Permission Form

NightTracker

Though it's always better to ask in person, here is a generic permission letter that I came up with a while ago..

Dear _______:

I'm writing to request permission to place a geocache in _______. If you are

not familiar with the term geocache, it's the focal point of a sport called geocaching.

This entails a person hiding a small container (the geocache), usually containing a log book and trinkets, then using a Global Positioning System receiver (GPSr) to mark the longitude and latitude of the geocache. The coordinates are then published on the Internet to allow others to find it.

Geocaching is a fun, family oriented activity that has the benefit of getting

people outdoors and introducing them to areas of historic, natural, or scenic interest.

Managers of many parks and nature preserves have determined that geocaching is a

beneficial, low impact activity and encourage the sport on their lands. They see the

additional visitors and increased exposure that geocaching brings as a plus.

Similarly, geocachers often discover exciting new places through the sport,

while getting exercise and gaining an appreciation for these areas.

I believe that ________ is one of the special places that would be of interest

to geocachers and would like to explore the possibility of my placing a

geocache there. I will be calling you shortly to see if we can arrange a meeting

to discuss this. Meanwhile if you'd like to contact me I can be reached at ________.

Sincerely,

Thanks, if needed I may alter your letter a bit to fit my current situation.

I think maybe I was having a flashback from some other site or something...lol

The Department of Natural Resources here in NB Canada said that the land where I want to hide the caches is open to the public for use, but it's a game reserve so no hunting is permitted. So i'm just waiting to here back from forestry department taking care of the reserve to make sure it's ok for geocaching. If so, there are hundreds of square kilometers with endless amounts of roads and hiding places.