is this a big enough warning

corindi

I am worried that people will attempt to drive to the cache I placed today. Is there anything else I could write that may get the message accross better ? Should I feel responsibe/guilty if someone gets stuck there over night and posts their experience on the site and/or in the log?

GC1F302

TIA Dave

Two things. Perhaps you can put that final "Under no circumstances..." paragraph in bold. If you aren't familiar with HTML just add a <b> before the section you want to make bold and a </b> at the end of the section. Also check the "Is this listing in HTML" box on the page.

Second. It's a good idea to add the coordinates that you provide on the page as waypoints. You can do this by clicking on the "waypoints" tab in the upper right corner of your cache page. You can call 30.11908 S 153.13478 E the "recommended access point". 30.12393 S 153.13557 E can be recommended parking. 30.11928 S 153.15048 E can be "secondary access point" and 0.1239 S 153.12103 E and 30.11952 S 153.15118 E can be "extreme 4wd access point 1" and extreme 4wd access point 2".

Also put these in the format that geocachers are used to.

Here is a good tutorial regarding the use of additional waypoints.

Two things. Perhaps you can put that final "Under no circumstances..." paragraph in bold. If you aren't familiar with HTML just add a <b> before the section you want to make bold and a </b> at the end of the section. Also check the "Is this listing in HTML" box on the page.

Second. It's a good idea to add the coordinates that you provide on the page as waypoints. You can do this by clicking on the "waypoints" tab in the upper right corner of your cache page. You can call 30.11908 S 153.13478 E the "recommended access point". 30.12393 S 153.13557 E can be recommended parking. 30.11928 S 153.15048 E can be "secondary access point" and 0.1239 S 153.12103 E and 30.11952 S 153.15118 E can be "extreme 4wd access point 1" and extreme 4wd access point 2".

Also put these in the format that geocachers are used to.

Here is a good tutorial regarding the use of additional waypoints.

Thanks for your advice, jobs done!

I just read about the cache and it is very clear that you shouldn't try it in the family car.

Thanks WatchDog. I blame the car companies for showing new 4wd's doing extreme stuff in their adds. Mum and Dad go out and buy a new 4wd and expect it to go anywhere.

I just read about the cache and it is very clear that you shouldn't try it in the family car.

Thanks WatchDog. I blame the car companies for showing new 4wd's doing extreme stuff in their adds. Mum and Dad go out and buy a new 4wd and expect it to go anywhere.

Just cache in a rental car. All rentals are 4WD with 24" ground clearance. If the 4WD fails and you get stuck just call roadside assistance. :huh:

If anything, after reading that cache page, now I want to go out there and see if my truck will make it. :blink: I guess I'll need to add the second locker and winch to my truck before I try it though. :) Looks like a fun cache!

It's a long way from your home co-ordinates!

Nother teaser for you, this was taken 100m from the cache.

dsc1810mediumoj8.jpg

I am worried that people will attempt to drive to the cache I placed today. Is there anything else I could write that may get the message accross better ? Should I feel responsibe/guilty if someone gets stuck there over night and posts their experience on the site and/or in the log?

GC1F302

TIA Dave

You added Bold, but if you want to go one step further, you can make the warning Bold and Red by adding <font color="red"> at the beginning of that section and end with </font>.

By the way, you might want to run your cache page text through a spell-checker. :ph34r:

Cheers!

If you wanted a bigger warning, put the following at the top of the cache as its own paragraph:

<b> *** Important: This cache is a terrain 5 with the hgih potential for any vehicle to get stuck. Read all instructions below before attempting this cache ***</b>