The Hornet (Lactodorum as was)

but if different forums can apparently have diffrerent rules, why was there ever a problem on the UK forum about the whole charity promotion issue a few months back. We could have our own rules that only apply here, and could have avoided a whole load of upset.

More to the point, if a user breaks a "special" rule on a "special" forum, why is the punishment global?

I've lost the plot :D (nowt new there then :D )

We are now being told that this forum and the Geocoins forums have different rules/guidelines/punishments

A few weeks back we were being told no to the "C" word because there had to be one rule all the way through the board.

This trivial really it all boils down to the way Peter has been treat is a disgrace.

One thing I can say though is we all have our "moments" but when one of us is put down like I was last week and Peter has been today, we all pull together and support each other, we are a close community and we all look after our own :D

I am sure once Peter gets his "priviledges" :D back and comes back in and sees all the support he has received from the UK cachers he will be very pleased. :D

M :D

....It's my job to keep the forums I moderate running in accordance with the guidelines...

You don't work for Sky or Virgin media Customer Services do you?

"Unplug from the wall outlet, wait two minutes.............."

That always fixed my Sky box problems :D

Hey folks, this has got me thinking, (strange, I know), but if we keep this up I'm sure GS will turn forum posts into an 0870 number.............

Why has the thread not been closed yet? Is it not totally off topic? Not saying I agree with any kind of ban for something as trivial but again it shows threads only get moderated when it suits the mod to do so!

I dont think it is Donny :D

We are in a Geocaching forum talking about a fellow geocacher, and everything has been civil.

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Why has the thread not been closed yet? Is it not totally off topic? Not saying I agree with any kind of ban for something as trivial but again it shows threads only get moderated when it suits the mod to do so!

We are in a Geocaching forum talking about a fellow geocacher, and everything has been civil.

is trading a geocaching calendar for a geocaching coin not still geocaching then?

is trading a geocaching calendar for a geocaching coin not still geocaching then?

Tis to me pet.........anything geocaching related is fine on Geo forums in my view

My point was to let you all know that the geocoin forums operate under a different set of guidelines, while at the same time, forum posters must follow the general forum posting guidelines, and the terms of use of this site. It was not to discuss how this will be handled from here on out, or in the past.

Where people live, what country they are in, will not change those forum guidelines. They are there for all to abide by, regardless of race, creed, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Calendars are not geocoin related, and so they do not belong in the geocoin forums, period. I stand by my decision. I have posted what the next step is. It can be appealed, but the thread cannot be posted in a forum that was not built for calendar sales, or the sales of anything not trackable on geocaching.com. Even if it was a calendar geocoin, if it's not trackable, the thread is not allowed.

It's my job to keep the forums I moderate running in accordance with the guidelines. As I said, if The Hornet wants to appeal my decision, he may contact Groundspeak.

Way to defuse! I hope The Hornet does appeal, and the proper process is applied. Thanks for making it clear that you don't think you overreacted or exceeded stated guidelines on forum misdemeanour punishment. Gawd save us all!
same language two different uses
Yep apparantly there is a thing called US English (well according to Microsoft anyway and its an excuse for not being able to spell Queens English) :D

As funny as I find that comment I now daily have to deal with "British" numpties that email me with text speak and other weird spellings of words which is much worse than American (you must forgive them for trying to create a bit of Culture for themselves)

As the Great George Dubya would say " fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on me no no no shame me twice shame on..... shame me twice shame on...."

As the Great George Dubya would say " fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on me no no no shame me twice shame on..... shame me twice shame on...."

No it's: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Which I think is an insult for mis-quoting The Who. :D

name='uktim' date='Aug 8 2008, 02:23 PM' post='3590426'

I think that the service we get is good value for money.

I think your in a rapidly decreasing majority

M

I for one will NOT be renewing my premium membership and I know that wont have much of an effect but I have had enough of the heavy handedness that seems to becoming more and more prevelant.

I only run a few PQ's so I wont miss out on much anyway.

:D

Thats the final straw.. I'm out of here.. My 30 odd dollars dont sound a lot.. but look after the penny's and the pounds look after themselves.. Well my pennies are now of to Help for Heroes.. a CHARITY.. god bless em.. they will appreciate my monies..

Bye goodnight and thanks for all the fish!!

Firstly: uktim, you're talking through a hole in your balaclava mate! (I was going to quote you, but quickly became bored with trying to quote your constant drivel).

Secondly: It's become more than apparent that GSP doesn't give a flying (deleted) about the UK geocaching community, your ignorance and arrogance have reached epic proportions. The manner in which you treat people that have served you is deplorable.

You seem to be under the impression that you are the governing body of geocaching, well let me tell you this............YOU'RE NOT!!!! You run a website, and that's it!

Thirdly: All of my caches will soon be archived, and listed on my personal website (a decision that was taken some time ago). I will no longer be logging caches on your site.

If I've offended anyone, I'm................................................you probably work for GSP.

name='uktim' date='Aug 8 2008, 02:23 PM' post='3590426'

I think that the service we get is good value for money.

I think your in a rapidly decreasing majority

M

I for one will NOT be renewing my premium membership and I know that wont have much of an effect but I have had enough of the heavy handedness that seems to becoming more and more prevelant.

I only run a few PQ's so I wont miss out on much anyway.

Thats the final straw.. I'm out of here.. My 30 odd dollars dont sound a lot.. but look after the penny's and the pounds look after themselves.. Well my pennies are now of to Help for Heroes.. a CHARITY.. god bless em.. they will appreciate my monies..

Bye goodnight and thanks for all the fish!!

Well it comes to something when Moss Trooper who was the first UK reviewer, who has been a member for seven n half years pulls his membership. GSP must know there are serious problems here.

Is it really too much to ask for the UK Reviewers and Moderators to run the UK forums, we bopped along nicely sorting all our own problems with common sense for years, it is only in the past 4/6 months since TPTB have started coming in and changing things that the problems have come about.

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

Actually, you are talking about a fellow cacher, so it is geocaching related.

I will say that I am disappointed at some of the replies. A shame. I think you can get your point across without the personal attacks directed at the Groundspeak staff. So what if they don't all own a passport? Does that make them bad people? In addition, only a couple of people would even be involved in anything to do with community relations. I don't see how you can bad mouth everyone there and lump them all in one big group like this. Wherigo and Waymarking and web site coding people and others behind the scenes just do their job, just like so many of us do. I don't understand the need to drag these people through the mud. They are just office workers. The principals have finds overseas. I don't. Big deal. I don't make a ton of money myself, but I make a pretty good income. I don't make enough to be able to travel out of the country. Does that make me a bad person or an idiot? I don't think it does myself, just not as fortunate as some. Maybe one day I will hit the lottery or get lucky in business. I am lucky enough to have traveled across the US for business and to take some nice vacations here and to Canada over the past few years (which did not require a passport to visit until very recently, which also leads to part of the reason why US people don't *need* passports as much). Groundspeak has to have regular office workers, like any company.

Like I say, disappointing. I understand your need to vent, but you don't have to get personal about it.

And, I own a passport and have had one for 15 years now. I've never considered it a big deal at all.

Having read the “Special Guidelines” of the coin forum I can see no reason for a ban without a warning. To me this is just heavy handed and over the top.

The mod that took the action states their occupation as Diplomat………..I don’t think so :D

Oh, I don't know. Have you seen what passes for US Diplomacy????

It generally shows a complete disregard for anything that does not suit their immediate intentions.

Actually, you are talking about a fellow cacher, so it is geocaching related.

I will say that I am disappointed at some of the replies. A shame. I think you can get your point across without the personal attacks directed at the Groundspeak staff. So what if they don't all own a passport? Does that make them bad people? In addition, only a couple of people would even be involved in anything to do with community relations. I don't see how you can bad mouth everyone there and lump them all in one big group like this. Wherigo and Waymarking and web site coding people and others behind the scenes just do their job, just like so many of us do. I don't understand the need to drag these people through the mud. They are just office workers. The principals have finds overseas. I don't. Big deal. I don't make a ton of money myself, but I make a pretty good income. I don't make enough to be able to travel out of the country. Does that make me a bad person or an idiot? I don't think it does myself, just not as fortunate as some. Maybe one day I will hit the lottery or get lucky in business. I am lucky enough to have traveled across the US for business and to take some nice vacations here and to Canada over the past few years (which did not require a passport to visit until very recently, which also leads to part of the reason why US people don't *need* passports as much). Groundspeak has to have regular office workers, like any company.

Like I say, disappointing. I understand your need to vent, but you don't have to get personal about it.

And, I own a passport and have had one for 15 years now. I've never considered it a big deal at all.

Like I said though it only appears to get moderated when it suits the Mod to do so. I have seen threads get closed which were about geocachers.

Bottom line is I'm not going to get dragged into how things are dictated on here (they say China is bad). This is a hobby and therefore you have a huge mix of people from every class and interest level. I have noticed recently GS turn the screw and get above their station, this may not be directly by those at HQ but it is those they employ to do their dealings.

Surely now even they have seen the chord of discontent from the UK community? Are they going to do anything about? are they going to address it? My guess is no but we live in hope

i just got a email saying simply paul has been banned for three days too for using profane language on this thread. wot a [beep!]

And what an American considers profanity is a totally different thing to what a UK English speaker regards as such. This website will automatically edit a s s , but not 'arse' despite the fact that an 'A s s' is a type of mule!

The fact that 'dam(n)' is edited to 'dagdum', whilst I might use the name of 'Jesus Christ' in a blasphemous manner without rebuttal, just further illustrates the problem.

Everyone needs to remember that we are divided by a 90% common language, just as much as Mexicans are from Spanish and French-Canadians are from French.

Do not apply British or other English speaking countries cultural sensibilities to anything USA, nor Vise Versa.

Hello,

I am one of the geocoin forum moderators. I am the one who suspended the posting rights of The Hornet. The Hornet was not banned. There is a big difference between being suspended for a short time, and being banned.

If you are banned, you do not come back.

A three day suspension is the normal time given for a first offense and this was the first offense in this case in the geocoins forums. I follow the forum guidelines, As a volunteer, I make sure they are being followed, and I stand by my decision. Especially in a situation where the poster should have known to ask first.

Eartha

Volunteer Groundspeak Forum Moderator

Hast thou or word, or wit, or impudence, that can yet do thee office?

William Shakespeare - "Measure for Measure"

Just making one of my irregular visits here and I find another "bust up".

As I read it this person got banned for a minor infringement of the forum guidelines. As this is the same person who seems to have upset/been upset by Groundspeak I wonder if they are trying to make an example of him.

I sometimes ask myself what sort of organisation I have joined and whether hunting plastic boxes merits all this angst.

Back on topic... 3 day ban totally OTT. Shame on that mod..... Do the rules on the coin forum allow you to offer several free unregistered coind to the first person who can change / remove such a person??? :D:D

Can we have our own special rules on the UK forum.... one that gives an automatic 3 day suspension to any none uK moderator who breaks the current GC rules???? (Done without warning of course)

Quote from The Hornet “If those guidelines had been followed I would have been warned for my misdemeanour. I received no warning, I was banned (suspended) for 3 days right off. If you had warned me, as is your right as forum moderator, I might have been "miffed" but I would have accepted it. It was the immediate ban/suspension that annoyed me.

As for using the appeals process, yes that is an option. However I know how that works. We'll see.”

end quote

Does this suggest that the appeals process is not all it should be??? :D:D

Waited until this morning to carry on on advice from a friend... thanks... :D:D

MaxKim.

Crikey, this is a bit of deja vu isn't it?

I really do get a bit wound up when the justification for doing something is "We're enforcing the guidelines/rules/whatever" when, if you read the guidelines/rules/whatever, they actually say to do something different. :D

Seems clear to me that the "first offence suspension" doesn't relate to the first offence of a single post, but instead relates to the first offence of repeated or serious breach. It really couldn't be clearer, and I don't think in this particular case there's any difference between US or UK English.

So, while I do appreciate that replies are being given it's not good enough to say that there's an appeals process. Come on GSP, sort it out! Apologise for being heavy handed and lift the suspension!

And what an American considers profanity is a totally different thing to what a UK English speaker regards as such.

Why is it with this forum that every moderating dispute simply has to be changed into as "Us versus the Americans"? I saw SP's post it did not contain anything that could possibly have been misconstrued in US usage.

He put anagrams of common swearwords, with a little justification for each one being a bona-fide word. The post was a rather silly, but relatively harmless, a bit like a kid writing "Teecher smells" on the blackboard, and the GSP response was, true to form: six of the best for you, you naughty boy.

SP was pushing things to see how far he could go before getting a ban. Well, he's found out now. The answer is you can't push things far. But we knew that anyway.

But, no, it's all the fault of those dastardly insensitive non-passport-owning, burger eating, undiplomatic, insular, cultural sensibilitiy infringing rotters the Americans. They just don't understand us, you know.

My take on this is that GSP run a fine website, with excellent features and content and only occasional performance issues, and the odd bug here and there. The forums aren't very good and the moderation policies can be downright wierd, but that's hardly central to the hobby.

Well, well, well, what a palaver!

Eartha's response should be met with what Tony from Men Behaving Badly would do when he came across such incompetence, idiocy etc. He would bring his hand up to his mouth and 'cough'

Those of us that watched this excellent comedy series would know exactly what he was coughing.

My take on this is that GSP run a fine website, with excellent features and content and only occasional performance issues, and the odd bug here and there. The forums aren't very good and the moderation policies can be downright wierd, but that's hardly central to the hobby.

Well said.

A few stand on the soap bx and try to whip up the masses into a frenzy.

A three day suspension from posting on the forums is hardly a hanging.

I won't bother commenting on the main issue, as Team Sieni seems to speak for me anyway. :D

For the moment geocaching is impossible around here (at least, if you're not wearing a wetsuit and snorkel!). But for those looking for a Lacky-cache recommendation (at risk of prodding a Hornet's nest) you could do worse than this one, and if it's raining you'll have a good pub to shelter in (wonder if I'll get suspended for linking to a pub?)! :D

Well having seen the text that went in the original Geocoin forum post I think getting a ban is completely out of order. It seems that over in that forum they have their own rules and are very precious anal about it all. A more appropriate response would have been to delete the post and PM The Hornet saying why. In fact I would argue that the post WASNT in breach of their petty little guidelines, which state the forum is for trading coins and the post was seeking to do exactly that.

If Eartha still thinks the ban was appropriate then I'm just glad he hangs out over in the Geocoin forums (where I never go) and not in here :D

As for SP's ban, I suspect he was being mischevious and trying to see what he could get away with and is probably not too surprised to have received a slap on the wrist.

And what an American considers profanity is a totally different thing to what a UK English speaker regards as such.

Why is it with this forum that every moderating dispute simply has to be changed into as "Us versus the Americans"? I saw SP's post it did not contain anything that could possibly have been misconstrued in US usage.

He put anagrams of common swearwords, with a little justification for each one being a bona-fide word. The post was a rather silly, but relatively harmless, a bit like a kid writing "Teecher smells" on the blackboard, and the GSP response was, true to form: six of the best for you, you naughty boy.

SP was pushing things to see how far he could go before getting a ban. Well, he's found out now. The answer is you can't push things far. But we knew that anyway.

But, no, it's all the fault of those dastardly insensitive non-passport-owning, burger eating, undiplomatic, insular, cultural sensibilitiy infringing rotters the Americans. They just don't understand us, you know.

At last, some sense! Hear hear.. apart from the bit about the forums not being good, trust me, compared to some places on t'interweb, these forums are a haven of sanity and pink fluffiness! Ho hum.

Firstly: uktim, you're talking through a hole in your balaclava mate! (I was going to quote you, but quickly became bored with trying to quote your constant drivel).

Secondly: It's become more than apparent that GSP doesn't give a flying (deleted) about the UK geocaching community, your ignorance and arrogance have reached epic proportions. The manner in which you treat people that have served you is deplorable.

You seem to be under the impression that you are the governing body of geocaching, well let me tell you this............YOU'RE NOT!!!! You run a website, and that's it!

Thirdly: All of my caches will soon be archived, and listed on my personal website (a decision that was taken some time ago). I will no longer be logging caches on your site.

If I've offended anyone, I'm................................................you probably work for GSP.

I find it very sad that we have a vocal minority on this site that seem intent on stirring trouble and seem to be totally unable to accept that other UK cachers are quite happy with the staus quo :D:D:D

This is the first time I've posted here since May 16th. No wonder.

[rant]

If the whole world and all our lives were run in such an anally retentive fashion as the main forums on Groundspeak.com then I would have jacked in this life thing long ago.

"Shoot first, ask questions later" is no way to run a "community". It does suit the INTJ types (Myers-Briggs personality types see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator) but they sometimes don't realise that there are at least as many people who disagree with them.

[/rant]

I find it very sad that we have a vocal minority on this site that seem intent on stirring trouble and seem to be totally unable to accept that other UK cachers are quite happy with the staus quo :D:D:D

Lets just agree to disagree..

Obviously you are happy with GSP.......

Obviously reading this thread a lot of people are not......

Lets just hope you dont make a mistake one day...............I am sure you will get as much support from the UK Community as Peter has :D

M

This is the first time I've posted here since May 16th. No wonder.

[rant]

If the whole world and all our lives were run in such an anally retentive fashion as the main forums on Groundspeak.com then I would have jacked in this life thing long ago.

"Shoot first, ask questions later" is no way to run a "community". It does suit the INTJ types (Myers-Briggs personality types see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator) but they sometimes don't realise that there are at least as many people who disagree with them.

[/rant]

I'm guessing that INTJ is yet another simplistic tag that the lazy can use to pigeonhole their fellow man :D

i just got a email saying simply paul has been banned for three days too for using profane language on this thread. wot a [beep!]

Is this true? (Not that I don't belive the poster)

Yes, you can't say [dadgum] here (a word that was fine in 1939's Gone With The Wind) but you can say Utter [um, no you cannot]. Odd, itsn't it?

*To shop at French Connection UK

**The modern spelling of the King who demanded the tide halt to prove he couldn't do everything.

Maybe the Americans need to have a word with FCUK. It IS a proper name, as SP DID say in his post. There was no need to edit it out, in my mind, SP did NOT use rude words/spellings.

Groundspeaks new Rule 1

"We're right, you're wrong, do as we tell you to do, or else..."

Lets just agree to disagree..

Obviously you are happy with GSP.......

Obviously reading this thread a lot of people are not......

Lets just hope you dont make a mistake one day...............I am sure you will get as much support from the UK Community as Peter has :D

M

We all pay for our own mistakes.

I doubt I'll ever get support from the "community" that is currently supporting Peter, it's not the sort of alliance I'd ever want to support or receive moral support from. Whilst I'm sure that they're all very pleasant people as individuals the group mentality that is accentuating an imagined US/UK divide is both unpleasant and unecessary. I'd advise everyone to take a step back and look at it from the outside, it's just petty and destructive, it's no better than the attitude that they seek to condemn. I suspect that it's doing nothing more than feeding the ego of a few ringleaders.

Whilst I agree that geocaching.com does an excellent job of listed caches and trackable items and does provide a good service in that respect even with the occasional glitches they have. The forums seem to be another matter.

uktim you also seem to be a vocal minority. You are entitled to your opinion but so are the other people on here who genuinely feel let down by the powers that be, it might be an idea for you to acknowledge that as well. Obviously there are a lot of people who go caching that never even visit these forums but the ones that do have seen chanegs recently most of them for the worse in my opinion. Tempers are flared and backs are up but these posts should never degenerate to name calling but as i say everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Here's mine then:

What I cannot understand is how there is obviously a set of moderating rules that are supposed to be used throughout the forums by all. However they are being over-riden by individuals who see fit to make their own rules up as they go along. The post in question according to the laid down rules should have been dealt with by a pm and editing and/or deleting the offending post. The mod in question jumped the gun and instigated a ban (3 day) which goes against the rules they are supposed to abide by. Quoting that different rules govern the geocoin forum.

If that is the case why have we had all the recent troubles because slightly different rules were not allowed to be instigated here by our own UK mods? They were made to toe the party line which ultimately ended up with two of them throwing in the towel.

Why are the other mods not being made to toe the line and follow the rules? Both the post on the geocoin forum and more recent one by Simply Pauls (albeit he was poking Groundspeak with a stick) should both have been dealt with by editing, the issue of a formal warning and education rather than jumping straight in with a ban.

It's the disparity with the forums and they way that certain individuals are treated that upsets me on here. Groundspeak are quick to react to a complaint even if it is only made by one person but they never seem to back down once they make a knee jerk reaction - like this one. As for the apeals process as I see it Groundspeak will always back up their lackies right or wrong.

I hope to be corrected on that last point. OK tin hat going on and sandbags being filled - bring it on :D

edited: to remove double lines spaces inserted for some bizarr reason.

Edited by studlyone

I doubt I'll ever get support from the "community" that is currently supporting Peter, it's not the sort of alliance I'd ever want to support or receive moral support from. Whilst I'm sure that they're all very pleasant people as individuals the group mentality that is accentuating an imagined US/UK divide is both unpleasant and unecessary. I'd advise everyone to take a step back and look at it from the outside, it's just petty and destructive, it's no better than the attitude that they seek to condemn. I suspect that it's doing nothing more than feeding the ego of a few ringleaders.

Well don't include me in that group. I think that the 'punishment' meted out to an individual was inappropriate and out of proportion to the offence, and I've said so. I haven't said anything about and imagined (or actual) US/UK divide. I still think that the mods handled this badly so am I just supposed to keep quiet about it or do I have a right to make my view known?

FWIW I've just popped into the Geocoin forum for to see what it's like in there, and there's a big thread here which is about wooden nickel coins and many home made wooden coins (which are not trackable), which would seem to be clearly in breach of the primary guideline set out in the sticky at the top of the forum, namely:

This forum may be used for selling, trading or giving away of geocoins which are trackable on Geocaching.com.

(my emphasis)

Whereas the post for which TH was banned WAS about trading geocions. While you have previously said that you understood the guideline to mean trading geocoins for other geocoins that is NOT what the guideline says.

I doubt I'll ever get support from the "community" that is currently supporting Peter, it's not the sort of alliance I'd ever want to support or receive moral support from.

Why? Is it wrong to share views with someone else?

I'd advise everyone to take a step back and look at it from the outside,

Possibly, maybe you too?

I suspect that it's doing nothing more than feeding the ego of a few ringleaders.
Who's ego exactly are you talking about?

Uktim, you are very vocal in your support for Groundspeak and all power to your elbow for that. It is good to hold to your views. I'm relatively new here so forgive my ignorance but are you a reviewer or moderator for them? If not, perhaps they might like to make you an offer soon.

It's the disparity with the forums and they way that certain individuals are treated that upsets me on here. Groundspeak are quick to react to a complaint even if it is only made by one person but they never seem to back down once they make a knee jerk reaction - like this one. As for the apeals process as I see it Groundspeak will always back up their lackies right or wrong.

There's only a disparity if you go looking for it, if you think that you can get away with more in another forum post there instead of crying that it's unfair :D

Personally I use the "view new posts" option to view the first page or two of recent posts across all the forums, read what I'm interested in and reply to some of those. If I wish to make a new post I check which forum it fits in and endeavour to post within the guidelines and ethos/practices of that forum.

We have a fairly diverse range of forums here. We can get on and use them, celebrate and enjoy them or seek out and rail againest perceived inequalities. I know which I'd rather do :D

Peter's ban was harsh, but the wording of his post suggests that he new it was outside the guidelines. Maybe that is why he got a ban?

Whilst I agree that geocaching.com does an excellent job of listed caches and trackable items and does provide a good service in that respect even with the occasional glitches they have. The forums seem to be another matter.

uktim you also seem to be a vocal minority. You are entitled to your opinion but so are the other people on here who genuinely feel let down by the powers that be, it might be an idea for you to acknowledge that as well. Obviously there are a lot of people who go caching that never even visit these forums but the ones that do have seen chanegs recently most of them for the worse in my opinion. Tempers are flared and backs are up but these posts should never degenerate to name calling but as i say everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Here's mine then:

What I cannot understand is how there is obviously a set of moderating rules that are supposed to be used throughout the forums by all. However they are being over-riden by individuals who see fit to make their own rules up as they go along. The post in question according to the laid down rules should have been dealt with by a pm and editing and/or deleting the offending post. The mod in question jumped the gun and instigated a ban (3 day) which goes against the rules they are supposed to abide by. Quoting that different rules govern the geocoin forum.

If that is the case why have we had all the recent troubles because slightly different rules were not allowed to be instigated here by our own UK mods? They were made to toe the party line which ultimately ended up with two of them throwing in the towel.

Why are the other mods not being made to toe the line and follow the rules? Both the post on the geocoin forum and more recent one by Simply Pauls (albeit he was poking Groundspeak with a stick) should both have been dealt with by editing, the issue of a formal warning and education rather than jumping straight in with a ban.

I hope to be corrected on that last point. OK tin hat going on and sandbags being filled - bring it on :D

edited: to remove double lines spaces inserted for some bizarr reason.

Very well said Ian :D

exactly what I have been saying for 2 days but in laymans terms :D (I just don't have the airs and graces and big posh words :D )

Mandy :D