Graveyards, and your final "cache"

Stuey

Whilst walking Ozzy through the local cemetery this morning, I noticed a headstone that looked like a trig pillar from a certain angle! This got me thinking....

Being a geocacher, what would you have as a headstone and what would the inscription be? I'm not being serious by the way, but you can be if you want!

Hmmm... a huge tupperware container full of all the old tat I didn't leave in my will, inscribed with

Congratulations!

You have found the final resting place of muttoneer, intentionally or not!

Took dissolute lifestyle, left clapped out corpse.

TFTL!

:rolleyes:

Edited by muttoneer

Well - my other hobby is visiting Cornish Churches and photographing gravestones, several thousands to date.

My favourite is one at Lansallos Church with an inscription of "Accidentally killed by a cannonball" - I often wonder how..

I love the stones made from Slate which are very common in the is County and stay so very clear to read even after 300 years.

I love the Quaker stones - which are the same size, same material in each cemetery.

But the ones that impress me most are the ones that say least, as I then have to go and research who they were.

Bill Smith

Poet

1922 - 1997

So maybe just my name in ROT13?

I would have several headstones all with conflicting and ambigious information.I would also ensure that they were overgrown and eroded and then they could be used as a nice little multi !!!! God how i hate them !

My inscription would have to read "Thank God for my mobile !" :rolleyes::lol:

I would have several headstones all with conflicting and ambigious information.I would also ensure that they were overgrown and eroded and then they could be used as a nice little multi !!!! God how i hate them !

My inscription would have to read "Thank God for my mobile !" :rolleyes:B)

hehe, Terry.... I believe you :lol:

My inscription would have to read "Thank God for my mobile !" :rolleyes::lol:

or maybe a Mobile Phone shaped stone and carved where the display would be "Here's one I didn't have to PAF to find"?

Having the coordinates of the gravestone calved on the back is the kind of think I would do just to get people wondering. Would it also be weird to have the coordinates of where I has borne as well? Not quite what was being asked, but, you know.

Realistically I think my stone should read "He came, he saw, oooo, something shiny.....".

Also, why has nobody done the obvious berried cache joke yet?

Here Lies Simply Paul. Buried, against Groundspeak guidelines. (I didn't want anyone to wait too long)

Here Lies Simply Paul. Accuracy: 6 feet.

Here Lies Thingy. Dead AND Forgotten. Double Whamy.

Here Lies Simply Paul. Not Dead, Just Sleeping... the practical joker.

SIMPLY PAUL

Geocacher and man of letters (in the right order only)

51 48 176 001 11 288 - That's Numberwang!

Not only helping you with your geocaching fun n games

But also helping to test your eyesight, as it's vital for spotting those FTFs

Now cover your right eye and read again...

Now cover your left eye. Better or worse? Better, or worse?

Edited by Simply Paul