metroguide canada update?

zedex

Anyone here from Canada familiar with metroguide? Is there an update available? Reason i ask is i just bought metroguide and it has to be at least 10 years out of date. Alot of changes occure in 10 years. I went to the garmin site and apparently there is no update available for this mapping software. What a friggin rip off. :)

Any and all comments welcome. :huh:

City Navigator North American has replaced it (sort of).

I have the newest 2009 version and still switch back to metroguide as it has way more smaller roads on it. 2009, however has the latest main roads and the changes to them.

Metroguide Canada has map data from 2004. Sorry you bought it without knowing. MGC also does NOT require an unlock code, CN/NA does.

Thank Mach. You could have told me sooner. :huh: I think i will call Garmin up and demand a refund as i have never seen mention on their website that their software is outdated. You say 2004? Thats weird. The Edwards restaurant in Penticton has been gone for at least 10 years but it is still in metroguide. I wonder if they updated say a large city like Van and leave the smaller cities and call it updated. Makes me mad that i basically wasted $110.00 for outdated mapping software.

Thanks for the heads up.