Avroair Aviator Watch Personal 2008

avroair

My 2008 personal available soon for trades. Just two version antiqued silver and antiqued gold.

Personal Back story:

I got the geonick avroair by forming Avro (the plane manufacturer) and adding Air to the end of it. My grandfather flew Avro Lancaster bombers in WWII and I became fascinated with his history in 2000. He has been written about in quite a few books and memoirs. Anyways, I have his original flight logbooks, medals and most importantly, his aviator's watch. I thought it would be neat to mold my new personal coin on a more modern version of the aviator watch. The front is my usual Avroair motif, tweaked to jive with the back.

Will be available in September, not taking trade requests yet. Just wanted to show my progress. Will be making 100 antiqued silver and possibly 100 antiqued gold.

46d279f2-f4f1-43d9-83e7-2589e5c0eb5e.jpg

(yes, Eartha, it's trackable :D )

My 2008 personal available soon for trades. Just two version antiqued silver and antiqued gold.

Personal Back story:

I got the geonick avroair by forming Avro (the plane manufacturer) and adding Air to the end of it. My grandfather flew Avro Lancaster bombers in WWII and I became fascinated with his history in 2000. He has been written about in quite a few books and memoirs. Anyways, I have his original flight logbooks, medals and most importantly, his aviator's watch. I thought it would be neat to mold my new personal coin on a more modern version of the aviator watch. The front is my usual Avroair motif, tweaked to jive with the back.

Will be available in September, not taking trade requests yet. Just wanted to show my progress. Will be making 100 antiqued silver and possibly 100 antiqued gold.

(yes, Eartha, it's trackable :D )

i can only say totally wow! i love it and i will be first in line for reservations.

lara

Personal Back story:

(yes, Eartha, it's trackable :huh: )

Hi,

I really like this coin.

Have you ever though of having a moving hour and minute hand ?

Just a thought.

Could be too complicated and expensive though.

Personal Back story:

(yes, Eartha, it's trackable :blink: )

And here I always thought you were an Avro Arrow buff! I know, different spelling and all, but being Canadian, I always associate 'Avro' with our scrapped jetfighter program (dadgum you Diefenbaker!!!!)

................................................tee hee! I didn't say 'dadgum' ^^^ :)

PS: I'm looking forward to seeing this live and in person! I hope I can find something tradeworthy!!

Edited by E&Cplus3

And here I always thought you were an Avro Arrow buff! I know, different spelling and all, but being Canadian, I always associate 'Avro' with our scrapped jet fighter program

Avro was a British manufacturer, Avro Canada was actually a subsidiary of the Hawker Siddeley Group in the 1950's ~ and yes, they produced the canceled Avro Arrow.

Great job! Hmmm... that sounds like a long way off though. Oooh the agony of the wait! :D:(:( I'm guessing you'll have these in hand at Harriman V?

edit to ask: What's the significance of the time?

Not any particular meaning... I tried rotating them around and I couldn't come up with anywhere that didn't look kinda weird. A close family friend is a watch repairer and when I was young I remember him always telling me to wind the watches to 10:10 ~ originally I had the innner circles with HIDES on the right and DNF's on the right, but that cluttered it. The numbers around the outer rim were also FINDS, but that also cluttered it.

See, I should just GIVE UP on thinking of designing any nice coins. I'll be put to shame in an instant. It's hard to decide on a favorite here. All three look fantastic. I thing I would lean toward the Antique Gold, even though it feels like the Satin Nickel is more in line with the style of the watch that inspired the design.

Is there any chance of posting a photo of the actual watch??

Very nice looking coin, are these going to be for sale or just trade?

Not sure yet. I hope to have them by GCF, I may sell a few to off balance the cost.

I have them in hand, I gave away a bunch at GCF, but still have some for trades or for sale if you have nothing for trade. :ph34r:

antique gold 100

antique silver 100

satin silver 50