Release the Kraken once more!

avroair

Arrrr! In the rich traditions that do bind the Pirates of Harriman coins the 5th one be upon us!

Pirates of Harriman 5: Call of the Kraken

People are welcome to attend. The coins will be available at the event.

Concept Art: The gargantuan beastie unfurls it's tentacles on the coin, ready to pull it back down to the depths from whence it came. Now we have to make it into a coin.

Did we kill it?

No, we just made it angry!

Artwork by Chris Mackey:

99ece272-3a2b-457c-8c7f-acdb349360a7.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Lads and lasses... here is a sample of one of the coins.

41c59ba5-68d5-42e6-a2e8-df03a89a4f76.jpg

Nothing like releasing the sample on "International Talk Like a Pirate Day" .... great coin by the way.

My mouth just fell to the ground. That there coin is SO VERY AWESOME!.

(Now to tell you the truth, around here, one does NOT want to be down wind when the Kraken is released B)B):huh:

Behold the Kraken Types:

Gold on antique gold ~ purple gem

Gold on antique silver ~ red gem

Silver on antique gold ~ blue gem (www.geoswag.com version I think)

Silver on shiny silver ~ green gem

I wanted to do the attendee version with a black pearl, but the mint was taking too long trying to find a source. Oh well, always next year...

100 of each will be available

Sweet nautical goodness! They actually pulled off the water afterall! I really wasn't sure after the last email, but I'm very happy to see my fears to put to rest :laughing:

Yeah, now if we could only find a black pearl or a bigger gems. :laughing: Although I think the smaller gem works just fine since it doesn't dominate the coin.

Wow, I hadn't talked to Chris for awhile (he has been busy lately) so I didn't know that the picture had been posted. Now I need to know when and where they will be on sale.....

He will be attending the event and hopefully can get me some if I can't buy any early...... :)

I believe Chris may have a couple for you. :D:):D

Wow, I hadn't talked to Chris for awhile (he has been busy lately) so I didn't know that the picture had been posted. Now I need to know when and where they will be on sale.....

He will be attending the event and hopefully can get me some if I can't buy any early...... :)

I believe Chris may have a couple for you. :D:):D

Oh Boy, he didn't tell me that, I just started drooling all over my keyboard when he told me pictures had been posted, they truly are wonderful, I am so glad the ocean waves worked out. Look forward to seeing them in person in a few weeks...... :grin:

He will be attending the event and hopefully can get me some if I can't buy any early...... :D

I believe Chris may have a couple for you. :D:):grin:

Oh, thanks! Giving away my coins again Mark? :)

He will be attending the event and hopefully can get me some if I can't buy any early...... :D

I believe Chris may have a couple for you. :D:):grin:

Oh, thanks! Giving away my coins again Mark? :) You know I'll save some for you :o

I couldn't make the event so I bought one of these coins from Avroair. I paid on 10/1 and he shipped on 10/2. I got the coin in the mail on 10/4. Thank you for the fast shipping!

The coin looks amazing, there is a lot of detail. Kudos to the artist and minter. The pictures don't do it justice. Thanks again.