Pathtags Stolen @ MWGB Area 51

KRnlKilR

I attended the Midwest GeoBash this past weekend. While I was there I traded and purchased GeoCoins and Pathtags with many other event attendees.

On the final night I took my backpack full of my pathtags to Area 51 for some last minute trading. I set my pack down while talking to some friends and making new one. The backpack disappeared and was not found until Sunday morning under the bleachers with only my GPSr inside. Why they didn't take the GPSr too, I don't know.

If you trade or have traded for any of my tags with anyone but me be aware that they may be stolen. I will be keeping an eye on eBay and Craigslist too. If you have them I ask that you contact me (you can do so from an anonymous email address if you like) so I can get them back. My email address is KRnlKilR@gmail.com. I will provide my shipping address if you need it.

I'm not angry or hostile, just disappointed that our great hobby has been marred.

Thank you.

Edited by KRnlKilR

Hello my friend!!! :)

Oh I am so sorry for this!!! I hope you will find them soon my friend!

Sorry for what I will say, I wouldn't like this to happen, but really...why they didn't take the GPS too??? That is very strange!!!!

you found the bag with the gps thown away? I didn't understand this well...(bleachers are the washed clothes??)??

Nikos (Gatoulis) :blink:

Hello my friend!!! :)

Oh I am so sorry for this!!! I hope you will find them soon my friend!

Sorry for what I will say, I wouldn't like this to happen, but really...why they didn't take the GPS too??? That is very strange!!!!

you found the bag with the gps thown away? I didn't understand this well...(bleachers are the washed clothes??)??

Nikos (Gatoulis) :blink:

Bleachers are the seats that you sit on in a stadium --each row a bit higher than the one in front.

The back pack was found with the gps still in the bag but the pathtags were gone.

I will hope that your pathtags are returned to you, KRnlKilR.

It is unfortunate, but even amongst the most genuine folks there are thieves and kleptomaniacs. I had a fellow girl scout steal my wallet, when I was in 5th grade, and I have yet to forget about that incident.

One example of bleachers :blink:

bleachers.jpg

Edited by TokyoBlossom

Oh! now I understood!!! I was trying to find the word in the dictionary, and I found the Bleach, as washed clothes... and .... :)

Well..at least the GPS is safe, but the poor pathtags.... :blink:

Were all the pathtags the same?? I mean the same design etc? If yes, Well...you know who has the ones you trade or send a gift, so...

I had eight different bags of pathtags. Some of the bags were almost empty as I had made many trades, but some of the bags were still quite full. I would say that I lost about 200 tags total.

The tags I had received in trade were safe as well as my coins as I had taken them back to my tent prior to attending Area 51.

I'm very sorry to hear that your Pathtags were stolen. :blink:

Being at the event, I noticed that Pathtags were very popular, and I can't wait to get my own made, now.

I would hope the person who stole them, might feel terrible now...

and want to return them to you.

Or they could return them to geocoin store, where in turn they can be sent

to you.

This is sad to hear......and did I read there were trackable coins in there as well. Do you post to the Pathtag website forums? - post it there too!

Trackables from caches, have disappeared and mysteriously appeared at events recently too!

As my Retired State Police husband would say ~ "A Thief is a Thief and no matter what you do, where you go or who you are with ~ they are among us. Take care of and safe guard your stuff."

I often travel alone and this message rings true as I put down my caching bag, back pack or even let loose of my suitcase at an airport. Sad but true ~ they are among us, no matter where or who is in the crowd.

Praying for discovery of where they went and recovery too. Perhaps someone thought they were not trackable (coins and PTs)........but they are! A little work as these appear and the culprit may be caught.

Edited by hollora

I attended the Midwest GeoBash this past weekend. While I was there I traded and purchased GeoCoins and Pathtags with many other event attendees.

On the final night I took my backpack full of my pathtags to Area 51 for some last minute trading. I set my pack down while talking to some friends and making new one. The backpack disappeared and was not found until Sunday morning under the bleachers with only my GPSr inside. Why they didn't take the GPSr too, I don't know.

If you trade or have traded for any of my tags with anyone but me be aware that they may be stolen. I will be keeping an eye on eBay and Craigslist too. If you have them I ask that you contact me (you can do so from an anonymous email address if you like) so I can get them back. My email address is KRnlKilR@gmail.com. I will provide my shipping address if you need it.

I'm not angry or hostile, just disappointed that our great hobby has been marred.

Thank you.

Can you post a picture of one of your pathtags?

It would be very hard to sell/trad 200 of them when its been listed as stolen. The theif is not very bright, particulary when theres a GPS available.

There were 200 total tags taken, not all of the same design, but ten different designs.

The stolen designs can be seen here.

Thank you to everyone for your concern, and for keeping an eye out.

KK

Edited by KRnlKilR