BEWARE OF ACTIONGPS.COM!

I ordered a Garmin GPS from this company via internet on the 18th of July. The next day I read some really bad reviews about the company so I emailed them and expressed my concerns and they emailed right back within minutes to assure me my order was getting shipped that day. They sent me a bogus tracing number through USPS. The only info available from this number said that USPS had received electronic notification of the shipment. Needless to say I still have not received the order. Over the last week I have done some research and tried to contact the company every was possible with no luck. In the end I had to cancel my debit card through my bank and dispute the charges. Hopefully I will get my money back. I just wanted to let all of you know don't fall into the trap of their nice looking website and company responses prior to payment withdraw. Have a great day fellow cachers!!!

I'm not defending the company at all... especially as I actually read some *horrible* (I mean really bad, I know I'll never order from them) reviews of these guys when pricing new receivers just earlier today... but, for what its worth, the vast majority of the USPS numbers I've received usually don't end up showing any sort of update beyond what you note you're seeing prior to me actually having the item in hand, even while watching for an entire week.

So who knows, maybe you'll still get what you ordered...

Good luck, hope it works out.

The place is a scam its a hit and miss if you ever get your suff. Its the same company as broadway photo who also has horrible reviews. Cancel you credit card, dispute the charges and move on and order from a reputable dealer like buy.com or electronicadirect.com or amazon. I bought my colorado through electronicadirect.com and it was on my doorstep in 3 days.

Garmin might like to know about their "authorized dealers". The manufacturers tend to not find that kind of thing amusing.

...and three weeks for usps ground service is eyebrow-raising, but not unheard of. Their tracking really is horrible. There is a reason there's a multi-zillion dollar industry built around _not_ shipping boxes through U.S.P.S.

An invaluable reference source for checking out the integrity of electronics retailers is: www.resellerratings.com

I got royally screwed some years ago by a bunch of rip-offs called Discovery Cameras & Electronics, matter of fact, I just checked reseller ratings site to find that they're apparently still reaming the unwary till this day!

I was ready to make a trip to New Jersey and visit these maggots. I finally got my credit card company on their case to get my $700 back for goods they never delivered!

I bought a 60CSx from them this week.

Ordered it on Monday and it arrived today.

No rush shipping just their standard "free shipping"

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I really thought the whole transaction was smooth and

the shipping was fast.

Stan

Where do you live nephidoc? Did you buy new or refubished? I wonder why myself and so many other people have had such bad luck?

A "USPS has received electronic notification of the shipment" means just that, the USPS has not received the item, just the number they are going to use when they do ship it. When the USPS has it in there system it will show as being received at the Post Office. The only guaranteed real time tracking available with the PO is Express Mail. Everything else is just shows when they receive it and when its delivered and if your lucky maybe one when its received at the delivering PO.

Edited by IBcrashen

Broadway Photo (and many of the other NY-based electronics companies) has been ripping people off for decades. They are crooks. Look around enough and you'll find that they love to create sockpuppet accounts on forums like this one from 'satisfied customers'. Generally it's a newbie with a day-old account with a grand total of one post...

Seriously, stay away from these guys.

I'm in Utah.

After reading this forum over the last two days I was

going to call them and stop the order.

I'm heading to Yellowstone next week and really wanted

to take a GPS with me.

Knowing of your troubles, and despite my good fortune,

I doubt I'd buy anything from them again. We need to

support the people out there who care about their customers.

Stan

Well it looks like I am going to be in the market for a new Garmin any ideas of places to look on the net with good prices but a good company?

I've always been well pleaed with, "TheGSPStore.com" they are an actual brick and mortar business. Usually ship out the same day. Have price matched other Garmin Authorized Dealers, which they are.

A "USPS has received electronic notification of the shipment" means just that, the USPS has not received the item, just the number they are going to use when they do ship it. When the USPS has it in there system it will show as being received at the Post Office. The only guaranteed real time tracking available with the PO is Express Mail. Everything else is just shows when they receive it and when its delivered and if your lucky maybe one when its received at the delivering PO.

I totally agree. I ship a ton of stuff with UPS and FedEx. The electronic notification is set the minute I do a shipper, and is not updated until I actually drop off the package and it is scanned into their system. From then on it is tracked from location to location until it is delivered. There is no real time tracking from coast to coast on a semi, only tracking as it is unloaded then reloaded. The delivery truck does have real time in that when it is delivered and they send the files to the computer, it will note if it was delivered.

I used to use USPS but they constantly lost package, failed to deliver back the little green signed cards, etc. They are only good for the USPS employees.

I also agree with someone else that the UPS store is great.

I have had EXCELLENT service from http://gpsnow.com/

When I got my Colorado a few months back, there was a rash of people scamming sales for these, so after I ordered, I actually got a phone call from them the next day to confirm that i did in fact order one, and to make sure my information wasn't scammed or anything. They could have just said "Hey, we got the money, who cares!" and sent one out, but taking the step to make sure I was really the one who ordered, tells a LOT about the service of the company. They will ALWAYS be my first stop for GPS equipment.

I have had EXCELLENT service from http://gpsnow.com/

I never had a problem with http://gpsnow.com/, but I know someone that did. They were purchasing a couple of units for school and were wanting to get 5 Yellow Etrex units and 2 GPS60csx units. They placed the order before the semester started in January, but the units didn't arrive until early April. The problem was they would wait for the entire order to be available in inventory before shipping. They would not "hold" any of the units in inventory to wait for the order to be complete. This meant that they wouldn't ship unless their inventory completely matched that all the units were available at once.... without placing any holds on the inventory to complete the order.

So, if you're planning on ordering one unit, you probably don't have much to worry about. I've ordered from them twice and received my order very quickly. But I was only ordering one unit at a time.

Wow, Thanks for all the help from all of you!

i had posted this elsewhere in the forums, but it seems appropriate here:

something related to consumer electronics

purchased on the web, is the proliferation of "brooklyn camera scams"

in the discount camera category, and many of these stores sell

all manner of electronics.

for an eyeful, google "brooklyn camera scams" or "brooklyn camera scam

photos" and see what's on the other end of some of those web sites....

especially memorable is http://donwiss.com/pictures/brooklynstores/

none of the gps vendors whose names i've seen here fall in this category,

but most of these "brooklyn scams" can be found on the comparison

shopping web sites....

as the saying goes, let the buyer beware.....

FulThrotl