Earthcache Masters again...

nebukatneza

Hi there,

some days ago i have made a 36h trip through several countries

just to visit some ec-locations.

now my question:

i have now the possibility to order my platinum earthcache master pin,

but what about the others (bronze,silver,gold)

am i allowed to name the same ec's i have found and developed

for the platinum pin?

and if it's possible, do i have to fill out the earthcache masters application form

for every level?

thanks in advance and greetings from germany

Thorben - nebukatneza

I have a pertinent questions for Geoaware regarding this matter.

In the USA you have states that count individually as countries for tallying in the earthcache masters project.

I quote from www.earthcache.org -

Bronze Earthcache Master

Visit and log three (3) or more Earthcaches in two (2) or more states/countries.

Silver PinSilver Earthcache Master

Visit and log six (6) or more Earthcaches in three (3) or more states/countries and have developed one (1) or more Earthcaches.

Gold PinGold Earthcache Master

Visit and log twelve (12) or more Earthcaches in four (4) or more states/countries and have developed two (2) or more Earthcaches.

Platinum PinPlatinum Earthcache Master

Visit and log twenty (20) or more Earthcaches in five (5) or more states/countries and have developed three (3) or more Earthcaches.

In western Europe We have Portugal that is made up of the Madeira (Madeira, Porto Santo, Deserta Grande, Bugio Islands) and Açores (Corvo, Flores, Graciosa, Faial, Pico. S. Jorge, Terceira, S. Miguel and Sta. Maria Islands) archipelagos and Spain next door with the Balearic (Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza) and Canaries (Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarotte, La Palma, Tenererife and La Gomera Islands) Archipelagos. Would Geoaware consider finds in any of these archipelagos as being "in another state/country" and could I use these finds to try to attain a higher level in the earthcache master program?

Thanks

Yes. We use a much broader definition of states/countries than found in pull-down menus/lists on websites. We consider (outside of the USA) many counties/territories as states, different islands (for example north and south island of New Zealand) etc

So different island/archipelagos would work. Go for it!

Yes. We use a much broader definition of states/countries than found in pull-down menus/lists on websites. We consider (outside of the USA) many counties/territories as states, different islands (for example north and south island of New Zealand) etc

So different island/archipelagos would work. Go for it!

Thank you. You'll be hearing from me soon :)

Hi all!

Just a simple question... I was looking at the ECMasters application form earlier and noticed that for the UK, the criteria for identifying the geographical location of an EC is different from that used on geocaching.com.

How should I identify the region/State that an EC falls into if it differs from that given on the EC website?

Cheers :anibad:

Mimi x

Hi all!

Just a simple question... I was looking at the ECMasters application form earlier and noticed that for the UK, the criteria for identifying the geographical location of an EC is different from that used on geocaching.com.

How should I identify the region/State that an EC falls into if it differs from that given on the EC website?

Cheers :anibad:

Mimi x

See this thread and see if it answers your question.

I couldn't figure out how the regions / states are defined for Germany, or if Germany is just considered as one country / state...

I asked for a bronze pin in July and haven't received one until now and I don't know if it was lost somewhere or if I just don't fulfill the requirements because the Earthcaches that I found were all inside Germany but within two different states.... I have now found 10 different Earthcaches in Germany in 5 different states and don't know if I qualify for the other levels if I create an Earthcache, or if I have to go to another country outside Germany...