Woo-woo

bumblingbs

Hi everyone, I haven't been around for quite some time and I'm coming back with a really off the wall question, if you'll humor me.

Oh, and I'd like to apologize to my approver, because I know he's here.

I had a cache planned, and I was looking forward to it, I was going to have a lot of fun with it. I'd already gotten permission for it, it would have been in a State Park. I don't want to taint the location, because I still think (I think) that it would be a good one, but this is what happened.

It was my birthday, and my choice to spend the day there hiking, enjoying the sunshine, and doing a little preliminary work for the cache. There is a tunnel there, and at one end it is spray painted "to heaven" and the other it says "to hell" We laughed all afternoon about how we had gone to heaven, but we got home and there was a death. A real one. We definitely stopped laughing.

I had intended to put the cache in heaven.

My 10 year old has asked me to never go back there.

This was just a bad coincidence, right, or are there some places you just shouldn't go?

Edited by bumblingbs

Hi everyone, I haven't been around for quite some time and I'm coming back with a really off the wall question, if you'll humor me.

Oh, and I'd like to apologize to my approver, because I know he's here.

I had a cache planned, and I was looking forward to it, I was going to have a lot of fun with it. I'd already gotten permission for it, it would have been in a State Park. I don't want to taint the location, because I still think (I think) that it would be a good one, but this is what happened.

It was my birthday, and my choice to spend the day there hiking, enjoying the sunshine, and doing a little preliminary work for the cache. There is a tunnel there, and at one end it is spray painted "to heaven" and the other it says "to hell" We laughed all afternoon about how we had gone to heaven, but we got home and there was a death. A real one. We definitely stopped laughing.

I had intended to put the cache in heaven.

My 10 year old has asked me to never go back there.

This was just a bad coincidence, right, or are there some places you just shouldn't go?

I am not superstitious, but I do consider myself devoutly religious. Yes, I certainly do believe there are places we should not go. Certainly, any place that would upset your child or bring back bad or tragic memories would certainly qualify.

I would also like to add that I am sorry for your loss.

It would be an excellent cache and I hope I haven't ruined it for someone else. A multi, in, on and above the bunkers and batterys and then a trip to heaven. Flashlights, climbing ladders. You can see that it would be fun. It's worried me for quite some time, because I want to, very much, but I cannot do it.