COINTEST: For my 5th GeoBirthday

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

How often do you go back and read the logs posted on your Caches, or on Caches you've found? I do that sometimes, just to see who took what I left, or what experience other Cachers had at a place I liked.

Each year at this time (My GeoBirthday) I have done something special within the game. The first three years I hid special Caches that were loaded with Birthday Goodies, including Cake and Ice Cream (Gift Certificates). My fourth Birthday saw the start on my BINGO! and Raffle games, and now it is time to celebrate my 5th GeoBirthday. One of the things I will do is to calculate the donation amount that a TB of mine has raised through it's travels. The other thing if to have this short COINTEST for you all to play along.

There will be up to 8 prize coins.

Each player can only enter once.

The answers must be posted during the 24 hour period of August 11, 2008.

Each correct answer can only be used once.

Here's how to play...

Read through the logs that have been written to each of my three "Birthday Bashe Cache's".

Answer one of these two questions.

1. Name a specific item that was left for me as a Birthday Gift.

2. Name a player who claims one of the three as a First Cache.

Read the answers that have already been posted. If the answer you want to use has already been posted, you must find another one. Post your answer to this thread within the 24 hours of August 11, 2008(forum time). If your answer is a duplicate, or if it is incorrect, you may not post another entry. Good luck and have fun.

I hope I am correct!!! :)

Happy birthday my friend!!!!!! :huh:

1) Kilroy Gang, Celtic music CD!!! WOW!!!! :)

2) Team Siata had the FTF in you 3 birthday cache, just because they were the first after the cache was published! Of course, Hansohn was first there, but before the cache was published! If the FTF counts after the publishing, Team Siata is the FTF! :D

I'm Three, I'm Three! (A WSR Birthday Bashe Cache)

August 24, 2006 by team siata :and I LEFT YOU A PRESENT - hide it in good health.

You never mentioned what it was but assuming from the log entry it was a cache of some kind for you to hide??

Hard ot find things that haven't already been said. Happy GeoBirthday WSR!! Have fun! Thanks for the cointest!

FTF on your 1st - "August 11, 2004 by 4wheeler (7615 found)

Rousted TeamAlamo and away we went. FTF on your B-Day. Thanks" (Looks like these 2 teams shared the FTF)

Birthday present 2nd cache - October 1, 2005 by runnerfam left a Bendy wizard guy

Happy Cache B-day! May you have many more!

A Birthday song was left for you by Team Psychopuppy

November 13, 2005 by Team Psychopuppy (2437 found)

16:30 - Wild Women had been there before us - we could tell by the lollipops! Bruce is a Butterscotch fiend, BTW.

Our family has a birthday song we sing, instead of the old standby. But, no-one can remember from whence it came. We thought it was a Winnie-the-Pooh special, but I've never been able to find it. Anyway:

Birthday, Birthday, Oh! what fun!

Birthday, Birthday, Have another one!

Birthday, Birthday, all come along!

Join us and sing another Birthday Song!

Join us and sing another Birthday Song!

Well, I can't write the music here, but it's a much better song, and we sing it just for you, WSR!

Enjoyed some candy and cake. L an otter stamp and some star gliders.

Edited by The-Wolf-Pack

wild women didn't mention that she left lollipops in her log but Team Psychopuppy did mention that she left them....

Thanks for the cointest WSR!!!

Incidentally, you made me look at my official geocaching bday date and it turned out to be TODAY!!! I have officially been caching for one year today :blink::):D

wild women didn't mention that she left lollipops in her log but Team Psychopuppy did mention that she left them....

Thanks for the cointest WSR!!!

Incidentally, you made me look at my official geocaching bday date and it turned out to be TODAY!!! I have officially been caching for one year today :blink::):D

Happy birthday Gardengorilla!!!!!! :) WOW!

I am wishing you both, gardengorilla and Write shop Robert to selebarate many many geocaching birthdays!!!! :D

"Another Birthday Bashe Cache" (WSR Turns 2) gcpy61

June 10, 2006 by 50sumtin (4715 found)

TFTC! I was in the area for the weekend with my family camping at Olema and got up early for an early morning cache hunt.

This was the first cache of the morning before seeking three of the nearby benchmarks.

2. Name a player who claims one of the three as a First Cache:

Barissa

Claimed first cache: Chad (as posted by maryu)

I'm still going to look back at more answers, but here are two winners so far!

I had listed four, but upon closer look I see that two of the correct answers were actually posted on August 10, a few minutes before the 24 hour window was open.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

The B-day present left to you was a Kazoo!

"something to write with. It has a logo of a special company headquarted in Marin"

You got a nice Moo CD from Lady Esquire at your 1st Birthday Bashe Cache.

Happy Face Whistle present was left by rparriot

I hope I am correct!!! :(

Happy birthday my friend!!!!!! :D

1) Kilroy Gang, Celtic music CD!!! WOW!!!! :(

And these are the SPECIFIC Gifts on my list, so these are winners too!

Looks like nine winners instead of 8. I'll look further into some of the other answers, but I was looking for people who either specified that an item left was a GIFT as opposed to something left as swag/trade. The other thing I was looking at was those who said this was the First Cache They Found/First Cache Experience, as opposed to being FTF on that Cache(That's just way too easy). Congratulations to the winners, and I'll still be looking at some other answers to see if I missed anything. I hope you all had fun reading the logs. It's too bad you didn't get to go find the Caches, they were Top Notch Hides!!

Ok My poster did not say in his log that it was his first cache but if you look at his caching history it is the first he found and the only traditional. Sorry I really should have looked for those that claimed that.

Thanks for the fun! It was really some pretty interesting reading going back through the old logs.

August 24, 2006 by team siata :and I LEFT YOU A PRESENT - hide it in good health.

You never mentioned what it was but assuming from the log entry it was a cache of some kind for you to hide??

Hard ot find things that haven't already been said. Happy GeoBirthday WSR!! Have fun! Thanks for the cointest!

I haven't decided on this one yet. It wasn't on my list since they didn't specify what it was, so let's have some opinions...Should this be a winner?? I'll cound a vote of the first 5 answers.

I haven't decided on this one yet. It wasn't on my list since they didn't specify what it was, so let's have some opinions...Should this be a winner?? I'll cound a vote of the first 5 answers.

Most definitely! A very deserving person, too!

Most definitely! A very deserving person, too!

I agree! :D

"Another Birthday Bashe Cache" (WSR Turns 2) gcpy61

June 10, 2006 by 50sumtin (4715 found)

TFTC! I was in the area for the weekend with my family camping at Olema and got up early for an early morning cache hunt.

This was the first cache of the morning before seeking three of the nearby benchmarks.

Aww..Geez, you guys are killing me...Do we need to have a VOTE on this one too??

You got a nice Moo CD from Lady Esquire at your 1st Birthday Bashe Cache.

And these are the SPECIFIC Gifts on my list, so these are winners too!

And Robert is a jolly good fellow,

and he's a jolly good fellow,

he's a jolly good fehellow,

and so say all of us...

:) Team Van Stoffelen is dancing around the table here. :)

I know, I know, I was wondering too...What's a Moo CD? Well, it's NOT a bunch of cows. It was a great compilation along the lines of the old standard "Mix tape", and made a really fun sountrack for a trip I took! There's nothing quite like cruising Salt Lake City late on a summer night blasting "Funky Called Medina"

"Moo" is the name of the cat on the cover, from what I can gather.

jalewis

8 Aug 06 I'm Three, I'm Three! (A WSR Birthday Bashe Cache) by WRITE SHOP ROBERT (GCXM2X)

California 06 Jul 08

I had looked into that one and wasn't sure whether to include it or not. It has been the only Traditional cache they have logged, so thet's pretty much a first cache I thought. Another VOTE anyone?