "store" TBs and geocoins. I would just hang on to them and move them at your earliest convience. People want them to move and not be stored.

Edited by lacomo

I've seen other cachers create a "personal" cache they use to "store" geocoins and TB's.

I created this one, but I don't think I did it right: rodgowdy's Geocoin Rest Stop

Thanks,

-Rod.

I just use one of my archived caches to store my personal geocoins. Some folks use an unpublished cache, as apparently you are doing. Both work fine.

Lacomo - I think you misunderstand. I believe rodgowdy is talking about the common practice of dropping your owned-and-activated geocoins/TBs into an "unused" cache, so they don't clutter up your active Inventory list of trackables (the ones you do want to help move along).

I use a "personal" cache to store my own coins that are part of my personal collection and are not traveling. Just make up a cache page and don't make it active. Then you should archive it as well. This way the coordinates you use for it will not interfere with any other caches that are in queue, and you can still add notes to it to drop or retrieve your coins if you have to. It's a nice place to keep your own coins so they don't get confused with your regular inventory. I would not recommend using it for TBs and coins that are meant to travel. It would be too easy to forget about them. And we don't want to do that now do we?

Cheers! :)

Lacomo - I think you misunderstand. I believe rodgowdy is talking about the common practice of dropping your owned-and-activated geocoins/TBs into an "unused" cache, so they don't clutter up your active Inventory list of trackables (the ones you do want to help move along).

ooops, Thanks for clearing that up for me.