gaming cache

CLV3

Was wondering if many cachers are also table top or computer gamers. You know...of the fantasy sort.

Ok....I will say it.....DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS GEEKS???

I was wondering if a cache devoted to gaming would be feasable or more or less ignored. What kinda swag would be best for that?

Any ideas?

Was wondering if many cachers are also table top or computer gamers. You know...of the fantasy sort.

Ok....I will say it.....DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS GEEKS???

I was wondering if a cache devoted to gaming would be feasable or more or less ignored. What kinda swag would be best for that?

Any ideas?

I used to be, many years ago, and still play some online MMORPG's from time to time. I do know that there is Geocaching in Second Life.

I think any themed caches are interesting, regardless of whether or not I partake in the activity they are themed around.

TT

If you can find a way to work in a random encounter, that would be cool. Venemous Snake with a 7AC sounds about right, cacher will lose initative due to being surprised, called shot to the foot, Snake gets attack vs AC 6, THAC0 of 12, poison damage over time of 1d4 pts per round...

If you can find a way to work in a random encounter, that would be cool. Venemous Snake with a 7AC sounds about right, cacher will lose initative due to being surprised, called shot to the foot, Snake gets attack vs AC 6, THAC0 of 12, poison damage over time of 1d4 pts per round...

hehehe This thread is cracking me up. Seriously, it would be a cool cache idea but it would be a hard cache to find inexpensive stuff for. I could do a relatively large container, large enough for any gaming books people may want to get rid of. I have an early edition of Werewolf - The Apocalypse that I never use. I also have Call Of Cthulu but keeping that one. hehehe I have not decided on Ars Magica.

That's a great idea for a theme cache, especially if you have a rather large group of gamers in your area! What a great way to get them caching!

If you REALLY want to make a RPG and involve caching (or at least GPS's) you should check out Wherigo. You do need some additional equipment, but you can put together really neat adventures in your own back yard!

I think Wherigo would probably be the ultimate way to do a role-playing cache adventure--although I haven't done a Wherigo yet.

I have been wandering around in Morrowind or Oblivion and seen great places to put a cache before (Yes, I always remind myself I can't really do that--I'm not that far gone yet).

My students bring me their cast off gifts to use for cache swag. I usually get or happy meal toys still in the package or action figures and die-cast cars that some great aunt bought them not realizing they had outgrown those years ago, but I have an awesome dragon wizard figurine one of my students brought me. I keep it handy in case someone creates a cache with a theme it would fit.

I try to keep with the theme of a cache if I happen to have the right thing to trade. otherwise, I just sign the log and don't trade at all.

That's a great idea for a theme cache, especially if you have a rather large group of gamers in your area! What a great way to get them caching!

If you REALLY want to make a RPG and involve caching (or at least GPS's) you should check out Wherigo. You do need some additional equipment, but you can put together really neat adventures in your own back yard!

Never know, it may actually convert cachers to gamers AS WELL as gamers to cachers.

I think it would be pretty awesome to open an ammo can all full of dice...

There's a game store near me that sells single d4-d20 dice for 80 cents a piece, some in really neat colors. I've been thinking of buying some up and using them as cache swag, but somehow whenever I go in there and buy some, I end up deciding they are good dice and save them for d&d, and they never make it into a cache. =P

I think I would concentate more on the cache page description and graphics, the stage markers if its a multi, and the design of the container rather than the swag since it turns to junk so fast.

I'm a recent WoW convert, and loving it. My 4 year likes to navigate for me.

Here's an interactive fiction game I wrote years ago >>

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e9-49174761c0c0

The cache is archived but you can still play it.

edit - spellin'

Edited by 9Key

I think I would concentate more on the cache page description and graphics, the stage markers if its a multi, and the design of the container rather than the swag since it turns to junk so fast.

I'm a recent WoW convert, and loving it. My 4 year likes to navigate for me.

Here's an interactive fiction game I wrote years ago >>

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e9-49174761c0c0

The cache is archived but you can still play it.

edit - spellin'

I remember reading about another puzzle cache that was based on an interactive fiction game and required playing the game to completion to get the information necessary for the coordinates.

Here's another cache that is dedicated to the father of D&D: RIP Mr. DnD